• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci- It's Up to Each Person to Determine Covid Risk

Yes. It is.

And it was predominantly idiots filling the hospitals and morgues after vaccines were in wide distribution.

Antimaskers and antivaxxers galore.

So how come antivaxxers aren't filling the hospitals and morgues now?

The Fauci hate is bizarre.

Do we hate him for correcting Trump's misinformation in public, or for providing the best information he had at any given moment? Because that's all he's done.

The goofballs who believe he is responsible for COVID are goofballs.

Fauci advocated and supported gain of function research. That research was done at the Wuhan lab. Bat coronaviruses were modified so they could infect humans. The pandemic started in Wuhan. It is a bat coronavirus that can infect humans.

How many "coincidences" do you need before you see a pattern?

Fauci advocated and supported gain of function research. That research was done at the Wuhan lab. Bat coronaviruses were modified so they could infect humans. The pandemic started in Wuhan. It is a bat coronavirus that can infect humans.

How many "coincidences" do you need before you see a pattern?

I need the evidence that leads you to state those things as facts. Certainly some of what you say is true, but you can't support most of it.

If all of that is so problematic, why did he outlast the Trump administration?

So isn't the idea, that now that we are entering an endemic phase...no matter how lax the public health guidelines are.....it is up to the individual to decide whether they need to take more precautions?

Kind of like the flu season. A person may have an immunization - that hopefully contains the strains they may be exposed to- but it is up to them whether to go in congested public areas, public transportation - or whether to go out in public without a mask.

What aren't you understanding?

We have reached the point with Covid that most areas have managed the risk to their healthcare systems with sufficient numbers of vaccines with and without natural immunity.,,,,so now it is up to the individual and how much risk they will assume.

A very healthy 30 year old (with or without vaccination) is likely to accept the likely low risk of serious covid disease, Now that rules rightfully have eased, he is no longer constrained by stringent public health guidelines
That being said the 30 year old immune compromised patient will likely not accept so much risk because serious disease is a strong possibilty if exposed.

But in case you already forgot, the rules have eased because the current burden to the healthcare systems has substantially decreased.

The lie about hospital max capacity is not working with me. Every job has surges. I have no compassion for whiners. Get another job.

The lie about hospital max capacity is not working with me. Every job has surges. I have no compassion for whiners. Get another job.
Max? No. Over max with patients who are not covid dying or suffering greater bodily insult because they cant get the bed, staff, and equipment needed to care for them.

My brother was one of them. Not covid. Died in January of last year because the hospital he should have gone to was overwhelmed. He was sent to a small community hospital with no ability to perform the emergency surgery he needed. On their behalf, they diagnosed his need for emergency surgery within about 20 minutes of hitting ER. They just did not have an available surgeon, and the OR would have been able to urgently start up in 2 hours. Too late,

I remember the South Dakota had a major surge (South Dakota...seriously?) The major facilities they normally send their sickest patients to told them "do the best you can". That likely meant death for those that were unable to be transferred.

This is not about "whining" it is about availability of resources.

Well lookie here. Little old Anthony has finally come around to my way of thinking. Except, I've been saying this for years.

So here we are. I'm finally right where he wants me.

Emphasis mine.

=========================================

There will be… a level of infection. This is not gonna be eradicated and it's not gonna be eliminated. And what's gonna happen is that we're gonna see that each individual is gonna have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take in going to indoor events and going to functions even within the realm of a green zone map of the country where you see everything looks green, but it's starting to tick up. So you're gonna make a question and an answer for yourself, for me as an individual for you as an individual, what is my age? What is my status? Do I have people at home who are vulnerable, that if I bring the virus home, there may be a problem? So we're at that point where in many respects, she's correct that we're going to have to live with some degree of virus in the community."

You were wrong years ago. You have already been told why the change in policy. If you like I can teach you again.
The circumstances have changed.

You were wrong years ago. You have already been told why the change in policy. If you like I can teach you again.
The circumstances have changed.
What I have been ‘told’ as you say are a bunch of lies.

What I have been ‘told’ as you say are a bunch of lies.
So:

1. Cases are not falling
2. Deaths are not falling
3. There are no good therapeutics like paxlovid and molnupiravir
4. And not everyone eligible has had a chance to get a free effective vaccine

Is that your story?
It’s laughable….

So:

1. Cases are not falling
2. Deaths are not falling
3. There are no good therapeutics like paxlovid and molnupiravir
4. And not everyone eligible has had a chance to get a free effective vaccine

Is that your story?
It’s laughable….

Um....

Philadelphia brings back indoor mask mandate as more states report COVID infections​

Um....

Philadelphia brings back indoor mask mandate as more states report COVID infections​

And?

Nationwide cases and deaths are both down:

Well lookie here. Little old Anthony has finally come around to my way of thinking. Except, I've been saying this for years.

Emphasis mine.

There will be… a level of infection. This is not gonna be eradicated and it's not gonna be eliminated. And what's gonna happen is that we're gonna see that each individual is gonna have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take in going to indoor events and going to functions even within the realm of a green zone map of the country where you see everything looks green, but it's starting to tick up. So you're gonna make a question and an answer for yourself, for me as an individual for you as an individual, what is my age? What is my status? Do I have people at home who are vulnerable, that if I bring the virus home, there may be a problem? So we're at that point where in many respects, she's correct that we're going to have to live with some degree of virus in the community."

May or earlier of 2020 was the time

May or earlier of 2020 was the time
Nope
Now is the time
May or earlier in 2020 would have cost tens of thousands of lives

Emphasis mine.

Didn’t you believe that we would be required to wear masks forever? You thought the democrats were trying to take away your freedom. This invisible boogeyman ruled your life for the last couple years. Well lookie here. It turns out that wasn’t the case. The situation has significantly improved regarding the pandemic. This brings with it a new set of guidelines. The powers that be no longer have to treat Trump supporters like the immature children they are.

Didn’t you believe that we would be required to wear masks forever? You thought the democrats were trying to take away your freedom. This invisible boogeyman ruled your life for the last couple years. Well lookie here. It turns out that wasn’t the case. The situation has significantly improved regarding the pandemic. This brings with it a new set of guidelines. The powers that be no longer have to treat Trump supporters like the immature children they are.
Who is we?

Mask don't work. . Meanwhile, Philly just brought back mask mandates. They don't listen to Fauci either

Fauci has figured out that nobody is following his advice anymore so he tailored his message to what people are doing so it looks like they are following his advice. He is doing everything he can do to avoid admitting his advice was not the greatest.

Fauci has figured out that nobody is following his advice anymore so he tailored his message to what people are doing so it looks like they are following his advice. He is doing everything he can do to avoid admitting his advice was not the greatest.

It's all about November. Fauci got him a memo.

each individual is gonna have to make their calculation of the amount of risk that they want to take
This makes sense when a less severe version of the virus is circulating. It makes sense when the hospitalization numbers are way down. It makes sense when we have access to a vaccine and therapeutics that prevents severe illness.

This did not make sense when a deadlier virus was spreading. During a time with no vaccines and little immunity.,

Many people lost their lives because they miscalculated the risk.

This makes sense when a less severe version of the virus is circulating. It makes sense when the hospitalization numbers are way down. It makes sense when we have access to a vaccine and therapeutics that prevents severe illness.

This did not make sense when a deadlier virus was spreading. During a time with no vaccines and little immunity.,

Many people lost their lives because they miscalculated the risk.
But those 'people' are not me

I win

Back
Top Bottom