• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fallujah Napalmed: US Uses Banned Chemical Weapon in Iraq

It's a coral of three ethnic factions. It's inherently unstable.

I am quite supprised that they didn't look into splitting the country into 3 separtate entities. One of the problems might be that the oil is in a specific location?

And according to polls something like 80% of the average Iraqi disapproves of our occupation so you end up with a number of them fighting each other and us all at the same time.

Of course they disapprove of our occupation, but the majority is very glad that we removed Sadam from power. That is why the election cylce is so crucial, it proves that we are not attempting for Iraq to become part of the United States, but help them recreate thier own country.

But failure is very much an option in Iraq. We're failing now. There is absolutely no gaurantee that with enough time and Iraqi casualties, insergent or not, that we're going to "win" there. That eventually "freedom and democracy" will ring (along with Haliburton's cash registers).

I wouldn't say that we are failing - there are still many challenges ahead so it all has yet to be determined. We have indeed been successful in all the battles.

Haliburton is the only company that could even remotely handle the job. So there was not an option. I do have an issue with contracts and blank checks.

I agree 100% on the issue that Haliburton was and probably is the only company able and available to preform the tasks we are contracting for. My problems with Haliburton involve their consant over charges and the fact they have been allowed to operated with terrorist regimes such as Iran. Back when Cheney was their CEO they set up off shore sub divisions that were merely shells, in some cases nothing more than a desk and phone on an island, all so they could do business with countries that it would have been illegal for them to do business with as an American company. They did and still do business with many of our enemies. By doing it in this way they're legal, but it's still crap.

Its very sad to read this, i'm not from USA, im from south america, and every day i turn the tv i just see a mess in iraq. It is quite peculiar how news channels from different countries differ from Iraq news, for example CNN might say just a few things and very fast, not showing any image at all, just communications with their reporters. While other TV stations outside USA show you really stunning images and videos of the war, people dead on the street, people getting killed using the machinegun and infra-red view of choppers, the suffering of woman and children, and hospitals that beyond their capacity to heal injured civilians.

The country that was suposed to get freedom and rights, just got bombs in the backyard of their house, and a playground for terrorist activities. One war made with lies, for just one purpose, getting cash and stealing natural resources.

its very sad.

by the way usa citizens are known as gringos, or yankees in south america :)

You must understand that its perfectly okay for USA to use banned weapons, its just not okay for the rest of the world. And thats just how it is :)

yea, so is ok for USA to bomb a hospital because they missed the target or because they thought it was a terrorist building.

And so is ok for usa to bomb a party killing lots of people because some civilians got married and were shooting to the air because it was their tradition.

and so is ok for usa to have a base full of "prisioners" in guantanamo.

and i can go on and on..
who is the bad guy? they are al bad.

CSA_TX said:
I don't know if I would consider myself gleeful of killing people. These are human beings that have families and lives of there own. However the fact that these people would like nothing better to see my life and that of my loved ones ended due to the fact I am an infadel. Because of that reason it gives me satisfaction that these SOB's are getting killed. I wish they would just let us live in harmany however I do not beleive that is possible at this point. With what has happened since 1979 to Americans at the hands of terrorists I think the fight is justified and if it means them or us then yes I am glad to see it is them. Should they bring the fight to our shores I will stand up and give all if that is what is required for my country and my loved ones.

We invade a country on false pretenses, and some of the bastards have the nerve to fight back. Can you believe it? Nuke 'em.

argexpat said:
It's déjà vu all over again...

From the UK Sunday Mirror

US troops are secretly using outlawed napalm gas to wipe out remaining insurgents in and around Fallujah.

News that President George W. Bush has sanctioned the use of napalm, a deadly cocktail of polystyrene and jet fuel banned by the United Nations in 1980, will stun governments around the world.

And last night Tony Blair was dragged into the row as furious Labour MPs demanded he face the Commons over it. Reports claim that innocent civilians have died in napalm attacks, which turn victims into human fireballs as the gel bonds flames to flesh.

Outraged critics have also demanded that Mr Blair threatens to withdraw British troops from Iraq unless the US abandons one of the world's most reviled weapons. Halifax Labour MP Alice Mahon said: "I am calling on Mr Blair to make an emergency statement to the Commons to explain why this is happening. It begs the question: 'Did we know about this hideous weapon's use in Iraq?'"

Since the American assault on Fallujah there have been reports of "melted" corpses, which appeared to have napalm injuries.

Last August the US was forced to admit using the gas in Iraq.

A 1980 UN convention banned the use of napalm against civilians - after pictures of a naked girl victim fleeing in Vietnam shocked the world.

America, which didn't ratify the treaty, is the only country in the world still using the weapon.

Who in the hell do you think the terrorists are BUT civilians, ..they represent no specific army, no country & follow no laws of engagement.

The less than animals in Falluja were given notice to "flee" before American forces dropped the hammer on them.

Go ahead....go try & curry more favor for them, & their murderous ideolgy, perhaps you will be honoring the senate democrats.:roll:

Originally posted by Stu Gahtze:
Who in the hell do you think the terrorists are BUT civilians, ..they represent no specific army, no country & follow no laws of engagement.

The less than animals in Falluja were given notice to "flee" before American forces dropped the hammer on them.

Go ahead....go try & curry more favor for them, & their murderous ideolgy, perhaps you will be honoring the senate democrats
Who the hell do you think you are? You spew a lot of hate. Every one of your posts is just an emotional rant with little or no factual evidence to support anything you say. WP is illegal. If you cannot see this, then you're advocating breaking the law. As far as fleeing the city, how about the ones that couldn't flee? Also, Falluja had 300,000 residents. Do you not think it is wrong to force a city that size to evacuate? Then go in and destroy 75% of it? You are one of the worst Americans I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom