• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Faith vs Works

I think he is spot on, if I understand correctly what he means when he says justice and compassion.

Oh I agree, those things are important but they're not my motivation for being a Christian...my motivation is my loyal love for Jesus and my deep appreciation for the most undeserved sacrifice Jesus made for me...that is what motivated me to become a Christian and to remain one...

Oh I agree, those things are important but they're not my motivation for being a Christian...my motivation is my loyal love for Jesus and my deep appreciation for the most undeserved sacrifice Jesus made for me...that is what motivated me to become a Christian and to remain one...

I think you just said the same thing a different way.

I think you just said the same thing a different way.

I don't think so...the OP seems to think, from my understanding, that belief in Jesus Christ as Savior is not necessary...only being a good person is...

I don't think so...the OP seems to think, from my understanding, that belief in Jesus Christ as Savior is not necessary...only being a good person is...

What if you don't know who Jesus is? Can you not avail yourself of his grace by trusting in God, however he appears to you?

What if you don't know who Jesus is? Can you not avail yourself of his grace by trusting in God, however he appears to you?

I believe what John 3:16;36 says...of course only God can read the heart so it is His decision to make...

The Bible said something about those who never heard of Jesus - we'll all be individually judged accordingly
(if I'm not mistaken). As to how, I don't know.

Never hearing about Jesus, is not the same as rejecting Jesus.

https://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html

Anyway, how can one even identify as a Christian - or talk about "saving" - if he never heard of Jesus?
As a Christian.....you've got to believe in Jesus. That's the main thing.

If someone doesn't want to believe in God, or Jesus (that's what I understand from the OP).....then, how can he even talk about believing in being "saved?"

Why can't he just do his good deeds? How does saving enter into it?

Can he explain that part? What "saving" is he on about? Saved from what?

What is there to be saved from, if he doesn't believe in God?
If he doesn't believe in God/Jesus - then why would he believe in the last judgment, or hell?

If he doesn't believe in the need for a Messiah - so, why is he concerned about being saved?
Saved from what? That's what I don't get. His position is not logical.

Why on earth would anyone bother to go through all the motion, if he doesn't believe in God or Jesus?
Or, maybe I'm missing something. Something does not compute. :lol:

Last edited:
The Bible said something about those who never heard of Jesus - we'll all be individually judged accordingly
(if I'm not mistaken). As to how, I don't know.

Romans 2?

Never hearing about Jesus, is not the same as rejecting Jesus.

https://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html

Anyway, how can one even identify as a Christian - or talk about "saving" - if he never heard of Jesus?
As a Christian.....you've got to believe in Jesus. That's the main thing.

If someone doesn't want to believe in God, or Jesus (that's what I understand from the OP).....then, how can he even talk about believing in being "saved?"

Why can't he just do his good deeds? How does saving enter into it?

Can he explain that part? What "saving" is he on about? Saved from what?

What is there to be saved from, if he doesn't believe in God?
If he doesn't believe in God/Jesus - then why would he believe in the last judgment, or hell?

If he doesn't believe in the need for a Messiah - so, why is he concerned about being saved?
Saved from what? That's what I don't get. His position is not logical.

Why on earth would anyone bother to go through all the motion, if he doesn't believe in God or Jesus?
Or, maybe I'm missing something. Something does not compute. :lol:

People sometimes go through all kinds of screwy ideas on their way to the cross, I am old enough to have seen it. Every now and then I will meet an old friend who was (for example) once a New Age fruitcake turned into a devout orthodox Christian. The Lord works in mysterious ways, Elwood. Of course, it works the other way around, too.

Romans 2?

People sometimes go through all kinds of screwy ideas on their way to the cross, I am old enough to have seen it. Every now and then I will meet an old friend who was (for example) once a New Age fruitcake turned into a devout orthodox Christian. The Lord works in mysterious ways, Elwood. Of course, it works the other way around, too.

Yes, that's true.

Maybe, hopefully, his question will result in another flagstone being laid out for our brother (OP author), who might be on his winding way to Jesus....:)

Back
Top Bottom