• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fact-checking President Trump’s 2019 State of the Union address

No, I provided the facts that Trump and the GOP congress have not only increased spending, but also cut income. Facts.

And why was Obama to blame for the economic numbers between November 2008 and January 2010?
No you haven't and the only fact presented was the deficit rising, the rest is your opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How can you call it the worst when we've maintained it for years now? The recession was the second worst US economic downturn...2nd only to the Great Depression. And not only did we recover from the Great Recession, but we've maintained that recovery for almost 10 years. To call that "the worst" is super partisan.

I never claimed to be conservative. I look at facts without spin or opinion. You only want us to consider a tiny part of the full set of facts. Sorry, not playing that game! Facts win!
The results don't support your opinion but keep buying the leftwing rhetoric as they love making fools of supporters

How did the current recession affect you and your family. Unemployment was worse in 81/82 and was misery index

The results don't support your opinion but keep buying the leftwing rhetoric as they love making fools of supporters

How did the current recession affect you and your family. Unemployment was worse in 81/82 and was misery index

The Bush/Cheney recession was the worst since the Great Depression. For you to say otherwise just demonstrates your arrogant ignorance.

The Bush/Cheney recession was the worst since the Great Depression. For you to say otherwise just demonstrates your arrogant ignorance.

So we are continually told by the radical left, seems that the Democratic Congress was incompetent and allowed it to happen. Amazing how Obama inherited TARP that bailed out the banks, a Democratic Congress, No budget and had his stimulus passed almost day one yet gave us the worst recovery in U.S. history. shows his incompetent and your lack of understanding of even basic civics and economics

So we are continually told by the radical left, seems that the Democratic Congress was incompetent and allowed it to happen. Amazing how Obama inherited TARP that bailed out the banks, a Democratic Congress, No budget and had his stimulus passed almost day one yet gave us the worst recovery in U.S. history. shows his incompetent and your lack of understanding of even basic civics and economics

Yeah, Bush/Cheaney just had it all under control, didn't they? You should see a Psychiatrist.

No you haven't and the only fact presented was the deficit rising, the rest is your opinion

The deficit rising IS THE VERY FACT I'M TALKING ABOUT. But you keep trying to flim flam to give Trump full credit for things that were already taking place before he took office, while blaming Obama for things that were happening when he took ofice.

We're reading you loud and clear. Two standards.

I didn't post an opinion in the post to which this was the response. Only facts. No rhetoric.

Current recession?

The Great (Bush) Recession was the 2nd worst economic downswing in US history, only being "bested" by The Great Depression. This is a fact.

Last edited:
I didn't post an opinion in the post to which this was the response. Only facts. No rhetoric.

Current recession?

The Great (Bush) Recession was the 2nd worst economic downswing in US history, only being "bested" by The Great Depression. This is a fact.

No, that isn't a fact, that is an opinion, 81-82 was much worse and affected almost ALL Americans, this one didn't. It is interesting how Bush alone is responsible for the recession making me wonder what the Democratic Congress did from January 2007 to January 2009? Isn't it possible that the Democrats wanted the WH more than doing their job for the American people and knew people like you would blame Bush?

The deficit rising IS THE VERY FACT I'M TALKING ABOUT. But you keep trying to flim flam to give Trump full credit for things that were already taking place before he took office, while blaming Obama for things that were happening when he took ofice.

We're reading you loud and clear. Two standards.

Deficit rising is a fact, the reasons however are your opinions not boosted by the line items thus fact. What things were taking place when Trump took office? For someone who claims to have voted for Bush, you are very poorly informed on actual reality. Really is interesting how Obama's supposed economic results were so much better AFTER he left office showing just how people like you are economics and civics challenged

No, that isn't a fact, that is an opinion, 81-82 was much worse and affected almost ALL Americans, this one didn't. It is interesting how Bush alone is responsible for the recession making me wonder what the Democratic Congress did from January 2007 to January 2009? Isn't it possible that the Democrats wanted the WH more than doing their job for the American people and knew people like you would blame Bush?

In your opinion.

The Bush Recession was part of a GLOBAL recession. It didn't just hit Americans-it affected people globally.

You can cherry pick numbers to leave out context to make the "Reagan Recession" look worse, but that's just nonsense.

The Great (Bush) Recession was the 2nd worst economic US situation since the Great Depression. Fact.

And Obama inherited that, while Trump inherited a growing, thriving, stable economy.

Not a single word of this post leaves out context or isn't fact.

Time for you face the music.

But if we're going to us your logic, then the D congress Obama had from 2008-2009 was the reason for the flourishing economy starting from 2010 onward. So sorry your logic betrays you!

Deficit rising is a fact, the reasons however are your opinions not boosted by the line items thus fact. What things were taking place when Trump took office? For someone who claims to have voted for Bush, you are very poorly informed on actual reality. Really is interesting how Obama's supposed economic results were so much better AFTER he left office showing just how people like you are economics and civics challenged

When Obama took office, debts and deficits were exploding, and Tea Parties took to rallying to blame Obama.

Trump explodes deficits, and somehow that's ALSO Obama's fault.

We get it. No need to continue proving the deep partisan influence on your thoughts.

In your opinion.

The Bush Recession was part of a GLOBAL recession. It didn't just hit Americans-it affected people globally.

You can cherry pick numbers to leave out context to make the "Reagan Recession" look worse, but that's just nonsense.

The Great (Bush) Recession was the 2nd worst economic US situation since the Great Depression. Fact.

And Obama inherited that, while Trump inherited a growing, thriving, stable economy.

Not a single word of this post leaves out context or isn't fact.

Time for you face the music.

But if we're going to us your logic, then the D congress Obama had from 2008-2009 was the reason for the flourishing economy starting from 2010 onward. So sorry your logic betrays you!

The global recession reflected the problems that other countries face that we don't and that is reliance on govt. for the largest percentage of GDP and when the govt. cuts spending that hurts those countries a lot more than ours as we rely on the private sector not the govt. sector

Calling it the Great Bush recession is great indoctrination on the part of the Democrats who have people like you convinced that the President runs the economy. Asking again what did the Democrats do to prevent that recession and why aren't they complicit in the creation?

What Obama inherited and what you want to ignore is TARP!!!! He also inherited a Democratic Congress that gave him his stimulus almost day one, and a BUDGET that wasn't approved during the Bush term. Why is that so hard for you to understand? the recession that Obama inherited was brought out by TARP and the recapitalization of the banks. Obama's spending didn't take place until late 2009.

For some reason your idea of a flourishing economy is coming off the worst recession, your term, and only generating a 2.5% GDP growth. That makes no sense as if that is the best you can do then your policies suck. Liberal standards and apparently yours are very low. Much of that Obama economy was govt. spending, not private sector spending as the components of GDP show

When Obama took office, debts and deficits were exploding, and Tea Parties took to rallying to blame Obama.

Trump explodes deficits, and somehow that's ALSO Obama's fault.

We get it. No need to continue proving the deep partisan influence on your thoughts.

Since Congress controls the legislation and the spending you cannot escape the reality that it was the Democratic Congress that helped explode those deficits. Trump's exploding deficits?? Asked and still not received what spending increases caused the 17% growth in the deficit during Trumps first economic year?

You can and will say the same things over and over again hoping that the lies become the truth, that isn't going to happen

Nothing partisan in my comments, just data and facts from a former Democrat who probably has voted for more Democrats in my lifetime than you Republicans. You are simply too partisan and blind to the reality of basic economics, civics, and the Constitution

Only last week you denied that Trump and the Republicans had a rising deficit. Now you admit that they're rising. You're making progress. Now you can graduate to 2nd grade.

Only last week you denied that Trump and the Republicans had a rising deficit. Now you admit that they're rising. You're making progress. Now you can graduate to 2nd grade.

I am really concerned about your reading comprehension as I never said the deficit wasn't rising and explained why it was rising, you blamed Trump and the Republicans which shows that you are civics challenged and have no idea what the line items in the budget are

I am really concerned about your reading comprehension as I never said the deficit wasn't rising and explained why it was rising, you blamed Trump and the Republicans which shows that you are civics challenged and have no idea what the line items in the budget are

Oops. Sorry. Back to 1st Grade.

Oops. Sorry. Back to 1st Grade.

That is probably where you belong along with the rest of the 24/7 Trump bashers who continue to throw temper tantrums over every word Trump says or is reported to have said. Maybe you can get that first grade teacher to explain basic civics to you and where spending comes from?

Back
Top Bottom