• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Facebook: 126 million American users saw content uploaded by "Russia"-based operatives in 2 years (1 Viewer)

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Facebook: 126 million American users saw content uploaded by "Russia"-based operatives in 2 years

terrible news , Muscovite inflation over the USA media is much bigger than i thought ... what Trump is gonna do with this information?

"Facebook has said as many as 126 million American users may have seen content uploaded by Russia-based operatives over the past two years....Facebook says hundreds of accounts backed by Russian trolls filled news feeds with inflammatory messages....
What about other social networking sites?
Google also revealed on Monday that Russian trolls had uploaded more than 1,000 political videos on YouTube on 18 different channels. The company said they had very low view counts and there was no evidence they had been targeting American viewers.

Meanwhile, Twitter found and suspended all 2,752 accounts that it had tracked to the Russia-based Internet Research Agency, Reuters quotes a source as saying.

These accounts, which have now been suspended, posted about 131,000 tweets between September 2016 and November 2016.

All three companies are also due to testify on Wednesday at the Senate and House intelligence committees.
"
Facebook page

Russia-linked posts 'reached 126m Facebook users in US' - BBC News

Re: Facebook: 126 million American users saw content uploaded by "Russia"-based operatives in 2 yea

Ban%2BRussian%2BTrolls.jpg

Re: Facebook: 126 million American users saw content uploaded by "Russia"-based operatives in 2 yea

The Russians are coming...
The Russians are coming...

If the Russian objective was to sow discord among US voters,
If the objective was to spread false news stories to influence voters,
If they wanted to further divide us, then

They succeeded.

Right....because people in TX and elsewhere might like or share any of these.

Here's what fake Russian Facebook posts during the election looked like

Well, I would think that the deeper question that Texans need to ask themselves is why the outside world sees Texas as ripe for mental manipulation.

I mean, it wasn't the Heart of Colorado. It wasn't the Heart of D.C. It wasn't the Heart of California or Iowa. It was the Heart of Texas, right? So why Texas? Running around now and pretending that Texans are above falling for such nonsense, doesn't really address the issue.

Last edited:

Well, I would think that the deeper question that Texans need to ask themselves is why the outside world sees Texas as ripe for mental manipulation.

I mean, it wasn't the Heart of Colorado. It wasn't the Heart of D.C. It wasn't the Heart of California or Iowa. It was the Heart of Texas, right? So why...Texas?

I know how many Texans think. This wasn't anything outside the norm [most of us despise Hillary] but, it didn't necessarily get people out to vote for Trump in other states.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling....

Never had or used a Facebook account.

They succeeded.

The resist movement is doing a pretty good job to sow discord. I would be more worried about them! :)

The resist Bannon movement is doing a pretty good job to sow discord. I would be more worried about them! :)

Fixed that for ya :thumbs:

They succeeded.

And the Left wing served as their useful idiots.

Not nice to change what I wrote..........................

I'm not nice :cool:

terrible news , Muscovite inflation over the USA media is much bigger than i thought ... what Trump is gonna do with this information?

"Facebook has said as many as 126 million American users may have seen content uploaded by Russia-based operatives over the past two years....Facebook says hundreds of accounts backed by Russian trolls filled news feeds with inflammatory messages....
What about other social networking sites?
Google also revealed on Monday that Russian trolls had uploaded more than 1,000 political videos on YouTube on 18 different channels. The company said they had very low view counts and there was no evidence they had been targeting American viewers.

Meanwhile, Twitter found and suspended all 2,752 accounts that it had tracked to the Russia-based Internet Research Agency, Reuters quotes a source as saying.

These accounts, which have now been suspended, posted about 131,000 tweets between September 2016 and November 2016.

All three companies are also due to testify on Wednesday at the Senate and House intelligence committees.
"
Facebook page

Russia-linked posts 'reached 126m Facebook users in US' - BBC News

Lol ! This nonsense again ?

Which one of those Facebook adds forced Hillary Clinton to ignore Michigan and Wisconsin right before the election ?

Which one forced her to call millions of voters deplorable ?
Which one forced her to lie her way through press conferences about why she set up her rogue email server ?

And which one gave her the personallity of a door stop ? The likabillity of a used bandaid ?

And the Left wing served as their useful idiots.

some facts :

Putin has found his perfect 'useful idiots' - The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../putin-has-found-his-perfect... - Översätt den här sidan
17 maj 2017 - You cannot make this stuff up. “Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday he would be willing to provide the U.S. Congress a record of ...
Conservatives shouldn't be Vladimir Putin's 'useful idiots' - Washington ...
Error | 404 - Washington Times...

27 juli 2017 - Russian President Vladimir Putin answers questions during a news conference after his talks with and Finnish President Sauli Niinisto in ...
Putin's Useful Idiots - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/.../sierakowski-putins-useful-idiots.ht... -
29 apr. 2014 - Western intellectuals have long had a soft spot for Russia. Voltaire, the French teacher of tolerance and a great friend of Catherine the Great, ...

I mean, it wasn't the Heart of Colorado. It wasn't the Heart of D.C. It wasn't the Heart of California or Iowa. It was the Heart of Texas, right? So why Texas? Running around now and pretending that Texans are above falling for such nonsense, doesn't really address the issue.

TX was going to vote for the GOP candidate no matter what. If it was directed there, what a waste of time and effort. Just like if there were pro-Hillary ads in CA.

They succeeded.

We've been divided long before last years election. It began when political parties, candidates saw that personal attacks, digging up dirt, mud slinging works. Our elections have boiled down to divide and conquer, pitting on group against another group with the idea of making the voters hate the other guy more than they hate you. All in search for votes without a thought of how one is going to govern or even try to unify the nation.

Our problem today is Democrats and Republicans see each other as the number one threat to the United States. The USA's worst or number one enemy to the Republic. More than North Korea, Russia, Iran, ISIS, terrorists, the debt, political discord or anything else one can think of.

They succeeded.

If you believe what you read on facebook without checking it, that's on you.

If you believe what you read on facebook without checking it, that's on you.

and where do you think the Journalists (who you like) are finding new information ? not on social media ?

We've been divided long before last years election. It began when political parties, candidates saw that personal attacks, digging up dirt, mud slinging works

So.... 1796, then?

Our elections have boiled down to divide and conquer, pitting on group against another group with the idea of making the voters hate the other guy more than they hate you. All in search for votes without a thought of how one is going to govern or even try to unify the nation.

Well, it's a bit of a catch-22. If you don't operate like that, the feeling goes, you can't win.

Because that's what riles people up, gets them to vote for you, gets' them to vote against the other guy/gal. It gets them to volunteer for you, campaign for you, go door-to-door for you. Fear of the Other works. :shrug:

Our problem today is Democrats and Republicans see each other as the number one threat to the United States. The USA's worst or number one enemy to the Republic. More than North Korea, Russia, Iran, ISIS, terrorists, the debt, political discord or anything else one can think of.

I'm not sure it's even that justified. I think tribal hatred is just... that.

Thank you. The biggest problem here isn't the Russians. It's the stupid Americans who believe everything they read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom