• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

F.D.A. ‘Grossly Misrepresented’ Blood Plasma Data, Scientists Say

Your gaslighting is actually pretty pathetic and sad. You're defending an agency that is telling you in several official ways they screwed up. Hahn released his own 'correction' and today the FDA spokesbabe was fired, for misrepresenting the claims.

FDA fires brand new spokesperson after Trump exaggerates plasma as coronavirus '''breakthrough''' at RNC

You'd think you guys would learn not to defend these morons. It never ends well for you. Now you're digging your hole deeper, even after the FDA just threw you and others defending them under the bus, backed up, and ran over you again. SAD!!

I am always amused that people will still take jobs from him.

Oh yeah. Why why why.. did they bend over to do this?

And why why why.. did the CDC bend over and give conflicting information on testing..

Don;t these guys realize everything Trump touches dies?

Crap.. now I am going to get flooded with anti vaxxer.. this is a hoax.. "but even the CDC and FDA can;t be trusted".. posts on our facebook page. (sorry.. just ranting)

You know why.

It looks good to do things, regardless of the actual outcome, especially if you’re only using the next three months as a yardstick.

Same reason the CDC changed testing guidelines. Makes the numbers look good. We were clearly told the reason several times. “If you don’t test, you don’t have cases”.

Last edited:
Your gaslighting is actually pretty pathetic and sad. You're defending an agency that is telling you in several official ways they screwed up. Hahn released his own 'correction' and today the FDA spokesbabe was fired, for misrepresenting the claims.

FDA fires brand new spokesperson after Trump exaggerates plasma as coronavirus '''breakthrough''' at RNC

You'd think you guys would learn not to defend these morons. It never ends well for you. Now you're digging your hole deeper, even after the FDA just threw you and others defending them under the bus, backed up, and ran over you again. SAD!!

Don’t scare him. He gets really nervous.

You know why.

It looks good to do things, regardless of the actual outcome, especially if you’re only using the next three months as a yardstick.

Same reason the CDC changed testing guidelines. Makes the numbers look good. We were clearly told the reason several times. “If you don’t test, you don’t have cases”.

But.. these guys have to know what they are doing. And for who? Trump? He would and has thrown them under the bus the minute he could. Look at fauci..

These guys seem to be throwing away their careers in my opinion.. as they are killing their credibility.

Whats worse.. they are making it harder to get compliance with a vaccination when it becomes available.

But.. these guys have to know what they are doing. And for who? Trump? He would and has thrown them under the bus the minute he could. Look at fauci..

These guys seem to be throwing away their careers in my opinion.. as they are killing their credibility.

Whats worse.. they are making it harder to get compliance with a vaccination when it becomes available.

Trading credibility for Trump’s favor seems to be a theme these last four years.

Redfield was always questionable, Azar is a pretty good guy, but inherently political, and I don’t really know Hahn’s deal and at this point, don’t care anymore.

Bring back Rob Califf.

Re: F.D.A. ‘Grossly Misrepresented’ Blood Plasma Data, Scientists Say

These physicians ... you didn't know the rest of the world was widely ignoring your warnings?
earth.svg

What's your source?

I'll stick with the words that were used.
- "if the data continue to pan out" ...
- "suggest" and "promising"...
- "safe and shows promising efficacy, thereby meeting the criteria for an emergency use authorization"

You rely on 'promising', 'suggest', and 'if'? If someone said that about an untested parachute before you jumped, would you? 'Here, strap this on; it's promising, and if the data continue to pan out it suggests you'll be fine and won't hit the ground at 118mph'.

Last edited:
Factoid. When you mix politics and science together, you get ... politics.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

A randomized trial wouldn't have to.

Thats kind of the point of a randomized trial.

In a study of HCQ effectiveness it certainly would have to isolate by patient demographics and stage of infection to address the proper target group.
That should be clear to you by now.

A Consumer Report test for safety features of the new Audi won't test for the safety features of a used Lexus.

Last edited:

Has the FDA withdrawn their emergency use authorization?

You rely on 'promising', 'suggest', and 'if'? If someone said that about an untested parachute before you jumped, would you? 'Here, strap this on; it's promising, and if the data continue to pan out it suggests you'll be fine and won't hit the ground at 118mph'.

Even parachutes undergo human testing before put into production.
And as explained earlier, this is seen as a "right-to-try".

The money quote from Scott Gottlieb, former FDA commissioner: “You earn public confidence in small drops and you lose it in buckets.” Someone kicked the bucket over.

Has the FDA withdrawn their emergency use authorization?

FaithfulTeemingArcherfish-max-1mb.gif

No, but they lied about the benefits of the treatment.

Seriously - you're making yourself look desperate and sad with this pathetic gaslighting and dodging of the issues. FDA lied, so egregiously that they had to fire their new spokesbabe after only 10 days on the job. Trump isn't worth shredding your integrity, not ever and especially not in this case when the FDA admits to YOU they lied, and you're trying to tell us that 1) FDA was accurate with their original statements, and, I guess, 2) are lying now when they correct those statements and fire those who made them.

Here's the sitch: COVID is running rampant through the population. There is no cure. There is no vaccine. Doctors are desperately throwing everything against it to try to reduce the dying - hydrochloriquine, Antivirals, steroids, convalescent plasma - anything that seems plausible. Some seem to work, but only testing can sort that out.

Approval of "emergency use authorization" disrupts testing, because it creates hope - potentially false hope. A drowning person will grab onto anything to avoid going under. The announcement, intentionally or not, created a false impression (hope) by overstating the evidence. It may, literally, have done more harm than good. Only further testing will determine that.

BTW, there isn't enough convalescent plasma to go around, which will create its own problem.

FaithfulTeemingArcherfish-max-1mb.gif

No, but they lied about the benefits of the treatment.

Seriously - you're making yourself look desperate and sad with this pathetic gaslighting and dodging of the issues. FDA lied, so egregiously that they had to fire their new spokesbabe after only 10 days on the job. Trump isn't worth shredding your integrity, not ever and especially not in this case when the FDA admits to YOU they lied, and you're trying to tell us that 1) FDA was accurate with their original statements, and, I guess, 2) are lying now when they correct those statements and fire those who made them.

If it's not withdrawn it's as they described. What they said was what I heard.
Did you listen to it? No.
Did their spokesbabe have anything to do with it. No.
Hahn buckled to outside pressure to give clarification but he didn't withdraw the emergency use authorization. It's not like the exploding Lancet study you endorsed.

You're too desperate to find something. That's nothing new. But you won't find it with this one.

If it's not withdrawn it's as they described. What they said was what I heard.
Did you listen to it? No.
Did their spokesbabe have anything to do with it. No.
Hahn buckled to outside pressure to give clarification but he didn't withdraw the emergency use authorization. It's not like the exploding Lancet study you endorsed.

You're too desperate to find something. That's nothing new. But you won't find it with this one.

1) West High school won the football game.
2) West High school beat the other team by 72 points (actual score: 10-7).

What you seem to believe is that if 1) is true, then someone making the second claim is also speaking the truth and it's unfair to point out that in fact that second claim is a lie.

And Hahn admitted to the lie, and they fired their spokesbabe for putting the lie in official news releases. Trump's FDA has officially, twice, thrown your sad and pathetic defense under the bus, then backed up and run you over a second time.

Last edited:
3. There were 82 studies that the link and 47 were peer reviewed.

I did not ask for peer-reviewed. I asked for RCT showing HCQ being effective. You have not provided a single one. Others and myself have given you ones that were done, whether or not they were peer reviewed.

So once again, how many of these 82 studies are RCTs showing HCQ was effective (not as your no-name website claims but as claimed by the paper itself)?

Still 0?

1) West High school won the football game.
2) West High school beat the other team by 72 points (actual score: 10-7).

What you seem to believe is that if 1) is true, then someone making the second claim is also speaking the truth and it's unfair to point out that in fact that second claim is a lie.

And Hahn admitted to the lie, and they fired their spokesbabe for putting the lie in official news releases. Trump's FDA has officially, twice, thrown your sad and pathetic defense under the bus, then backed up and run you over a second time.

Your wrong across the board. Probably because you never saw and heard what you're commenting about.

I did not ask for peer-reviewed. I asked for RCT showing HCQ being effective. You have not provided a single one. Others and myself have given you ones that were done, whether or not they were peer reviewed.

So once again, how many of these 82 studies are RCTs showing HCQ was effective (not as your no-name website claims but as claimed by the paper itself)?

Still 0?

I don't know how many, if any, are RCT trial results but the positive or negative effectiveness of HCQ in the papers is clearly noted.
Most papers on any subject look at data that's accumulated from actual patient experiences.
Take a look at each one if you're that curious.
Perhaps you don't understand how arduous a task it is to stage a randomized control test and how long it takes to complete one.
And perhaps, actually it's most likely, that you have no idea how commonly HCQ is currently used as a treatment for some COVID patients.
You can take a look at that too if you find the time.

I don't know how many, if any, are RCT trial results but the positive or negative effectiveness of HCQ in the papers is clearly noted.
Most papers on any subject look at data that's accumulated from actual patient experiences.
Take a look at each one if you're that curious.
Perhaps you don't understand how arduous a task it is to stage a randomized control test and how long it takes to complete one.
And perhaps, actually it's most likely, that you have no idea how commonly HCQ is currently used as a treatment for some COVID patients.
You can take a look at that too if you find the time.

The best data we have says HCQ doesn’t work for PEP, but your stupid anonymous website lists it as a positive trial, and proudly claims that 100% of studies show it works in that situation, where we have two RCTs that show it doesn’t.

This whole thread should be deeply embarrassing for you if you have even a modicum of shame.

Your wrong across the board. Probably because you never saw and heard what you're commenting about.

LOL, suit yourself. Keep digging that hole. SAD!!

BTW, why did Trump have to fire his FDA spokesbabe after One Scaramucci (i.e. 10 days) on the job?

I don't know how many, if any, are RCT trial results

Ok, so you still got NOTHING then.

That's exactly why they are the gold standard - because they truly show whether the drug does its job or not. All those studies from your anonymous website are only useful to establish that RCTs should in fact be done. Guess what. They WERE done and showed that HCQ is useless for both early and late stage of the diseases. Other than additional side effects, they don't improve anything.

But you refuse to believe those RCTs because they don't fit Trump narrative apparently. Heck, even Trump stopped touting it I think.

LOL, suit yourself. Keep digging that hole. SAD!!

BTW, why did Trump have to fire his FDA spokesbabe after One Scaramucci (i.e. 10 days) on the job?

BTW, did you actually see the presentation you're sure you know all about or didn't you?

Back
Top Bottom