• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Excellent Reasons for Single Payer Medical Insurance for me and the rest of America! Health insurance Industry is a scam

This should have been approved 35 years ago .......

Patients and doctors make health care decisions. You choose your doctor. ...
Nope. Under single payer with the loss of the profit motive, there will be far fewer doctors and choices.
Everybody in. Single payer covers all of us. ...
Which will result in rationed healthcare.
Stabilize costs. ...
By way of rationing healthcare.
Stop medical bankruptcy. ...
Not at all. Most medical bankrupcy is the result of the individual not earing income during rhe illnes.
End financial rationing. ...
There is no financial rationing. Only the government rations.

And under the medicare for all scheme, the only thing that will change is much less healthcare will be availble. You would still pay Medicare premiums, which will keep getting raised as the system goes bankrupt. At some point, you will be paying as much or more in medicare premiums then you are now paying in health insurance premiums. The only difference will be ratgioned care.

Nope. Under single payer with the loss of the profit motive, there will be far fewer doctors and choices.
Not true of single payer systems worldwide.
Which will result in rationed healthcare.

By way of rationing healthcare.
We already ration healthcare in the US. We just do it based on money.
Not at all. Most medical bankrupcy is the result of the individual not earing income during rhe illnes.
Cite a source/
There is no financial rationing. Only the government rations.
‘lol ok.
And under the medicare for all scheme, the only thing that will change is much less healthcare will be availble. You would still pay Medicare premiums, which will keep getting raised as the system goes bankrupt. At some point, you will be paying as much or more in medicare premiums then you are now paying in health insurance premiums. The only difference will be ratgioned care.
Hahahahahahaha. Sure buddy.

Not true of single payer systems worldwide.
You do not havde the foggiest idea what you are talking about. Removingb the profit motive from healthcare absolutely limits the amount of healthcare available.
We already ration healthcare in the US. We just do it based on money.
The only healthcare rationing that goes on in the US is the availability of organs for transplant.. That's it. Nothing else is rationed by the government.
Cite a source/
Common sense. Big medical bills in the US are problematic, however there is always a way to resolve them. What drives most into medical bankruptcy is simply not being able to earn a living due to the illness.
‘lol ok.
You know I am right. Other then organ transplants, do tell me what the government in the US ratgions.
Hahahahahahaha. Sure buddy.
Nervous laughter on your part. You know I am right.

You do not havde the foggiest idea what you are talking about. Removingb the profit motive from healthcare absolutely limits the amount of healthcare available.
I have nothing further to discuss with someone who denies reality. Healthcare exists in countries other than America, sorry.

The only healthcare rationing that goes on in the US is the availability of organs for transplant.. That's it. Nothing else is rationed by the government.
So what? Rationed care is rationed care. It doesn't matter who is doing the rationing. We ration healthcare in America. If you were denied care due to inability to pay, would you really just be fine with it because it was some hospital bureaucrat instead of a government bureaucrat? LOL!

More Americans have difficulty accessing healthcare than in any other first world nation.

I have nothing further to discuss with someone who denies reality. Healthcare exists in countries other than America, sorry.
I accept your surrender. Ofcourse healcare exists in countries other then America. I never suggested it did not. However when you take away the profit motive, how many new hospitals or medical clinics are going to be opened? How much high tech medical equipment will be purchased? Clearly not nearly as much. That's why for instance in the UK, there are waiting lists for pretty much all bu the routine health issues.
So what? Rationed care is rationed care. It doesn't matter who is doing the rationing. We ration healthcare in America. If you were denied care due to inability to pay, would you really just be fine with it because it was some hospital bureaucrat instead of a government bureaucrat? LOL!
Ahhh...the healthcare is rationed everywhere because it has to be paid for nonsense argument. Basically what you are suggesting is that all commerce on the planet is rationed because it's not free.You don't seem to want to have a coherent understanding of what rationing is. Let me give you some examples. In the 1970s during the Arab oil embargoes, gasoline was rationed in the US. We were restricted to filling up at the pumps every other day. At the same time Germany, where I was stationed outlaws all but necessary driving on Sundays. During WW2, mant common staples like Sugar, flour, etc were rationed. Government rationing occurs when there is a shortage of goods or services. There is no shortage of available healthcare in the US. With the profit motive still intact, healthcare is very much availble. Nobody has to go on a waiting list unless they need an organ transplant. Is healthcare in the US prohibitively expensive? Yes! However it's not rationed.

I accept your surrender. Ofcourse healcare exists in countries other then America. I never suggested it did not. However when you take away the profit motive, how many new hospitals or medical clinics are going to be opened? How much high tech medical equipment will be purchased? Clearly not nearly as much. That's why for instance in the UK, there are waiting lists for pretty much all bu the routine health issues.
Do you think America has the shortest waiting times in the entire world?

Have you not noticed that when right wing media throws out stats about wait times, it's always the UK or Canada?

Do you think America has the shortest waiting times in the entire world?
Other then for organ transplants, the US does not have built in waiting times. If there is a wait, it just means the doctors appointment schedule is full. Never been a problem for me and I am 69.
Have you not noticed that when right wing media throws out stats about wait times, it's always the UK or Canada?
Because the UK and Canadiam systems are the closest to what the idiotic left wants to impose on the US.

Other then for organ transplants, the US does not have built in waiting times. If there is a wait, it just means the doctors appointment schedule is full. Never been a problem for me and I am 69.
...do you think Canada makes people wait just for shits and giggles? The delays are for the same reasons. Availability of doctors or operating rooms or equipment.

What the hell is a "built in" waiting time?

...do you think Canada makes people wait just for shits and giggles? The delays are for the same reasons. Availability of doctors or operating rooms or equipment.
I suppose you will never get it. Both the UK and Canada can only afford to provide so-called free at the point of service healthcare by limiting how much they provide. That's where rationing comes in. When you eliminate the profit motive in healthcare, it is government bean counters who decide how many doctors and nurses will be funded, how many clinics or hospitals will be built or funded, and how much high tech diagnostic equipment such as MRIs, will be purchased. When there is no profit motive there is less funded and provided. It's that simple. If there is a profit motive, much more is funded and provided.In my locale, there are at 5 MRI machines within 10 miles of my house. If the US were stupid enough to go to a Medicare for all system of healthcare, the end result would be less doctors, nurses, clinics, hospitals, etc, as there would be no private investment in them. Rationing would follow. Libruls are just living in a fantasy world in their own heads.

I suppose you will never get it. Both the UK and Canada can only afford to provide so-called free at the point of service healthcare by limiting how much they provide. That's where rationing comes in. When you eliminate the profit motive in healthcare, it is government bean counters who decide how many doctors and nurses will be funded, how many clinics or hospitals will be built or funded, and how much high tech diagnostic equipment such as MRIs, will be purchased. When there is no profit motive there is less funded and provided. It's that simple. If there is a profit motive, much more is funded and provided.In my locale, there are at 5 MRI machines within 10 miles of my house. If the US were stupid enough to go to a Medicare for all system of healthcare, the end result would be less doctors, nurses, clinics, hospitals, etc, as there would be no private investment in them. Rationing would follow. Libruls are just living in a fantasy world in their own heads.
Again, this claim is disproven because our waiting times are not the shortest in the world.

Other countries lack that profit motivation and have shorter wait times than we do. That's why you insist on talking about the UK and Canada only. You aren't talking about Japan or Finland or Australia or Germany. Notice that?

Again, this claim is disproven because our waiting times are not the shortest in the world.
Compared to the nations with healthcare systems closest to the moronic "medicare for all" sytem that the left in the US is attempting to push, we do have the shortest waiting times.
Other countries lack that profit motivation and have shorter wait times than we do. That's why you insist on talking about the UK and Canada only. You aren't talking about Japan or Finland or Australia or Germany. Notice that?
See the above. Fir the sake of this argument, I only care about the systems that closely match the moronic system that libruls want to inflict on the US. Deep down, you seem embarrased by the systems in the UK and Canada.

Back to the topic and facts .......

Now we're talking smart use of tax dollars ......... YES WE CERTANLY ARE!!!!!

10 Reasons Americans Need Single Payer
  • Patients and doctors make health care decisions. You choose your doctor. ...
  • Everybody in. Single payer covers all of us. ...
  • Never lose coverage again. ...
  • Stop waste. ...
  • Stabilize costs. ...
  • Stop medical bankruptcy. ...
  • End financial rationing. ...
  • Businesses can focus on their core mission.

Why We Need Single Payer | Health Care for All - California

Health Care for All - California
https://healthcareforall.org › single-payer › why

Top 10 Reasons For Enacting a Single Payer Healthcare ...

National Nurses United
https://www.nationalnursesunited.org › top-10-reasons...

Sep 20, 2017 — Everybody in,nobody out. · Portability. · Uniform benefits. · Prevention. · Choice of physician. · Ending insurance industry interference with care.

Additional facts to ponder:

In the first place spending MY tax dollars to cover MY health insurance gets two thumbs up damn right.....
it is time to bury the scamming health insurance industry.

In the second place when 100's of millions of humans are under one policy obviously the cost drops significantly .

In the third place when we eliminate obscenely paid CEO's and their golden parachutes and commissions which eat away at health care dollars this of course reduces the cost and is NOT SMART USE OF HEALTH CARE DOLLARS.

In the fourth place eliminating elected officials with health care/insurance in their portfolios also eliminates tons of misinformation about Single Payer. The insurance industry is a reliable source of misinformation regarding single payer.

In the fifth place allowing tax dollars to cover our medical insurance is excellent use of tax dollars whereas subsidizing wealthy corporations and tax breaks for the wealthy IS NOT excellent use of our tax dollars

In the sixth place this eliminates the UNDER-INSURED scam that fuels bankruptcy cases galore

In the seventh place every body remains covered no matter what .....yes if one loses a job, moves to another job, has a heart attack, struck with cancer, has a stroke, in a terrible car accident single payer insurance is there 24/7.

In the eighth place misinformation from the corrupt industry is to be expected = they are a provider of big time dollars to campaign cookie jars = reckless use of health care dollars. Of course the insurance industry will want to scare the hell out of everyone no matter that this industry screws people every day.

Back to the topic and facts .......

• Stop waste. ...
  • Stabilize costs. ...

National Nurses United

Sep 20, 2017 — Everybody in,nobody out. · Portability. · Uniform benefits. · Prevention. · Choice of physician. · Ending insurance industry interference with care.
1. Well since there will be few choices...sure. you will just have to wait for that specialty..or travel a long way to a regional facility.

2. Well except the rich who get the best care.
3. Nope..still waste.
4. Nope medical bankruptcy continues
5. Financial rationing goes into over drive.

There is no free lunch here

I have never understood single payer. I am so confused.

I have read the horror stories from Canada and England.

Supposedly, in England people have to wait months for certain kinds of care.

I have Medicare and a good PPO plan.

I hear stories about Americans who have to pay thousands for certain medical procedures.

I know that Americans have to pay out of pocket for caregivers who come to assist bed-ridden patients.

This is 2023. This is a fabulously wealthy country.

Why can't we have a system in which anyone can get the medical assistance that s/he needs without having to worry about paying for it?

I understand this is how it was in England when the Labour Party started it. And I have read that it is still wildly popular. But it simply cannot keep up with the cost.

I do not understand economics, either.

It is all so confusing.

In England, Insulin is free to diabetics. (as in not even a prescription charge)

Fwq4JeDaEAEnbqH

Link please..because those numbers do not seem correct.

Just a google away, if you were so inclined. It's seemingly a commonplace in the US.

Just a google away, if you were so inclined. It's seemingly a commonplace in the US.

It's not commonplace especially after obamacare. The article didn't explain his insurance options be abuse he should have qualified for premium assistance.
I have plenty of patients in the same situation as alec..and they have insurance.

Why shouldn't OUR TAX DOLLARS pay for our Single Payer Health Insurance BECAUSE it removes the insurance industry from deciding what
level of health care is chosen BASED ON how much insurance WE THE PEOPLE can afford to pay for.

• Stop waste. ...
  • Stabilize costs. ...

National Nurses United

Why shouldn't OUR TAX DOLLARS pay for our Single Payer Health Insurance BECAUSE it removes the insurance industry from deciding what
level of health care is chosen BASED ON how much insurance WE THE PEOPLE can afford to pay for.

In the first place spending MY tax dollars to cover MY health insurance gets two thumbs up damn right.....

In the second place when 100's of millions of humans are under one policy obviously the cost drops significantly .

In the third place when we eliminate obscenely paid CEO's and their golden parachutes and commissions which eat away at health care dollars this of course reduces the cost and is NOT SMART USE OF HEALTH CARE DOLLARS.

In the fourth place eliminating elected officials with health care/insurance in their portfolios also eliminates tons of misinformation about Single Payer. The insurance industry is a reliable source of misinformation regarding single payer.

In the fifth place allowing tax dollars to cover our medical insurance is excellent use of tax dollars whereas subsidizing wealthy corporations and tax breaks for the wealthy IS NOT excellent use of our tax dollars

In the sixth place this eliminates the UNDER-INSURED scam that fuels bankruptcy cases galore

In the seventh place every body remains covered no matter what .....yes if one loses a job, moves to another job, has a heart attack, struck with cancer, has a stroke, in a terrible car accident single payer insurance is there 24/7.

In the eighth place misinformation from the corrupt industry is to be expected = they are a provider of big time dollars to campaign cookie jars = reckless use of health care dollars. Of course the insurance industry will want to scare the hell out of everyone no matter that this industry screws people every day.

Single Payer won't bury the health insurance industry. It will make it more profit.

• Stop waste. ...
  • Stabilize costs. ...

National Nurses United

= NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN !!!!!!

Not until MAGA is dead, that is for sure.

Dark forces have always risen. It falls on the shoulders of the good to prevent its infestation.

Back
Top Bottom