• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ex-KKK leader David Duke says he plans to run for US Senate

OK, I'll play your silly little game.

ROBERT BYRD WAS A LOW LIFE SCUMSACK RACIST WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE GUTS TO HOLD ON TO HIS RACIST PRINCIPLES IN THE FACE OF SOCIO/POLITICAL CHANGE.

Don't be an idiot and ask me to prove it. I'll just ask you to prove me wrong.

Now, can we get back to David Duke. Say, you don't have the address of his Campaign Headquarters, do you? I want to make a contribution.

People like to say that a tiger cannot change its stripes - and that's probably your attitude concerning Byrd. But I myself made the change from strongly racist to strong defender of civil rights. If I could do that, then how could I possibly say that others couldn't?

But by your post above, it strongly appears that you preferred the Robert Byrd who was racist. You have much to learn about this world around you.

I wonder if Mr. Duke ever made it Trumps short list? LOL

Start a thread.

You are correct. I don't like it when people derail an active thread. It was not my intent to do it here. Mea culpa.

I will be more than happy to address/defend/debate the posts I made here if someone wants to start a thread, wherever, but with respect to this thread I'll stick to David Duke.

You are correct. I don't like it when people derail an active thread. It was not my intent to do it here. Mea culpa.

I will be more than happy to address/defend/debate the posts I made here if someone wants to start a thread, wherever, but with respect to this thread I'll stick to David Duke.

Nah, I was just dicking with him.

People like to say that a tiger cannot change its stripes - and that's probably your attitude concerning Byrd. But I myself made the change from strongly racist to strong defender of civil rights. If I could do that, then how could I possibly say that others couldn't?

But by your post above, it strongly appears that you preferred the Robert Byrd who was racist. You have much to learn about this world around you.

You might make a good missionary. Have you ever considered joining the Salvation Army? Now, please stop pestering me. Take it out on your dog.

Yeah, it does seem that you and I will never change the other's mind. But I will not accuse someone of lying unless I see proof that person's lying.
The thing is Glen, time and time again she's been legitimately caught lying, but many refuse to accept or acknowledge that she has. Why she deserves a free pass on this, as well as her relay constant and obvious conflict of interests is completely beyond me. I just don't 'get' it.

Does she lie more than Bush did? I don't think so.
I guess it really depends on the human trait of the Kantian-Rose colored spectacles through which everyone views the world around them.

Obama? He seems to have been pretty truthful, as far as presidents go (but he told a few of his own).
Keep your plan? Keep your doctor? Not one smidgen? Awe come on! (rose color glasses asserting themselves again).
. . . . (historic cases, although legitimate, were rather long)

But the point is, while we don't like people who lie, the fact that one lies doesn't mean that one would be a bad president. But one who lies so obviously, so disingenuously as Trump does...he couldn't hold a candle to any of the above, even Bush 43.

Again I call on the history of lies from Obama and Hillary. I'd also note that there's a difference between bombast, demagoguing, hyperbole and outright lying deceive (Obama) and lying to cover your own guilt or misdeeds (Hill & Bill).

Heck, concerning Dubya, as much of an epic disaster as his first term was, towards the end, he actually began standing up (and ignoring) Dick Cheney, and took the crucial first steps to keep the economy from completely melting down before the end of his second term. Bush 43 was not personally a bad guy...but I think he saw towards the end how he'd been used and abused by the Far Right for their own ends. And that's why he (and his dad) are not supporting the current GOP nominee one whit.

I guess what I'm getting to is that I do try to be objective about politicians in general and presidents in particular. Not a one of them was all bad, and none of them were all good; and that utter honesty was not a guarantee of a good or bad presidency. BUT each of them showed a level of character that I strongly, strongly doubt that a demagogue like Trump could ever hope to show. The guy has real issues...and I dare not trust him with the nuclear button. I live within two miles of a primary target of a nuclear strike - I can see the Navy's largest and most capable shipyard on the West Coast from where I live. If he were to pull the trigger, I and my family would die, and horribly so. I can't afford to trust the guy.

I think that perhaps you are imagining more than what's really there. One doesn't raise to the top levels of business leadership being someone as you fear Trump is. It takes a far more level headed and even tempered person to do so.

OK, I'll play your silly little game.

ROBERT BYRD WAS A LOW LIFE SCUMSACK RACIST WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE GUTS TO HOLD ON TO HIS RACIST PRINCIPLES IN THE FACE OF SOCIO/POLITICAL CHANGE.

Don't be an idiot and ask me to prove it. I'll just ask you to prove me wrong.

Now, can we get back to David Duke.
Say, you don't have the address of his Campaign Headquarters, do you? I want to make a contribution.

Check with Google.They'll help you get in touch with that racist bigot who won't get elected.

But now he's a republican because it fits his ideology better.

But now liberals see a racist behind every door , under every bed , in every closet ! :lamo

I'd say that this would be an instance of his getting his just deserts then.

Yea it's just wierd. I have family that told me when I was younger that I better not date any black girls when I started high school but they hate Duke. They don't mind having biases. They just don't want them to be public.

Maybe you should try the other head. You know, the one on top.

That's the one I tried, seeing as I couldn't locate the other. Will bring a microscope next time though!

That's the one I tried, seeing as I couldn't locate the other. Will bring a microscope next time though!

So you're first instinct is to go straight for my junk? It's ok. It's a natural urge. ;)

So you're first instinct is to go straight for my junk? It's ok. It's a natural urge. ;)

Yes, the smaller the surface area, the easier my readings are to do.

Yet, YOU are being even more RACIST and PREJUDICED than what you claim to despise.

How?

YOU lump ALL Trump supporters in one great big basket with the label RACIST on its side.

Really? Where?

Finding it hard to actually believe intelligent people with independent minds can have a different opinion than YOURS. Therefore YOU feel it is OK to insult them all.

Yes, I feel that it is OK to call Duke and Trump racists. Nothing wrong with calling people who support racism as being racists. Are racists insulted for being called racists? Who cares? Racists should be used to hearing it. Racism is a choice.

Keep driving that wedge....pound it in as hard as you can. Go get a bigger hammer if you need to. We ALL loose with every swing of that hammer.

A wedge between ... ?

Of course, YOU can justify 100% of your hatred and vile attitude all you want. This makes YOU a winner...right?

Vile attitude towards what?

Back
Top Bottom