• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evolution or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but science is also limited in its scope to natural explanation. It does not assert no supernatural deity because it has definitively proven there is none. It doesn’t explore that possibility because it cant. The Big Bang is a creation myth like any other. We just dress it up with mathematical formulas with true scientists keeping in mind that just because your equations say it’s possible doesn’t mean it’s true. “Dark matter” is currently the scientific equivalent of “God did it.”

That is true. Science does not deal in imaginary entities. It concerns itself with the natural world and uses evidence to uncover the mysteries therein. It does not asset that there are wood fairies or Bigfoot or Santa Claus either because those are also imaginary entities.
And the Big Bang is hardly a myth. Science works on evidence, and there is evidence galore for both the Big Bang and dark matter. Quite different from the lack of objective reality-based evidence for foresaid imaginary beings.

That is true. Science does not deal in imaginary entities. It concerns itself with the natural world and uses evidence to uncover the mysteries therein. It does not asset that there are wood fairies or Bigfoot or Santa Claus either because those are also imaginary entities.
And the Big Bang is hardly a myth. Science works on evidence, and there is evidence galore for both the Big Bang and dark matter. Quite different from the lack of objective reality-based evidence for foresaid imaginary beings.

What should have happened: Great Scott! Our physics are wrong on galactic scales so we need to go back to the drawing board and modify them like we’ve done every. single. time. we apply what we think we know to a higher scale and are proven wrong by observation.

What actually happened: We’re not wrong. It only looks that way because there is an invisible thing called god...er...dark matter floating around the universe than can never be directly observed or tested.

Last edited:
A god did it by magic. Yep, that makes sense.

You are still conflating. “Faith” in science is a result of EVIDENCE. Yes, I have faith that the sun will “rise” in the morning because the movements of the orbs in space are well known to scientists.
That is quite different from the faith that you practice which is based on nothing but,well,.....faith. No actual evidence at all.
Sorry, but wouldn't you assume the sun will rise tomrrow like it has the last x years of your life whether scientists know about the space or not? But then why do you think you will continue to be alive tomorrow? The scientists have no idea what creates life.

A god did it by magic. Yep, that makes sense.
A believer's explanation for life:in the scripture
The explanation for life by all scientists who ever lived or is living today:

Well.. Yes.

I hope you dont wonder why people consider the blindly religious willfully ignorant?

You sound like whatever religion it is that doesnt believe in modern medicine (science) and would allow their kids to die of disease or injury that can be cured...believing that prayer will save them.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Sorry, but wouldn't you assume the sun will rise tomrrow like it has the last x years of your life whether scientists know about the space or not? But then why do you think you will continue to be alive tomorrow? The scientists have no idea what creates life.

Sunrise and sunset are demonstrably provable...as you said, they've happened everyday forever. That is one type of scientific test (reproducible results). Then, we also know the movements of our moon and sun and understand their behavior in our solar system. Etc etc etc.

And while we 'think' we will be alive tomorrow, we have no idea if we really will be.

And yes, scientists have described how life was created. Did you go to high school in the US? Did you graduate? That would indicate you passed multiple science classes.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Sunrise and sunset are demonstrably provable...as you said, they've happened everyday forever. That is one type of scientific test (reproducible results). Then, we also know the movements of our moon and sun and understand their behavior in our solar system. Etc etc etc.

And while we 'think' we will be alive tomorrow, we have no idea if we really will be.

And yes, scientists have described how life was created. Did you go to high school in the US? Did you graduate? That would indicate you passed multiple science classes.

Answering the last two questions in your comment-- Sadly, in modern America one can attend a school which teaches creationism and fundamentalist Christianity, while denying the validity of the ToE and the benefits offered by other faiths.

Answering the last two questions in your comment-- Sadly, in modern America one can attend a school which teaches creationism and fundamentalist Christianity, while denying the validity of the ToE and the benefits offered by other faiths.

I thought that was finally against the law, altho I know states like Kansas kept trying to do it and brought court challenges.

It's completely ****ed up for such horrific ignorance to teach something like that as 'science.'

And I'm a practicing Christian.

Sorry, but wouldn't you assume the sun will rise tomrrow like it has the last x years of your life whether scientists know about the space or not? The scientists have no idea what creates life.

Not necessarily, regarding the sun rising. In matter of fact, there was a time when people thought that their God or gods were destroying the sun when an eclipse happens. But we now know scientifically what an eclipse is, so that fear is gone.
And if we think that the sun is "rising" just because there is a God, then what's to keep that God from not allowing it to "rise" tomorrow, by arbitrarily changing the "laws" of astronomy?
And you are a bit strong in your last sentence when you say they "have no idea". In fact, we have had a thread on that very subject wherein scientists are looking for the LUCA which all life on earth, both flora and fauna, have as its common start.
But no, scientists just don't throw up their hands and say "it must be God" who "created" life on Earth, they keep seeking the answer. That is the difference from religionists, who basically claim in an absolute sense that they know the answer: "God did it".

I don't necessarily believe that I will be alive tomorrow. I am 74 years old with COPD, so if I chance to catch the COVID, that's pretty much the end. That's the way life works. Unfortunately.

I thought that was finally against the law, altho I know states like Kansas kept trying to do it and brought court challenges.

It's completely ****ed up for such horrific ignorance to teach something like that as 'science.'

And I'm a practicing Christian.

Teaching creationism or "intelligent design" is illegal in American public schools but religious schools can teach whatever they wish. Many Christians accept the Theory of Evolution

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District (2005)

Edwards v. Aguillard, 482 U.S. 578 (1987)

Susan EPPERSON et al., Appellants, v. ARKANSAS (1968)

Teaching creationism or "intelligent design" is illegal in American public schools but religious schools can teach whatever they wish. Many Christians accept the Theory of Evolution

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District (2005)

Edwards v. Aguillard, 482 U.S. 578 (1987)

Susan EPPERSON et al., Appellants, v. ARKANSAS (1968)

Oh thank God! (pun intended)

And yeah, I knew that. If a person chooses to send their kid to a religious school, that's their 1A right. That's why it pisses me off when they try to force it on others **that dont believe the same as them**. They have no right forcing (or continuing to try) Creationism/ID into science in public schools. They dont seem to see that hypocrisy.

I don't necessarily believe that I will be alive tomorrow. I am 74 years old with COPD, so if I chance to catch the COVID, that's pretty much the end. That's the way life works. Unfortunately.

Please stay safe!

I'm talking about the life in living beings, such as animals and humans. Science has proven that a certain type of physiology in itself does not bring anything to life.

Please stay safe!

Thank you, Lursa. I am trying. But it severely limits me to just a few venues, like grocery shopping and my girlfriend's house. GO AWAY, COVID!

Oh thank God! (pun intended)

And yeah, I knew that. If a person chooses to send their kid to a religious school, that's their 1A right. That's why it pisses me off when they try to force it on others **that dont believe the same as them**. They have no right forcing (or continuing to try) Creationism/ID into science in public schools. They dont seem to see that hypocrisy.
How about teaching evolution theory as though it was a fact — hypocritical? How about teaching that it's healthy to masturbate and to have sex with a partner of the same sex? You push your beliefs at others just the same! You're just too arrogant to even notice that they are your beliefs and not "ultimate truths".

I'm talking about the life in living beings, such as animals and humans.

Humans are animals.

What other kind of life is there? Are you disregarding plants?

Science has proven that a certain type of physiology in itself does not bring anything to life.

I dont understand this sentence. Please explain it. How can anything that has 'physiology' not be alive?

How about teaching evolution theory as though it was a fact — hypocritical? How about teaching that it's healthy to masturbate and to have sex with a partner of the same sex? You push your beliefs at others just the same! You're just too arrogant to even notice that they are your beliefs and not "ultimate truths".

Evolution is fact.

And what is unhealthy about masturbating and having sex with someone of the same sex? If they practice safe sex is no unhealthier than straight sex, where they should also always practice safe sex.

Those arent beliefs, one is a natural act and the other acting naturally according to the way someone is born.

Evolution is a scientific fact supported by scientific theories. That is a fact. Biological evolutionist Stephen Jay Gould confirms that.

lol...don't forget, you are speaking to a practicing Christian...;)

I believe that argument was settled.with you religious fanatics July 21, 1925

Evolution is a fact

I wouldn't teach it.but.i really think masturbation is pretty common and I never heard of anyone dying from it

We may find it abhorrent but same sex and even bestiality doesn't seem to cause lasting physical damage

lol...don't forget, you are speaking to a practicing Christian...;)

My lucidity in recognizing facts from beliefs and made up crap to 'fake' science has no affect on my belief in God on 'faith' alone, "as He commanded."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom