• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Evolution or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evolution is a sham? It's BS?

How's this edit read to you?

Most advocates for creation that I've run into, know absolutely nothing about the many huge problems faced by the "theory" they always dwell on the stuff that reinforces their beliefs, they place a huge amount of trust too in authority.

Holds water too doesn't it?
What if both boats have holes at the bottom, but the rejecters of God are entirely unaware that theirs is sinking, while the Creationists are ready and happy to sink and drown? The ignorant ones haven't been showing much signs of waking up to their situation until it's too late...

I suggest you take your Bible as an allegory, not real events. That is what the enlightened do. It is pointless to pit science against an ancient compendium of folk tales and and other stories stolen from earlier religions. Just stick to God creating the "big bang" and leave the rest to science.

God was behind Big Bang, universe no accident: Pope - Reuters

Those religious folks draw that Bible like a gun

All the Bible is is a collection of writings done long ago by people. No God involved. Fact is the writers of the Bible probably are the ones who invented God.

Nothing you quote out of that book is proof of anything

You said that trust required faith. Nowhere in the definition that you offered does it use the word "faith". Psychological projection as regards the word "dishonest".

do i have to spell everything out for you?

irm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
"relations have to be built on trust"
Similar:
confidence
belief
faith

What if both boats have holes at the bottom, but the rejecters of God are entirely unaware that theirs is sinking, while the Creationists are ready and happy to sink and drown? The ignorant ones haven't been showing much signs of waking up to their situation until it's too late...

That last sentence sounds like you are claiming that the atheists will suffer eternal damnation. That’s always the last resort of the religionists when they are losing a debate.

do i have to spell everything out for you?

irm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
"relations have to be built on trust"
Similar:
confidence
belief
faith

You are still conflating. “Faith” in science is a result of EVIDENCE. Yes, I have faith that the sun will “rise” in the morning because the movements of the orbs in space are well known to scientists.
That is quite different from the faith that you practice which is based on nothing but,well,.....faith. No actual evidence at all.

You are still conflating. “Faith” in science is a result of EVIDENCE. Yes, I have faith that the sun will “rise” in the morning because the movements of the orbs in space are well known to scientists.
That is quite different from the faith that you practice which is based on nothing but,well,.....faith. No actual evidence at all.

No, you are lying, when it's right there in black and white...trust is trust, faith is faith and they are very similar...

No, you are lying, when it's right there in black and white...trust is trust, faith is faith and they are very similar...

You did not even address the very real distinction that I posted. I imagine that debate is very easy when your standard is to simply overlook important information rather than actually read and think about newer it.
Post a complete definition of faith, including all the the sub-definitions and I will show you.

Faith based on evidence versus faith based on no evidence. How is that not different?

Faith based on evidence versus faith based on no evidence. How is that not different?

My faith is based on evidence...

There can be no evidence of a supernatural being. Our senses only run to five (or six) and all of them natural. We are natural. We operate withing nature and have nothing with which to contact a supernatural thing.

What evidence?

My own personal experiences over the years that I hold precious...the answering of prayer on more than one occasion, when I've felt Jehovah’s personal care...those things are proof that Jehovah is interested in me personally, and no one can take that conviction away from me...

That last sentence sounds like you are claiming that the atheists will suffer eternal damnation. That’s always the last resort of the religionists when they are losing a debate.

That technique is the logical fallacy known as 'the argument from consequences'

Not really. I’m talking objective reality-based evidence like is used in science. Evidence that anyone can see and check out. None of the theists her have been able to offer any that is not the double-talk that you always do.

Not really. I’m talking objective reality-based evidence like is used in science. Evidence that anyone can see and check out. None of the theists her have been able to offer any that is not the double-talk that you always do.

Wrong...and I don't lie...

My own personal experiences over the years that I hold precious...the answering of prayer on more than one occasion, when I've felt Jehovah’s personal care...those things are proof that Jehovah is interested in me personally, and no one can take that conviction away from me...

That’s fine. You have faith. That is quite different from the UNDERSTANDING that is the basis is science, not faith.

Evolution is one thing and it is not really a tool to disprove creationism per se. The missing piece in all of this is a scientific explanation for abiogenesis. We don’t have one yet.

Evolution is one thing and it is not really a tool to disprove creationism per se. The missing piece in all of this is a scientific explanation for abiogenesis. We don’t have one yet.

And scientists are continuing to search. They don’t just throw up their hands and say “God did it”.

You have your faith and I have mine...in Jehovah God...glad to see you admit science requires. trust/faith...

Oh goody! Word Games! How fun!

Can I play, pretty please?

Last edited:
So in your story...the Creationists are the smart ones? :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

And scientists are continuing to search. They don’t just throw up their hands and say “God did it”.

Yes, but science is also limited in its scope to natural explanation. It does not assert no supernatural deity because it has definitively proven there is none. It doesn’t explore that possibility because it cant. The Big Bang is a creation myth like any other. We just dress it up with mathematical formulas with true scientists keeping in mind that just because your equations say it’s possible doesn’t mean it’s true. “Dark matter” is currently the scientific equivalent of “God did it.”

Last edited:
Evolution gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom