• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even when I was an atheist, I was still pro-life.

Do you follow the Bible exactly? Do you refuse to eat pork, shell fish etc and wear clothing that is not of mixed fabric?

It would be nice if you believed ANYTHING in the bible, particularly the things Jesus explicitly stated. But you atheists don't.

Why didnt you answer her question?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Why don't you answer her question? Do you follow the bible exactly? Do you follow it at all?

You first. Why wont you answer her?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

You first. Why wont you answer her?

Yes, why won't you answer her? You do know you are EXACTLY the person referred to in the Jude passage:

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

You don’t believe God’s word as explicitly stated in the Bible. Your views are identical to atheists
Do you follow the Bible exactly? Do you refuse to eat pork, shell fish etc and wear clothing that is not of mixed fabric?
Added for reference^^

Yes, why won't you answer her? You do know you are EXACTLY the person referred to in the Jude passage:

Is yes your answer? It's hard to tell, you added it to another question.

Last edited:
Prove the translation is murder.

the Bible says nothing about abortion. And the actual Hebrew translation is murder not kill.

The Sixth Commandment - "Thou Shalt Not Kill" - Guidelines Devotional

“Thou shalt not kill” vs. “Thou shalt not murder” | Andrew Holt, Ph.D.

Thou shalt not kill - Wikipedia

The commandment that 'Thou shalt not kill' refers to murder - Chicago Tribune

What does Thou Shall Not Kill mean?

So abortion is not murder and killing according to the English King James version means murder and it also has nothing to do with abortion. Catholics have made abortion a sin since the 1st Century AD. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments_in_Catholic_theology However............. it appears that if good Catholic women confess their sin, do some sort of penance, they are not only forgiven they have had their abortion, too. It's a bit like re-virginification ceremonies in the evangelical church. The honesty of that little ploy seems a bit doubtful. But hey, it's not my hypocrisy to deal with.

Last edited:
Does the baby get a choice? When it does, THEN you can talk about choice.

Maybe when it is capable of making and articulating a choice - but probably not, since it's MY body it would be inhabiting and putting at risk.

He won't answer because he knows I have him nailed to the wall on hypocrisy.

Certainly looks like it.

It would be nice if you believed ANYTHING in the bible, particularly the things Jesus explicitly stated. But you atheists don't.

I believe in 2 Thessalonians 3:11-13

"We hear that some of you are living in idleness. You are not busy working —you are busy interfering in other people’s lives! We order and encourage such people by the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, to do their work quietly and to earn their own living. Brothers, do not get tired of doing what is right."

This old canard already been answered repeatedly.

You're referring to old ceremonial Jewish customs that have no application today. I'm referring to broad New Testament Jesus-led moral imperatives about human moral conduct. It's not surprising atheists would try to draw a comparison. Lursa is denying the direct explicit words of Jesus Christ and New Testament bible verses, and substituting her own permissibe brand of immorality that was warned about in the New Testament:

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

You're referring to old ceremonial Jewish customs that have no application today. I'm referring to broad New Testament Jesus-led moral imperatives about human moral conduct. It's not surprising atheists would try to draw a comparison. Lursa is denying the direct explicit words of Jesus Christ and New Testament bible verses, and substituting her own permissibe brand of immorality that was warned about in the New Testament:

So you lied when you said that people should never deviate from the words in the Bible. You are doing the same thing you accuse me of, choosing the parts of the Bible 'you want to follow.' It's pure hypocrisy. You demand over and over that we should accept the word of the Bible 100% and literally...and yet you post that crap excuse?

You wrote it yourself: "customs that have no application today" Well neither to men of the times' issues with sex before marriage and homosexualty.

Thank you. I will keep this handy in my OneNote...you have shown that Catholic teachings for centuries have promoted their OWN agenda over God's Word. (which is what I've been writing.)

So, you do not follow the entire Bible in your life, but you expect others to. Got it.

Stop lying about Lursa. She is not atheist, she is Christian. Jesus weeps at your lies.

So, you do not follow the entire Bible in your life, but you expect others to. Got it.

Stop lying about Lursa. She is not atheist, she is Christian. Jesus weeps at your lies.

I'm not Jewish, whom the passages you cited were written for. lol. The explicit direct New Testament scriptures Lursa and you deny were spoken by Jesus and the saints on key moral issues.

Last edited:
Respect unborn lives’ rights.

Still waiting for the answer to this basic question on the issue.

What (moral or legal) authority says that the unborn have rights? Or at least, what authority that Americans are obligated to follow?​

Or have you abandoned the several threads you created on abortion? I didnt see you make a successful argument.

I'm not Jewish, whom the passages you cited were written for. lol. The explicit direct New Testament scriptures Lursa and you deny were spoken by Jesus and the saints on key moral issues.

So? You are choosing to decide they dont apply to you, even tho they are clearly stated in the Bible. You choose to disobey things that no longer have any relevance today.

Neither do homosexuality or sex outside marriage. Nothing immoral there, they do not break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love.

Ya got nuthin' but a whole big bucketful of hypocrisy and dishonesty. Whew! Again, you should really reconsider the continual intentional sinning.

So? You are choosing to decide they dont apply to you, even tho they are clearly stated in the Bible. You choose to disobey things that no longer have any relevance today.

Neither do homosexuality or sex outside marriage. Nothing immoral there, they do not break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love.

Ya got nuthin' but a whole big bucketful of hypocrisy and dishonesty. Whew! Again, you should really reconsider the continual intentional sinning.

No. Jewish customs don't apply to me. I'm not Jewish. Whereas Jesus and other New Testament voices explicitly condemned fornication and homosexual acts for all, not just Jews.

Last edited:
No. Jewish customs don't apply to me. I'm not Jewish. Whereas Jesus and other New Testament voices explicitly condemned fornication and homosexual acts for all, not just Jews.

This bible passage refers to YOU.

Sorry, it was His commands to the people. When did He say Christians didnt have to follow that? You know, after Christ's Coming?

Nope, you fail again...and that scripture ALSO refers to you :mrgreen:

This is the truth:

You are choosing to decide they dont apply to you, even tho they are clearly stated in the Bible. You choose to disobey things that no longer have any relevance today.

Neither do homosexuality or sex outside marriage. Nothing immoral there, they do not break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love.​

I deny NOTHING in God's Word.

Sorry, it was His commands to the people. When did He say Christians didnt have to follow that? You know, after Christ's Coming?

Nope, you fail again...and that scripture ALSO applies to you :mrgreen:

This is the truth:

You are choosing to decide they dont apply to you, even tho they are clearly stated in the Bible. You choose to disobey things that no longer have any relevance today.

Neither do homosexuality or sex outside marriage. Nothing immoral there, they do not break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love.​

There weren't any Christians in the Old Testament. lol.

There weren't any Christians in the Old Testament. lol.

Yes, that's why I wrote this: "When did He say Christians didnt have to follow that? You know, after Christ's Coming?"

:doh

....... Do you follow the bible exactly? Do you follow it at all?

Nobody does, which makes a mockery of your insistence that women follow all the parts of the bible you have picked out for them.

So then, the passages in the OT regarding gays, adultery etc are for Jews and not Christians....

So then, the passages in the OT regarding gays, adultery etc are for Jews and not Christians....

Um, those aren't ceremonial items applicable only to Jews as not eating pork or whatever, like you cited the first time. Moral behavior is applicable to everyone. You girls are just flailing now, grasping for straws, and looking silly. You're trying to deny that basic morality is a law of God just because you feel like it, and you got busted on it. This debate is over.

Back
Top Bottom