• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even when I was an atheist, I was still pro-life.

Um, those aren't ceremonial items applicable only to Jews as not eating pork or whatever, like you cited the first time. Moral behavior is applicable to everyone. You girls are just flailing now, grasping for straws, and looking silly. You're trying to deny that basic morality is a law of God just because you feel like it, and you got busted on it. This debate is over.

And you are insisting that your morality picked and chosen because it appeals to you is the law of God. How is what you are choosing any different then someone else picking something different. If anyone has been 'busted' it's you. Picking, choosing and sanctimonious self righteous egoism is not what Christ had in mind in his gospel. And the Catholic Church's panoply of sumptuousness and collected wealth of art, music, sculpture, and ceremonial clothing is the most ridiculous interpretation of Jesus' call to humble living, concern for the poor and disgust at the accumulated wealth of the Temple.

I'm not Jewish, whom the passages you cited were written for. lol. The explicit direct New Testament scriptures Lursa and you deny were spoken by Jesus and the saints on key moral issues.

Another "Christian" who has never read Matthew 5:17.

Nobody does, which makes a mockery of your insistence that women follow all the parts of the bible you have picked out for them.

Exactly and his cult is worse about that than other Christian religions.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Um, those aren't ceremonial items applicable only to Jews as not eating pork or whatever, like you cited the first time. Moral behavior is applicable to everyone. You girls are just flailing now, grasping for straws, and looking silly. You're trying to deny that basic morality is a law of God just because you feel like it, and you got busted on it. This debate is over.

Please cite the scriptures where God made the distinction...not the stuff about health and safety and ceremony, just stuff where you get to judge other people having sex?

What's immoral about being gay? Or having sex outside of marriage? Neither of those breaks God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace. They dont not, nor does eating pork. They are no different....they fall well within God's Word, so are not sins...merely made up stuff by flawed men of the times.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

This old canard already been answered repeatedly.

You're referring to old ceremonial Jewish customs that have no application today. I'm referring to broad New Testament Jesus-led moral imperatives about human moral conduct. It's not surprising atheists would try to draw a comparison. Lursa is denying the direct explicit words of Jesus Christ and New Testament bible verses, and substituting her own permissibe brand of immorality that was warned about in the New Testament:

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

I think any Catholic is in a very poor position to sanctimoniously lecture others about ungodly people worming their way into churches.

Nah, you pick and choose which parts of the Bible to follow just like most Christians.

I have a friend who is a practicing Christian and she will not eat pork or shellfish because of the Bible saying not to.

Nah, you pick and choose which parts of the Bible to follow just like most Christians.

I have a friend who is a practicing Christian and she will not eat pork or shellfish because of the Bible saying not to.

I already explained the difference in post #162. Why do leftwing atheists make the same posts without reading?

"I have a friend who....." = debate loser's rebuttal

The body inside her body is not her body!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. And, it's hers to have removed if she decides it's a threat.

Abortions happen to women, not fetuses. You couldn't be more wrong.

I already explained the difference in post #162. Why do leftwing atheists make the same posts without reading?

Unlike conservative Christians very few of pro-choice people rely on personal stories to indicate the basic truths of their arguments. We have many studies, research projects, experts and science that can be quoted.

The occasional personal story gives interest in a pro-choice discussion not proof.

You posted an excuse...just like you accuse other Christians of doing.

Please cite the scriptures where God made the distinction...not the stuff about health and safety and ceremony, just stuff where you get to judge other people having sex?

You posted an excuse...just like you accuse other Christians of doing.

What do you care about scriptures? You repeatedly said you don't believe them.

The body inside her body is not her body!

Yes it is. And, it's hers to have removed if she decides it's a threat.

Abortions happen to women, not fetuses. You couldn't be more wrong.

This poster, the OP, has not returned to this or his other threads in this sub-forum in quite some time.

What do you care about scriptures? You repeatedly said you don't believe them.

I have learned many lessons from the stories in the Bible.

Now...where are the scriptures I asked for?

Yes, you were rationalizing your picking and choosing.

I have no idea why leftwing atheists do anything that they do, since I am not one of them.

You are the one losing the debate.

Yes, you were rationalizing your picking and choosing.

I have no idea why leftwing atheists do anything that they do, since I am not one of them.

It's all about 'removing the scales from his eyes' and realizing he's no different than any other Christian who he accuses of 'picking and choosing' what he wants to believe in the Bible. Otherwise he's just expressing the usual holier-than-thou hypocrisy.

You are the one losing the debate.

:golf

It's all about 'removing the scales from his eyes' and realizing he's no different than any other Christian who he accuses of 'picking and choosing' what he wants to believe in the Bible. Otherwise he's just expressing the usual holier-than-thou hypocrisy.

:golf

Again, I'm not Jewish, so old Jewish customs don't apply to me. The morality preached by Jesus Christ, however, is applicable to all, especially Christians, which you are obviously not.

"I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God's marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

You reject the bible passages on immorality, because you feel like doing whatever you want, without regard to Jesus' word. And as in the other thread, this is the last word on the subject. Any further response from you will be recognized by all as futile flailing.

Last edited:
I have learned many lessons from the stories in the Bible.

Now...where are the scriptures I asked for?

You don't believe the authors of the Bible are truthful. You said so yourself.

Again, I'm not Jewish, so old Jewish customs don't apply to me. The morality preached by Jesus Christ, however, is applicable to all, especially Christians, which you are obviously not.

You reject the bible passages on immorality, because you feel like doing whatever you want, without regard to Jesus' word. And as in the other thread, this is the last word on the subject. Any further response from you will be recognized by all as futile flailing.

So how long have priests been worming their way into positions where they though they could do what ever they felt like doing with little kids, without regard to their vows and claiming they were bringing God's marvelous grace to children. Any communication from you will be recognized by all as a miracle since you have chosen to pretend that it's all a bunch of liberal lies that they made up to smear the Church. Priests raping little kids didn't happen.

Sorry, the OT is the Bible and there are many things God said in the OT that you are still compelled to obey. But you have chosen some not to obey. For your stated, personal reasons.

Let's see the scriptures where God said you could make such distinctions?

You don't believe the authors of the Bible are truthful. You said so yourself.

I never wrote that about all of them. Dont lie AGAIN to try and get out of answering my question.

I said that some misinterpreted His Word, some intentionally, some mistakenly.

Now, please prove you are right and provide the scriptures where God said you could make such distinctions?

Again, I'm not Jewish, so old Jewish customs don't apply to me.

So how long have priests been worming their way into positions where they though they could do what ever they felt like doing with little kids, without regard to their vows and claiming they were bringing God's marvelous grace to children. Any communication from you will be recognized by all as a miracle since you have chosen to pretend that it's all a bunch of liberal lies that they made up to smear the Church. Priests raping little kids didn't happen.

Is lying about others immoral?

Abby Johnson is not a liar. You just don’t like her because she doesn’t go with your agenda. As for “ every child a wanted child”, well there’s adoption. And adoption should be free.

Abby Johnson is a liar.

There is adoption, but no woman is obligated to endure pregnancy/childbirth just to hand over a child to someone else. There are expenses involved with adoption so it's unlikely they will ever be free.

You obviously haven’t read the Constitution if you think provisions for abortion are in there. Please point out the area where the Constitution says that, ...and provide a link with a website we’ll talk.

In the United States we have a Constitutional right to personal autonomy .

Constitutional rights
The right to privacy often means the right to personal autonomy, or the right to choose whether or not to engage in certain acts or have certain experiences. Several amendments to the U.S. Constitution have been used in varying degrees of success in determining a right to personal autonomy:

• The First Amendment protects the privacy of beliefs
  • The Third Amendment protects the privacy of the home against the use of it for housing soldiers
  • The Fourth Amendment protects privacy against unreasonable searches
  • The Fifth Amendment protects against self-incrimination, which in turn protects the privacy of personal information
  • The Ninth Amendment says that the "enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights retained by the people." This has been interpreted as justification for broadly reading the Bill of Rights to protect privacy in ways not specifically provided in the first eight amendments.
The right to privacy is most often cited in the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment, which states:

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
[/B]
However, the protections have been narrowly defined and usually only pertain to family, marriage, motherhood, procreation and child rearing.

Back
Top Bottom