• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Even Liberal Oregonians Are Sick Of The Left's Cancellation Of Democracy

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
When will the left stop taking people's rights away? When will it ever end, or will it be "permanent"?

When will the left stop taking people's rights away? When will it ever end, or will it be "permanent"?

you shouldn't watch so much Fox News, which is where your talking point sounds like it comes from.

Opponents also are upset government officials won’t say how low Oregon's COVID-19 case numbers must go, or how many people would have to be vaccinated, to get the requirements lifted in a state that’s already had some of the nation’s strictest safety measures.

“When will masks be unnecessary? What scientific studies do these mandates rely on, particularly now that the vaccine is days away from being available to everyone?” said state Sen. Kim Thatcher, a Republican from Keizer, near the state’s capital. “Businesses have had to play ‘mask cop’ for the better part of a year now. They deserve some certainty on when they will no longer be threatened with fines.”​

This is the same question Jordan asked Fauci...and these people are given the same non-answer Fauci gave.

When are Oregonians due to tear down those plywood window protections? I hear the riots aren't so bad now. My sister lives in Idaho and I was wondering if it's safe to fly into Portland or Seattle now.

you shouldn't watch so much Fox News, which is where your talking point sounds like it comes from.
I don't watch Fox News. That is the left's go to response every time they don't like someone else's point. By the way, the link I posted is not from Fox News, nor any other righty media. In fact, Yahoo is own by the lefty media's ABC News.

Oregonians are waking up, finally. Others of us saw this shit coming a mile away.
Why do you think Biden's wearing 2 masks to each a hamburger with the Japanese PM?

If you're vaccinated, act like it.

Opponents also are upset government officials won’t say how low Oregon's COVID-19 case numbers must go, or how many people would have to be vaccinated, to get the requirements lifted in a state that’s already had some of the nation’s strictest safety measures.​
“When will masks be unnecessary? What scientific studies do these mandates rely on, particularly now that the vaccine is days away from being available to everyone?” said state Sen. Kim Thatcher, a Republican from Keizer, near the state’s capital. “Businesses have had to play ‘mask cop’ for the better part of a year now. They deserve some certainty on when they will no longer be threatened with fines.”​

This is the same question Jordan asked Fauci...and these people are given the same non-answer Fauci gave.
Fauci hasn't given an edict or answer based in science, and purely science. He's a overpaid government worker executing the will of the administration he serves.

Not many arer upset. For the most part, people know the right thing to do. You can't please everybody.

I'm vaccinated and went into a bar last night and had to wear a mask. The numbers are going up in my state and county so Im only too happy to do it as an extra margin of safety and not freak out others. Its fine. Just glad to be able to get out.

The same people who spent the beginning of the pandemic telling us this was less dangerous than the flu. The same who resisted any form of shutdown and told the elderly and infirm they should sacrifice their lives in the name of capitalism. The people who refused to wear masks and stop holding super spreader events. The folks who are now refusing to get the vaccine. The idiots who have done everything humanly possible to ensure more people get sick, die, and this pandemic rages on longer.

Here is my message to them.

Shut the **** up.

Opponents also are upset government officials won’t say how low Oregon's COVID-19 case numbers must go, or how many people would have to be vaccinated, to get the requirements lifted in a state that’s already had some of the nation’s strictest safety measures.​

(CNN)As health experts worry about a Covid-19 resurgence, an influential forecasting team said the country did not make significant progress against the virus this week. And it warned about Americans taking fewer safety precautions.
The forecast provided Friday by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington is nearly the same as last week's: in the most likely scenario, 58,000 more people will die of the virus by August 1, forecasters said.

The US has been in a race to vaccinate Americans before more transmissible variants can send numbers to overwhelming levels once more.
But as those doses are making their way into arms, distancing and mask-wearing still play an important role in the fight against the coronavirus.
"If universal mask coverage (95%) were attained in the next week, our model projects 13,000 fewer cumulative deaths," the IHME researchers said.
But the model instead foresees people dropping mask use. "The trend toward mandate easing continues, and it appears quite possible there will be a huge behavioral rebound," it said.
Under a worst-case scenario, 679,000 people will have died by August 1 if more people stop wearing masks and start moving around and gathering more, according to the model.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/17/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
This the the "answer" you did not want to hear. The death cult marches on.

When are Oregonians due to tear down those plywood window protections? I hear the riots aren't so bad now. My sister lives in Idaho and I was wondering if it's safe to fly into Portland or Seattle now.
Last night...

(CNN)As health experts worry about a Covid-19 resurgence, an influential forecasting team said the country did not make significant progress against the virus this week. And it warned about Americans taking fewer safety precautions.
The forecast provided Friday by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington is nearly the same as last week's: in the most likely scenario, 58,000 more people will die of the virus by August 1, forecasters said.

The US has been in a race to vaccinate Americans before more transmissible variants can send numbers to overwhelming levels once more.
But as those doses are making their way into arms, distancing and mask-wearing still play an important role in the fight against the coronavirus.
"If universal mask coverage (95%) were attained in the next week, our model projects 13,000 fewer cumulative deaths," the IHME researchers said.
But the model instead foresees people dropping mask use. "The trend toward mandate easing continues, and it appears quite possible there will be a huge behavioral rebound," it said.
Under a worst-case scenario, 679,000 people will have died by August 1 if more people stop wearing masks and start moving around and gathering more, according to the model.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/17/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html
This the the "answer" you did not want to hear. The death cult marches on.
yawn...

CNN propaganda.

No thanks. You can go ahead and believe their bullshit. I'll pass.

Virtue signalling is not an aegis against the mob.

yawn...

CNN propaganda.

No thanks. You can go ahead and believe their bullshit. I'll pass.
Yes as a card carrying member of the death cult you would say that. I don't share your fascination with killing the innocent.

This article straight up ****ing lies in its headline and immediately admits to the lie.

I take it you didn't read that far. Three paragraphs is just too much.

I don't watch Fox News. That is the left's go to response every time they don't like someone else's point. By the way, the link I posted is not from Fox News, nor any other righty media. In fact, Yahoo is own by the lefty media's ABC News.
They still lied like Fox News.

If you don't like your links being criticized, ****ing post better links.

edit: Oh, and if it's not too much to ask you could try reading them too.

Yes as a card carrying member of the death cult you would say that. I don't share your fascination with killing the innocent.
You cannot deny that CNN is nothing more than a propaganda machine after one of their own allowed himself to be recorded in living color and sound admitting what they do...especially regarding COVID.

(Oh...wait...you certainly CAN deny all this...by keeping your head in the sand.)

Back
Top Bottom