• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European Football Ultras Fans. Passion over reason.

Alright, well I guess I am making progress. I look forward to when you let me know I am officially ok and back to reality. (y)

Getting you to use words had to be dragged out of you. I don't know that you were ever in reality you could get back to. I can't imagine the tedious, long, drawn-out process it would take to get you there.

I think they've finally got a handle on it in England.

Yes and no.

Ultras still exist. It is only a week ago, that Millwall ultras got into a fight with Birmingham fans.

Clubs have banned ultras from stadiums, so the Ultras have changed tactics. They act all nice and friendly in stadiums and even around stadiums, but a bit further out the problems happen. Millwall ultras had a bust up with Birmingham ultras just last week.

But lets be clear here, most old timer ultra hooligan groups are gone, but a few clubs like Millwall still retain aspects.

The problem England has now days, is with their fans in general when they go watch England games. We saw the ugly face of English fans during the Euros 2020, where on hallowed home grounds, they went nuts in a drunken violence spree.. before and after the game.

Europeans have for years known of the problem of the drunken English fan/tourists and the Euro 2020 showed the world, that it also happens at home.

CBS is broadcasting LFC-Villarreal @ 1500 today, they must not have been able to squirrel it away behind a paywall.

I just remembered 2 more clubs that are left-wing. I have been to both of their games, in the 1990s when they played a Bucharest team.

Aja (Netherlands)
Ajax is not left wing, even the country is not left wing. It may be liberal in majority but 2 of the liberal parties are right wing and 2 are left wing.

Ajax is not left wing, even the country is not left wing. It may be liberal in majority but 2 of the liberal parties are right wing and 2 are left wing.
Ajax is not left wing, Feyenoord is not right wing. They meet and go to church every matchday.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Ajax is not left wing, Feyenoord is not right wing. They meet and go to church every matchday.:D:D:D

You are right, Ajax is not right wing, Feyenoord does have some right wing asswipes in their fans but they will never meet without hmindless violence.

The Ajax fans don't see Feyenoord as the "Enemy" but as a unworthy often competition, it is Feyenoord fans who see Ajax as the enemy. Ajax fans have more animosity for PSV Eindhoven. The violent nature of Feyenoord fans can be seen in their violent conflicts with other clubs. Especially German clubs and other foreign clubs. Especially if they have contacts with Dutch clubs Feyenoord hooligans hate.

Every year that Feyenoord plays international matches you always have fines for violent actions from Feyenoord fans.

Now I wrote above here that Ajax does not see Feyenoord as a big thread but we still like to win LOL.

In the past 30 years Feyenoord was champion of the Eredivisie 3 times (eredivisie is our premier league to so speak)

In the past 30 years Ajax was champion of the Eredivisie 12 times and they are on their way for number 13

Ajax was been champion 35 times (that is why they have three stars in their logo. As soon as they become champions 40 times they will get their fourth star above the logo.

wj2yvokinrrhnhlrj6wj.png

Feyenoord has been champion 15 times (thus one star above their name)

When Ajax and Feyenoord play the most likely team to win is Ajax. Since the beginning of 2000 Ajax-Feyenoord or Feyenoord-Ajax had the following results

a draw was the result 13 times

a victory for Feyenoord was the result 7 times

a victory for Ajax was the result 32 times

As you can see, we (as in the royal we, as an Ajax fan) have little or nothing to fear from Feyenoord. In the past 52 matches Feyenoord has just won 7 and that angers the Feyenoord fans, who think Ajax is arrogant (which is a bit true). That is why the hatred for Ajax is so large in Rotterdam/Feyenoord.

It does not help that Ajax has the bigger stadium, Ajax has about 10.7 million followers on social media, Feyenoord has 1.7 million.

About 50% of all Dutch people are fans/support Ajax, second on the list is PSV with 22%. Feyenoord is 4th on that list, far behind Ajax.

Ajax has a budget of 160 million Euro, Feyenoord has a budget of 65 million. The transfer value of all the players on the field for Ajax is almost 350 million euro's. The transfer value of Feyenoord is 134 million.

Feyenoord has 4.8 million in the bank but have a loan of 17.5 million which has to be paid in the next 3 years. Ajax has a bit more in reserve. They have 224 million in their bank account.

In other words, Ajax has more fans, is more successful, a bigger budget, much more net capital, a more valuable selection, more profitable, better stadium, etc. etc. etc. etc.

And that is the reason Feyenoord hates Ajax's guts (envy mostly) and also the reason why Ajax does not feel that hatred for Feyenoord.

You are right, Ajax is not right wing, Feyenoord does have some right wing asswipes in their fans but they will never meet without hmindless violence.

The Ajax fans don't see Feyenoord as the "Enemy" but as a unworthy often competition, it is Feyenoord fans who see Ajax as the enemy. Ajax fans have more animosity for PSV Eindhoven. The violent nature of Feyenoord fans can be seen in their violent conflicts with other clubs. Especially German clubs and other foreign clubs. Especially if they have contacts with Dutch clubs Feyenoord hooligans hate.

Every year that Feyenoord plays international matches you always have fines for violent actions from Feyenoord fans.

Now I wrote above here that Ajax does not see Feyenoord as a big thread but we still like to win LOL.

In the past 30 years Feyenoord was champion of the Eredivisie 3 times (eredivisie is our premier league to so speak)

In the past 30 years Ajax was champion of the Eredivisie 12 times and they are on their way for number 13

Ajax was been champion 35 times (that is why they have three stars in their logo. As soon as they become champions 40 times they will get their fourth star above the logo.

wj2yvokinrrhnhlrj6wj.png

Feyenoord has been champion 15 times (thus one star above their name)

When Ajax and Feyenoord play the most likely team to win is Ajax. Since the beginning of 2000 Ajax-Feyenoord or Feyenoord-Ajax had the following results

a draw was the result 13 times

a victory for Feyenoord was the result 7 times

a victory for Ajax was the result 32 times

As you can see, we (as in the royal we, as an Ajax fan) have little or nothing to fear from Feyenoord. In the past 52 matches Feyenoord has just won 7 and that angers the Feyenoord fans, who think Ajax is arrogant (which is a bit true). That is why the hatred for Ajax is so large in Rotterdam/Feyenoord.

It does not help that Ajax has the bigger stadium, Ajax has about 10.7 million followers on social media, Feyenoord has 1.7 million.

About 50% of all Dutch people are fans/support Ajax, second on the list is PSV with 22%. Feyenoord is 4th on that list, far behind Ajax.

Ajax has a budget of 160 million Euro, Feyenoord has a budget of 65 million. The transfer value of all the players on the field for Ajax is almost 350 million euro's. The transfer value of Feyenoord is 134 million.

Feyenoord has 4.8 million in the bank but have a loan of 17.5 million which has to be paid in the next 3 years. Ajax has a bit more in reserve. They have 224 million in their bank account.

In other words, Ajax has more fans, is more successful, a bigger budget, much more net capital, a more valuable selection, more profitable, better stadium, etc. etc. etc. etc.

And that is the reason Feyenoord hates Ajax's guts (envy mostly) and also the reason why Ajax does not feel that hatred for Feyenoord.
Great information, thanks for sharing. Who is the third club ranking as number of fans before Feyenoord?

This is Feyenoord and PSV:

Great information, thanks for sharing. Who is the third club ranking as number of fans before Feyenoord?

This is Feyenoord and PSV:

You are right, PSV ranks before Feyenoord. And while they also really dislike PSV, especially after PSV beat Feyenoord by 10 to 0, there is a lot of hate for PSV too. Especially because PSV like Ajax has been much more successful than Feyenoord. The only thing that is not in the rivalry between Ajax and Feyenoord is that PSV is a provincial club. That is also one of the things that makes Feyenoord fans hate Ajax. Ajax is the capital of the Netherlands and Feyenoord is from the second town of the Netherlands, Rotterdam.

Europeans have for years known of the problem of the drunken English fan/tourists and the Euro 2020 showed the world, that it also happens at home.

Gee Pete.....will you never tire of criticising the English over just about anything and everything?

Millwall are not even in the top tier of English football and get an average crowd of 13 000.

Unlike one of the the most famous clubs in the world,Barcelona (average attendance several times that of Millwall), which is ranked above Millwall in terms of violence, .....but does not get a mention from you presumably because they are from your home country.

"Ranked: The most violent fans in football"​

Must be Liverpool-Villarreal. A defensive snoozer that should have been 5-0

It was a boring game but I don't blame Villarreal for being so defensive.

Their only chance against Liverpool was to attempt to limit the damage away, hopefully with a draw, and then either win at home or draw and win on penalties.

They are realistic enough to know that they cannot match Liverpool for football talent.

Hooliganism takes it to a whole new level. England did a good job cracking down on the phenomenon. In some areas, if you are a registered hooligan you need to watch the game at the police station.

I remember a few years back going to a Premier League game and standing outside before the game. A white unmarked van pulled up and about ten policemen jumped out and started chasing a small group of supporters who were obviously banned from the stadium.

The resultant chasing around and arresting was all my daughter talked about both during and after the game......the score was irrelevant.

One hardly ever see violence at rugby union games. The fans are not segregated and usually get on really well.

I hate watching football games where the fans abuse opposition players after scoring and each other.

My late Dad and Grandfather told me that they hardly ever saw violence at English football matches in "their day" although my Grandfather said he remembers that there has always been a lot of problems at Rangers/Celtic games, even way back in the 1950's.

So what's wrong with football fans? Are we not teaching our kids the "right" way to behave these days?

So what's wrong with football fans?
I think in Europe is more politics/past history than football. The trauma of war and internal conflict gets passed into hatred -> football games.

Is hard to see this here in North America. At my first hockey game a long time ago I was shocked to see fans of opposite t-shirts mixed up. I mean let's face it what kind of history and hatred can really be between New York and Toronto.

In Europe however, if you have a team from Zagreb (Croatia) playing with a team from Belgrade (Serbia) that day the whole region freezes. History, war, tribalism, and eras of killing each other, are not like they are going to stay and make the circle of peace.

FEYENOORD (Netherlands)

MARSEILLE (France)

score was 3 - 2 for the team from the Netherlands.

I think in Europe is more politics/past history than football. The trauma of war and internal conflict gets passed into hatred -> football games.

I agree to a large extent. In Glasgow the Catholic/Protestant divide is symbolised by Celtic and Rangers, hence the violence.

But why should there be animosity between Everton and Liverpool fans or those from Manchester City and Manchester United?

When Scotland play England at rugby the stands are mixed, despite all the past animosity between England and Scotland.

Unfortunately, as a football fan I regret to admit that football seems to attract a more unruly bunch of spectators than rugby, possibly due to football being a mainly working class sport......whilst rugby is usually played at Private schools in the UK where standards of behaviour are usually higher than at government schools.

Gee Pete.....will you never tire of criticising the English over just about anything and everything?

You seem to be offended on the English behalf.. considering you are the result of the English penal system.. odd that you are so loyal to a nation that saw you as disposable.

But regardless, you do know how to read? I did say that it has gotten far better in England than the bad years of the 1970s and 1980s.

Millwall are not even in the top tier of English football and get an average crowd of 13 000.
And so what? Does not change the fact, that Millwall and other clubs have a dark history of hooliganism that continues today. As pointed out they were just in a fight with Birmingham.

Unlike one of the the most famous clubs in the world,Barcelona (average attendance several times that of Millwall), which is ranked above Millwall in terms of violence, .....but does not get a mention from you presumably because they are from your home country.

"Ranked: The most violent fans in football"​

All clubs have ultras, and all clubs suffer from "ultra stupidity". Death threats are common place in society sadly, especially since it is anonymous on the internet. But actual violent ultra fans, that go out of their way to cause trouble is mostly a think of the past for most clubs including Barcelona and many of the English clubs.

You cant say the same for the English fan base in general when it comes to the national team.

I agree to a large extent. In Glasgow the Catholic/Protestant divide is symbolised by Celtic and Rangers, hence the violence.
Not been much violence the last couple of decades. Both Celtic and Rangers have been good to clean up the stands with bans, and with the help of the police.

But why should there be animosity between Everton and Liverpool fans or those from Manchester City and Manchester United?
Shows how much you know about English history and football.

Much animosity comes from one club being the "workers club" and the other being the "rich peoples club". Same with A. Madrid and R. Madrid and many other traditional clubs out there.

When Scotland play England at rugby the stands are mixed, despite all the past animosity between England and Scotland.
Football has nothing to do with Rugby.. totally different fan attitudes and most likely fans as well.

Unfortunately, as a football fan I regret to admit that football seems to attract a more unruly bunch of spectators than rugby, possibly due to football being a mainly working class sport......whilst rugby is usually played at Private schools in the UK where standards of behaviour are usually higher than at government schools.
And you do understand the basic animosity between Everton and Liverpool, or City and United... good.

Plus England rarely plays Scotland in football and when they do, there has been "issues" around the stadium. In fact, English fans have a poor reputation world wide for being troublemakers when England plays. Yes most fans are nice and non problematic, but there is a large minority that cause all sorts of problems. And yes I suspect you know this, but you will attack me personally to distract for facts .. as usual.

Back
Top Bottom