• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European Football Ultras Fans. Passion over reason.

@Peter King

FEYENOORD is at it again.

UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has again fined Feyenoord. The club have to pay €70,125 for disruptions during the UEFA Europa Conference League home game against SK Slavia Prague on 7 April.

The European Football Association has told Feyenoord the fine is the result of fans setting off firecrackers, blocking stairs and throwing objects. There was also a fine for team misconduct. Aside from the fines, assistant coach Marino Pusic has been suspended for a European game for a red card he received at half-time in the home game at De Kuip. Feyenoord have now received confirmation from UEFA that Pusic’s absence during their return to the Czech Republic on Thursday 14 April concerns the suspension mentioned above.

The fine of €70,125 is the tenth penalty of this season in Europe and means that Feyenoord has already been fined a total of almost half a million euros by UEFA. In the run-up to the diptych against Olympique de Marseille on 28 April and 5 May, the club are therefore urging their supporters to stop Feyenoord receiving any more fines. Furthermore, the club point out that Feyenoord could still face a suspended sentence for playing a European away game without an audience and further disruption could result in even bigger fines and tougher sanctions from UEFA.

https://newsbeezer.com/netherlandseng/feyenoord-conceded-another-heavy-fine-from-uefa/

Do these idiot fans not know their club needs these funds from the UEFA conference cup if they want to buy Cyriel Dessers? Now the fans want to do a fund raise for 1 million euro's to fund the transfer of Dessers to Feyenoord. If these idiots had not cost their club half a million euro's with more to come, they club would already have more than half a million for the purchase price.

Not been much violence the last couple of decades. Both Celtic and Rangers have been good to clean up the stands with bans, and with the help of the police.

Are you serious?

You can watch it if you don't believe me :

This happened in February this year :

Dramatic footage captures huge street brawl as chaos ensues​

"The most violent rivalry in football"

"Inside the Old Firm"

The Wonder Channel

This just a few weeks ago :

"Ibrox violence completely unacceptable, says police chief"​

The seven most dangerous football derbies :

Ranger/Celtic at Number FOUR

Last edited:
Much animosity comes from one club being the "workers club" and the other being the "rich peoples club".

Which does absolutely nothing to excuse the violence OR provide any justification for it.

And your theory about wealth appears to hold little water either.

In fact, only 28% of Manchester United fans are from Manchester. It follows that many people support United because they have been historically more successful than City.

Football has nothing to do with Rugby.. totally different fan attitudes and most likely fans as well.

Duh!

That is the point I was making.

You seem to be offended on the English behalf.. considering you are the result of the English penal system.. odd that you are so loyal to a nation that saw you as disposable.

Again, you jump to silly and incorrect conclusions.

As I have said before on DT, I am English. Born in Bolton....as were generations of my family. I also have Irish and Scottish ancestry.

So your "penal system" jibe is pure childish mud throwing at Australians.

I have three nationalities, Australian being one.

I note that you still can't resist insulting English people.

You need to get that chip on your shoulder attended to.

Last edited:
Lol I'm to focused on my boys surviving the drop right now to chat you all. Although we were robbed of a stonewall pen at Anfield recently
As passionate as we both are about our boys, we've stayed great friends for12 years. I adore you and I've loved our banter.

I used to be a frequent watcher of games televised in the US. Lately, like many other events, games are being only shown on pay networks. I don’t understand the business model. It seems based of seeing how much money can be squeezed from everything, anymore. The UEFA CL semis has been on the CBS national network, but I haven’t seen any earlier games in the listings.

It has been my understanding that the LIV/EVE and MANU/CITY rivalries are due to their proximity, cross town rivals, as it were.

As passionate as we both are about our boys, we've stayed great friends for12 years. I adore you and I've loved our banter.

You think Liverpool can win the Quadruple?

You think Liverpool can win the Quadruple?
Never say never. It's an incredibly big ask isn't it.

No doubt you will hear about it if we ever do :p

So there are the games left for each in their chase for the English Premier League:

Liverpool: Tottenham (home), Aston Villa (Away), Southhampton (away), Wolverhampton (Home)

Manchester City: Newcastle (home), Wolverhampton (away), West Ham (away), Aston Villa (Home)

0.JPG

Trouble between Frankfurt and West Ham fans in Germany today.

Trouble between Frankfurt and West Ham fans in Germany today.

From the reports it sounds like an unprovoked attack from Frankfurt Ultras. One west ham fan beaten unconscious and in Hospital.

From the reports it sounds like an unprovoked attack from Frankfurt Ultras. One west ham fan beaten unconscious and in Hospital.
Conversation/Videos are here about the trouble (this is a ultras forum I found on a google search long time ago):

Yes that is what the British media are saying... now if you go buy what the non-British media and non-German media say... it is not so clear.

Started in Sevilla months ago, when Frankfurt played against Betis on the Wednesday and West Ham was playing against Sevilla on the Thursday.

There is conflicting reports on who started it, but there is video of both sides using sticks, clubs, furniture and stones against each other.

Now Frankfurt does have some ultras who are known for trouble, but oddly enough there are not many clashes in Germany, nor when they travel overseas... only when there is an English team, and specifically former known hooligan teams... of which West Ham is one of them.

So who to believe... that is the question.

Knowing how English people act in general when they get too much to drink... then I can fully believe that some were provoking anyone they could find and someone took the bait. What many people forget, is that when English teams travel, they often bring along a ton of fans with no tickets... something that is not normal with non British teams. It also means these fans are parked in fan zones or in pubs getting more and more drunk and causing all sorts of problems.

There is nothing more annoying for locals to have drunk English spewing racist shit during breakfast or/and lunch.

Lol I'm to focused on my boys surviving the drop right now to hate you all. Although we were robbed of a stonewall pen at Anfield recently.
We'll provide a comforting replacement till we swap places again. Unless the lose our minor Russian oligarch funding.

Yes that is what the British media are saying... now if you go buy what the non-British media and non-German media say... it is not so clear.

Started in Sevilla months ago, when Frankfurt played against Betis on the Wednesday and West Ham was playing against Sevilla on the Thursday.

There is conflicting reports on who started it, but there is video of both sides using sticks, clubs, furniture and stones against each other.

Now Frankfurt does have some ultras who are known for trouble, but oddly enough there are not many clashes in Germany, nor when they travel overseas... only when there is an English team, and specifically former known hooligan teams... of which West Ham is one of them.

So who to believe... that is the question.

Knowing how English people act in general when they get too much to drink... then I can fully believe that some were provoking anyone they could find and someone took the bait. What many people forget, is that when English teams travel, they often bring along a ton of fans with no tickets... something that is not normal with non British teams. It also means these fans are parked in fan zones or in pubs getting more and more drunk and causing all sorts of problems.

There is nothing more annoying for locals to have drunk English spewing racist shit during breakfast or/and lunch.

No I read it on Eurosport. Local business owners and the Police confirmed it and they also attacked some Croatian students.

Its pretty common for travelling English fans to be targeted by Ultras whilst travelling. Even Rangers fans were targeted this year in Germany.

No I read it on Eurosport. Local business owners and the Police confirmed it and they also attacked some Croatian students.

Its pretty common for travelling English fans to be targeted by Ultras whilst travelling. Even Rangers fans were targeted this year in Germany.

It is common because Brits act like arrogant pricks and provoke the locals like mad when they are drunk. On Monday here, I encountered 2 sets of British men at around noon, who were clearly drunk and doing everything they could to provoke the local Spanish and anyone they could find. The catcalling was disgusting. My point is, far far far from all British act like this, but a big enough minority do and they make it hard for everyone else

But as I said, this started in March in Sevilla and was most likely payback and arranged. What started in Sevilla is anyone's guess, but my suspicion is on West Ham fans being idiots.

It is common because Brits act like arrogant pricks and provoke the locals like mad when they are drunk. On Monday here, I encountered 2 sets of British men at around noon, who were clearly drunk and doing everything they could to provoke the local Spanish and anyone they could find. The catcalling was disgusting. My point is, far far far from all British act like this, but a big enough minority do and they make it hard for everyone else

But as I said, this started in March in Sevilla and was most likely payback and arranged. What started in Sevilla is anyone's guess, but my suspicion is on West Ham fans being idiots.

Ultras tend not to need much provoking. Typically it’s pre arranged ambushes which i experienced myself at Euro 2016 with the local French groups and Russians.

Ultras tend not to need much provoking. Typically it’s pre arranged ambushes which i experienced myself at Euro 2016 with the local French groups and Russians.
Yea, which could have happened this time around as well.

Back
Top Bottom