• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Europe is abandoning Trump on the world stage as it turns away from the US toward China

Well, you can think of it this way: some of us challenge his poor form here, so you all don't have to deal with it in other threads. Kind of like our anti-terrorism strategy.
:)

Everyone kicks his ass so much, it's starting to be as much fun as watching a high school football team beat up on a kid with Down's.

I posted official results, you don't like the results so suggest you put me on ignore because you are going to see a lot more of them

You posted select mortality rates and then made unsupported assumptions with no data to support it. You can go ahead and keep posting them; I'll be there to correct this type of dishonesty.

LOL, so you want this country to have the same freedoms they have in Germany? Germany a nation the size of Montana, with 83 million people? 4 billion GDP making it your model? Why not England, Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands? You picked Germany not because of their policies but because of their results. You have no idea what freedoms they have in Germany nor do you care, this is a chance to complain about Trump

:lamo

I gave you an answer commensurate to the superficiality of your analysis.

It is about time you focused on results and not opinions. why would Europe get close to a Communist Country? Presidents in this country come and go, Communism and lost freedoms take a lot longer to change some never changing. Europe isn't stupid enough to abandon this country for Communism and you ought to know better

A variety of self serving political economic and geo-political reasons; similar to the ones we use to do business with them and other countries with questionable political systems. If you're looking for some kind of purity test for striking cross national relationships, we have some questionable ones as well.

There are a lot of things I don't understand including your love affair for Obama, liberal rhetoric, and failure to understanding the Constitution of the United States. I posted the official results, you don't like them because they don't support your narrative.

I have made no mention of Obama at all. No liberal rhetoric has been involved in this exchange either. You post things you think are results, and I correct you on that incorrect conclusion. It's not that hard.

It isn't about winning, never has it is all about policy and the freedoms we have that scare tactics are trying to take away. The data supports my claim that every anti Trump thread will find you and others in it. Think you are winning any political points? Results matter, not your politics of personal destruction and attempts to justify European results and demonize ours

You continue to frame those the numbers in the context of them being indicative of anything other than the mortality rates. Since you have noting to support why the rates are different, you're only guessing. Nothing I've stated in this exchange is political; it's correcting a bad conclusion.

Hatred of this country really is jealousy on your part probably not living in this country, a true globalist ignoring European results and buying liberal rhetoric. Why is it that the U.S. results are better than the world and most European Countries? Actual results don't resonate with people like you who continue to promote the liberal ideology fraud on people around the world.

5/20/2020 Cases Deaths

United States 1581903 93806 5.9%

Spain 279524 27888 10.0%

Italy 227364 32330 14.2%

England 248293 35704 14.4%

France 143845 28132 19.6%

Netherlands 44700 5775 12.9%

Canada 80142 6031 7.5%

Germany 178531 8270 4.6%

WORLD 5014943 328462 6.5%

Coronavirus (COVID-19) live map tracker from Microsoft Bing

Yeah,

All the countries where they actually did flatten the curve, and are now cautiously beginning to reopen.

BTW, none of them have the American unemployement problem either. Most of them borrowed and put their countries on the payroll for a couple of months. Rents got paid. bills got paid. some poeple worked, and there was very little interruption in normal commerce. We borrowed a whole lot more money than they did, and it went to chains, fracking companies, and corporations. Main street got left behind. So did state and local government, virtually assuring that there will be a domino of budget crises in states, cities , counties and towns. Teachers, firefighters will be losing jobs this time next year, if not sooner.

It was going fine until the pandemic hit. And China boned us again. Europe may not like Trump, but they can't continue to have a good economy, and a SAFE country, if they break from the U.S. and favor China. The only thing regimes like CCP understand is power. If they are allowed to take advantage of our good nature, and peace loving people, they will. It's a delicate balance indeed, but standing up to China is long overdue. I don't care for Trump, I hate the childish tweets, and stupid name calling, and if a different republican would take the same positions, I'd vote for him in a minute. But the reality is, Trump or Biden. And being tough with China is not Biden's forte. Xi would LOVE to see Biden win in November. Again, JMHO

I think US farmers would like Biden. Many were hurting by the trade war. IMO.

I didn't say the Chinese govt created the virus - I said China is the origin of the virus - meaning that it came from them.

The virus appears to have come from bats, yet Wuhan doesn't have any of these bats naturally living there. What Wuhan does have is the one national virology laboratory for the entire country, and there are bats in there.

I therefore don't feel it's a mere coincidence that this viral outbreak started in Wuhan - I think it came from China's national virology laboratory there.

I'm not saying it's man-made and created by them in the sense of a genetically-engineered virus. I'm saying that a natural virus being studied there was carelessly allowed to escape and began to infect humans, whereupon the Chinese govt foolishly and selfishly tried to cover it up rather than transparently acknowledge a problem, which led to a wider pandemic that went out of control, and caused a bigger problem for not only China but also the wider world.

US officials have visited this Wuhan laboratory in the past, and expressed their concerns about the poor safeguards there.

You are correct. Sorry.
I think it was someone else that used created.
Or my eyes deceived me.

Unless you have or the "others" have a PhD in biology, your opinions carry no weight. The science is the science- and that's based on the consensus of the experts working in the field. That's why all new submitted science articles to scientific journals are "peer reviewed" and not subjected to a national referendum.

Most people "think" bigfoot exists and UFO abductions with anal probing are real, but that evolutionary biology and modern cosmology are the handiwork of the devil. What does that have to do with science?

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
-Isaac Asimov

I know my opinions carry no weight, just as yours don't.

There are numerous examples of "peer reviewed articles or studies" being mercenary in nature, experts and doctors being paid to write false or grossly misleading articles. Big Pharma and other special interests pay "experts" to write favorable articles. Perhaps the most notorious of that was the introduction of opioids by manufacturers. Whistleblowers at FDA have gone on record regarding that in the certification of various prescription drugs over the years. Media from 60 Minutes to Full Measure have covered such stories.

Therefore I remain neutral on the question of mutating virus becoming stronger or weaker with each mutation.

Yup, exactly.

This has been happening for some time in Europe. Trump has not only damaged our alliances there, the people think he's the biggest idiot in the world (they're right). They need to hold off on the China thing until we can get that moron out of office and start to repair the damage he has done to this once great country.

it started before Trump ... the EU's eyes were opened wide after the Snowden revelations that our power grids had malware uploaded to them so US could shut our power grids if they decided to do so, stole intellectual property from EU companies as well as steal data to help US companies win contracts over there EU rivals, then Under Trump we've had tariff wars, bullying and threatening EU countries to do America's bidding like Nordstream2 interfering in EU policies etc

if Biden wins and Democrats can't win both houses then American foreign policy will not change no matter who is in the Whitehouse ... America is unreliable and when Trump called us "FOES" of the USA and Macron reciprocated a few months later by calling the USA "The Enemy" ... Trump took a hissy fit

Yeah,

All the countries where they actually did flatten the curve, and are now cautiously beginning to reopen.

BTW, none of them have the American unemployement problem either. Most of them borrowed and put their countries on the payroll for a couple of months. Rents got paid. bills got paid. some poeple worked, and there was very little interruption in normal commerce. We borrowed a whole lot more money than they did, and it went to chains, fracking companies, and corporations. Main street got left behind. So did state and local government, virtually assuring that there will be a domino of budget crises in states, cities , counties and towns. Teachers, firefighters will be losing jobs this time next year, if not sooner.

So where does the gov't get the money to do this? Do you realize that these policies aren't free? If Europe went to China then Europe made the biggest mistake ever

China’s new national security law could be a “death sentence” for Hong Kong - Vox

I would generally agree with that. But I think most China experts would tell you this is way too much stick and not enough carrot. That can lead to some undesirable consequences.

It's definitely a tough needle to thread.

Farmers are a tough breed. The trade war is hurting them, but they are playing the long game. They understand that China is playing the long game as well, hoping like hell Biden wins in November. Then it will be back to business as usual, with China fleecing the US, and Biden enriching himself. The farmers in the mean time will hope for a Trump win, and a fair trade deal. That's why the majority of them back Trump, and are very patient.

"Despite Tariffs, American Farmers Still Support Trump"
Despite Tariffs, American Farmers Still Support Trump | The Daily Caller

The corporate farmers love them some Trump. They've been scooping up bankrupt family farms for pennies on the dollar.

Farmers are a tough breed. The trade war is hurting them, but they are playing the long game.

The ones who aren't going bankrupt, and being forced to sell their family farms to the corporations for pennies on the dollars. It's the agricorps that have been the big agricultural winners under Trump's policies.

Farmers are a tough breed. The trade war is hurting them, but they are playing the long game. They understand that China is playing the long game as well, hoping like hell Biden wins in November. Then it will be back to business as usual, with China fleecing the US, and Biden enriching himself. The farmers in the mean time will hope for a Trump win, and a fair trade deal. That's why the majority of them back Trump, and are very patient.

"Despite Tariffs, American Farmers Still Support Trump"
Despite Tariffs, American Farmers Still Support Trump | The Daily Caller

Bankrupt is bankrupt. Once the farm is lost, they have nothing.
China doesn't elect a prez every 4 yrs, they can wait it out.

So to knock China down requires more that USA. Because China is more equipped to play the long game.

What fleecing are you referring to?
Specifics. Knowing the world trade currency is in US $$$.

The ones who aren't going bankrupt, and being forced to sell their family farms to the corporations for pennies on the dollars. It's the agricorps that have been the big agricultural winners under Trump's policies.

MAGA.
Kill small business. Make business greater. Tough doesn't feed the family.

That's why the Walmarts made out on $3T, but middle and small business need another round of stimulus.

President Donald Trump is presiding over the deterioration of the US's position on the world stage as European countries increasingly look toward China as a future global leader.

This shift is apparent in a series of recent opinion polls that found European sentiment toward the US to be in decline since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
Europe is abandoning Trump on the world stage as it turns away from the US toward China

Well, As many figured, there is no MAGA. Never was going to be.
We will be 2nd fiddle in the world.

Amazing how you and the rest of the left post negative anti Trump threads over and over again but when those threads are rebuked the left is already on to some other anti Trump thread, this one is a perfect example, pages and pages of anti Trump rhetoric and how Europe is moving towards China, How about it radicals, you ever going to be mature enough to admit when wrong, May 26, 2020

Support for China Falls Dramatically in European, Indian Polls

Back
Top Bottom