• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eternity - Would you want to live/exist forever?

I quoted a verse from the Quran that says Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was the last prophet.

You can't prove that anything the Quran says regarding that tidbit of idiocy is fact.
Because the Quran says so does NOT prove the Quran is correct.
You can't use the Quran to prove the validity of the Quran.

There's absolutely no reason why a "god" would communicate directly with a couple of dudes a few thousand years ago, but then just stop forever after.
Unless of course you're suggesting that "god" is dead.
Which might explain quite a bit.

You can't prove that anything the Quran says regarding that tidbit of idiocy is fact.
Because the Quran says so does NOT prove the Quran is correct.
You can't use the Quran to prove the validity of the Quran.

There's absolutely no reason why a "god" would communicate directly with a couple of dudes a few thousand years ago, but then just stop forever after.
Unless of course you're suggesting that "god" is dead.
Which might explain quite a bit.
No need to change the topic altogether. You asked if I'd believe you. I answered. You asked why. I answered. Whether you believe in the revelation or not doesn't change my answer or the scripture.

No need to change the topic altogether. You asked if I'd believe you. I answered. You asked why. I answered. Whether you believe in the revelation or not doesn't change my answer or the scripture.

I accept your defeat.

Eternity sounds like hell to me.

Remember, a billion years, 10^9 years, is not the first second of eternity.

10^100 years is not the first second of eternity.

Neither is 10^(10^100) years.

Nor 10^(10^(10^100)) years.

Nor 10^(10^(10^(10^100))) years.

.....and so on.....

Based on what you say, I'm bored already.

Not really my notion now is it?

Pretty sure it's the majority of the world's religions that propose such a possibility.

You said it. That others have also doesn't mean it's not your notion, also. Like has been said, "...there is nothing new under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 1:9). And, your being whimsical most certainly qualifies as a notion. Maybe I should have called it your "whimsy".

Back
Top Bottom