• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eternity - Would you want to live/exist forever?

How is that deflection? Are you sure you know the meaning of deflection? The Qur'an is God's word. Now, if you're either too scared or too lazy to read it in order to have a further discussion about it, I cannot help you. As for your possible claim that the Quran isn't God's word — you're more than welcome to try to prove it.
There is no such thing as "God's Word." There are only the words of men.

You can start by reading the Qur'an.
I'd rather read the Satanic Verses. Salmon Rushdie's writing is far more entertaining.

How is that deflection? Are you sure you know the meaning of deflection? The Qur'an is God's word. Now, if you're either too scared or too lazy to read it in order to have a further discussion about it, I cannot help you. As for your possible claim that the Quran isn't God's word — you're more than welcome to try to prove it.

The burden of proof lies with you.

Prove the Quran is "god's word".

A few billion christians would say you're wrong.
Another few billion non-christians would agree that you're wrong.

The burden of proof lies with you.

Prove the Quran is "god's word".

A few billion christians would say you're wrong.
Another few billion non-christians would agree that you're wrong.
A) if you're the one starting the argument, then the burden of proof is on you.
B) I have provided my poof. The Quran is the proof. You are refusing to look at that proof. Hence you are not open for a discussion. That renders me quite powerless in helping you.

You can start by reading the Qur'an.

Why do you think the Qur'an, a book written by corrupt and corruptable men, relay what God says?

It would depend on what the eternity exists of?

Why do you think the Qur'an, a book written by corrupt and corruptable men, relay what God says?
First you would have to prove the Quran was written by corrupt and corruptable men.

If I had the choice, I would absolutely love to live forever.

Why, that is pretty darn easy. It was written down by . Zayd ibn Thabit , a corrupt and mortal man.
1) where does it say it was written down by Zayd ibn Thabit?
2) where is your proof Zayd ibn Thabit was "a corrupt man".
3) what does the actual act of writing down the Quran have to do with whether it is the word of God or not? I have not heard of a single belief system where men think that God literally wrote their holy scripture. This is obviously not what is meant when people say something is the word of God.

3) what does the actual act of writing down the Quran have to do with whether it is the word of God or not? I have not heard of a single belief system where men think that God literally wrote their holy scripture. This is obviously not what is meant when people say something is the word of God.

Exactly. Think about that.

Aside from the words in the Quran, what evidence do you have that proves the words in the Quran came from "god"?

Suppose I told you that god talked directly to me 5 minutes ago and I wrote down exactly what god said?

Would you believe me?

Exactly. Think about that.
(Once again I am asking) can you be more specific? You make little side statements like these and 95% of the time I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to. I suspect you might not know either.
Aside from the words in the Quran, what evidence do you have that proves the words in the Quran came from "god"?
The amazing thing is, we don't need any evidence outside of that. The Quran stands on its own. It on its own proves itself. Of course the story behind the Quran is miraculous as well and certainly worth studying, but when it comes to proving the Qur'an is from God, nothing else is needed but the Qur'an itself.
Suppose I told you that god talked directly to me 5 minutes ago and I wrote down exactly what god said?

Would you believe me?
Of course not.
Qur'an 33:40 "Muhammad is not the father of (any) one of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allaah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allaah, of all things, Knowing."

There is nothing miraculous about any holy book.

1) where does it say it was written down by Zayd ibn Thabit?
2) where is your proof Zayd ibn Thabit was "a corrupt man".

Why, it is a matter of historical record.

He lived, he died, his body was corrupted. He is a mere human,

And, claims are not evidence. A claim is a claim, and the claim is that the quran was from god. No evidence other than other unsupported claims are being made.

Why, it is a matter of historical record.

He lived, he died, his body was corrupted. He is a mere human,

And, claims are not evidence. A claim is a claim, and the claim is that the quran was from god. No evidence other than other unsupported claims are being made.
A corrupted body is no proof of a god.

Gods can bleed, take J.C. for instance.

A) if you're the one starting the argument, then the burden of proof is on you.
B) I have provided my poof. The Quran is the proof. You are refusing to look at that proof. Hence you are not open for a discussion. That renders me quite powerless in helping you.
No no nope.

A) YOU are starting the argument by making a positive claim "The Quran is the word of God" it is not the burden of anyone to disprove your claim.
B) The Quran cannot be used as evidence of it's divine authorship. I also have Christians telling me the Bible is proof that the Bible is true and Jews saying the same about the Talmud, and Hindus and Sikhs and Buddhists and on and on and on. These books are all mutually exclusive. Either one of them is correct, or all of them are wrong. How do we distinguish which book is the TRUE word of god?

Does anyone truly desire to exist or "live" for eternity? Regardless of what that eternity might be?

Isn't eternity, even if it's pleasurable, a torturous proposition?

Wouldn't you become so numb as to become basically insane?
heaven or earth

Why not?

Why would you believe "god" spoke to people 2000 years ago, but not believe he spoke to somebody today?
I quoted a verse from the Quran that says Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was the last prophet.

I quoted a verse from the Quran that says Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم was the last prophet.
Quote away. Holy books are not evidence.

Back
Top Bottom