• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Equal Pay Day: March 15, 2022

No. What happens in confirmation bias is that you surround yourself with others who have the same biases. They wind up reinforcing each others biases.
You can lie to yourself, but the first person to know your lie is you. If you are ignorant, your statement is a mistake.

You've got no game.
I have plenty of game, on the court AND in the debate.
None of your sources support your claims. None of your responses address my questions.
Not true. The claim of a large pay gap between men and women has been shown to be fallacious time and again by a wide variety of sources and methods. As I said, it is a political cudgel used to rile up the easily duped into hating the other side.
Do you believe that President Biden won a fair election free from statistically significant voter fraud in 11.20?
Yes.

I also believe that 2022 will be a free and fair election, contrary to President Biden's hyperbolic statements. "Jim Crow 2.0" etc.

You can lie to yourself, but the first person to know your lie is you. If you are ignorant, your statement is a mistake.

Few people know they lie and when they do, after they repeat the lie a few times, they themselves forget it started as a lie.

When people advocate for equal pay for equal work, they are often naive. I've been doing my thing for 26 years. If a new person, of any gender or color, gets hired to do what I do, the fact that their basic responsibilities are similar does not make them my equal. There are also intangibles in every job.

If I am a carpenter and there's another guy whose wood working skills are as good as mine, but he's functionally illiterate, but I am a good written communicator, I deserve more pay. Writing skills are not what carpenters are most known for, but that doesn't mean they don't make one a more valuable employee, if they can communicate effectively with clients and vendors. Or, if I show up every day, on time, and the other guy calls out twice a month to deal with his baby mama drama, I deserve more pay, despite our skill set being equal in the eyes of some. Work ethic is also relevant.

There are many variables in deciding who deserves the best pay. Why not let the person who signs the checks decide what to pay rather than demanding pay equality that is based upon an assumption that the average employer is racist or sexist? I don't believe that.

No. What happens in confirmation bias is that you surround yourself with others who have the same biases. They wind up reinforcing each others biases.
You can lie to yourself, but the first person to know your lie is you imo.

I have plenty of game, on the court AND in the debate.

Not true. The claim of a large pay gap between men and women has been shown to be fallacious time and again by a wide variety of sources and methods. As I said, it is a political cudgel used to rile up the easily duped into hating the other side.

Yes.

I also believe that 2022 will be a free and fair election, contrary to President Biden's hyperbolic statements. "Jim Crow 2.0" etc.
Then show it. The last source you posted showed a pay gap based on gender. The trope is from the conservative side. Would you be okay earning 2 cents less than a woman because you know...margin of error.

Few people know they lie and when they do, after they repeat the lie a few times, they themselves forget it started as a lie.
If you are describing a sociopath yes, otherwise I disagree. People know, they just won't admit.

You can lie to yourself, but the first person to know your lie is you imo.

You approach this as an honest person. That is why you don't understand the mind set of a liar.

We all tend to think others are like us. They are not.

Put an honest man in a room with a dishonest women and she'll make a fool of him, thinking of him as a sap.

If you are describing a sociopath yes, otherwise I disagree. People know, they just won't admit.
At first, not as time passes. I promise you. This is how it is. If you repeat something enough, it's believed. It's that simple.

Trust me on this, I know of what I speak.

Back
Top Bottom