• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

No you are trying to make the Christian definition of murder ambiguous by using disparities on how secular govts define murder.

No. Murder is unlawful killing. That is the definition of murder. There are relatively only a few murders mentioned in the Bible, but plenty of cases of justified homicide, including a woman being raped in the city who doesn't call for help and killing gay people and witches.

We arent talking about killing as a judicial punishment but murder for the sake of murder because s9meone thinks its not against the Bible

You are seriously confusing the definitions of killing and murder.

I find your Avatar really insulting.

Thank you

And I'm speaking as a 5th generation Texan.

Is that supposed to mean something? Im 8th generation on my moms side and 6th on my dads. In fact my great-great-great grandfather was a doctor for the north in the civil war. They even named a Texas town after him, maybe you have head of it, Colleyville.

The confederate flag means nothing to me and pretty much nothing to most Texans. We arent about being a part of the confederacy or even the US for that matter, we stand alone as The Republic of Texas.

I only have the avatar to piss of whiny liberals who are easily offended. Glad to know its working. Hate is keeping the flag alive but not hated of black people but liberals hatred of the south.

You are seriously confusing the definitions of killing and murder.

Im not confusing anything, I made it clear that my question was about premeditated cold blooded murder that no one would argue wasnt murder and instead of answering the question honestly everyone is talking about the definition of murder to skirt admitting the hypocrisy of their position

There are people who would argue that though. But besides that, the contention was not just about one instance of what "thou shalt not kill" covers, but rather all of them.

There are people who would argue that though. But besides that, the contention was not just about one instance of what "thou shalt not kill" covers, but rather all of them.

The question is, is someone still a Christian if they claim to be a Christian and they continually commit cold blooded premeditated murder under the insistence that the Bible doesnt say its a sin?

There are only 2 answers. either yes that anyone who says the are a Christian is one no matter the blatant disregard for the Bible or no that such an obvious breech of God's law means they can not be considered a Christian no matter what they claim.

Yall seem to have created a third option. Where either you are not a Christian and have to basis to really discuss the issue or you are a Christian and have so little conviction in your faith you cant even admit that is an act that could be universally be considered murder by all Christians.

:lamo

Silly protesters...

We aren't the only creatures on earth that breathe. Nor were we even close to the first.

Anyone who is familiar with Genesis knows God created the plants and animals first. Your point?

That was God doling out punishment to those who went against his children.

Yes, they are still Christian because you haven't even given the scenario of the "cold blooded murder", plus it is not necessary to completely believe in or follow the Bible to be a Christian, only to try to follow Jesus, or what they believe Jesus taught.

actually the bible was inspired by God and written by men that were inspired by God to write down those things that he said.
It had nothing to do with prejudices or anything else. the Israelites were called by God to be different race of people with different ethical values and system compared to their
hedonistic neighbors. For most of their existance Israel was a migrating people in which homosexuality would have put even more stress on their population than
what already existed.

I go by the overall message of God and Jesus: peace, love, forgiveness, and treating your fellow man as you would yourself.

Do you believe God created the Earth in 6 days?

Yep and there is also the admonition of sin and other things that were are to bring toward people.
You either believe what the bible says about marriage or you don't. if you don't then that is on you not me.

With God all things are possible and nothing is impossible.

Anyone who is familiar with Genesis knows God created the plants and animals first. Your point?

I feel it's worth pointing out that the time differential was more than a day. Or a few days.

And that's the problem with religion. You pick what you WANT to believe.
Silly superstitions.

We arent talking about killing as a judicial punishment but murder for the sake of murder because s9meone thinks its not against the Bible

Hence my example. They used the Bible to justify their murder for the sake of forcing their religion on others. They interpreted the Bible to justify that. When God gave us free will and clearly told us that we could choose to follow Him or not.

Great you owned a **** hole of country bumpkins:roll:

I feel it's worth pointing out that the time differential was more than a day. Or a few days.

It was totally a day.....

Says so right in the bible..... What? You don't believe the literal word?

Likely 1000s of years.

Then why did they write extremely specific days down?

So I guess the Bible shouldnt be taken literally, word for word, after all.

Thanks!

Then why did they write extremely specific days down?

So I guess the Bible shouldnt be taken literally, word for word, after all.

Thanks!
Only when it is convenient........

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…