• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Environmentalism is now primarily about stifling basic human aspiration

So, basically, no dumping the lightbulbs in wetlands and we'll be ok.

Our landfill is up the hill from a river. I really do not have as much faith in those liners as you apparently do. My area had a lot of mercury issues in ponds and creeks and the like, mainly related to years of use of mercury containing chemicals for all your X-cide needs. As my dad said of them, "Well at least the damned things worked no matter what you used them for unlike the crap you get today." My favorite pond to fish when I was a kid one day closed due to mercury and it was two or three years before the state allowed people to fish in it again and that was well after the mercury ban. We will still sometimes get a mercury caution for not eating more than whatever number of fish a month from the river and none if you are pregnant and the like.

So its all right to be an environmentalist only some of the time then. At other times you can indulge your expensive wasteful polluting hobby ,play with your real life racing cars and your conscience is clear because you think you've already paid your penance by driving your Prius ?

Gotcha

You have no idea what Newman has done, do you? You're just making crap up as you go along, aren't you?

We will still sometimes get a mercury caution for not eating more than whatever number of fish a month from the river and none if you are pregnant and the like.

The Everglades always has that.

Yes, that's what I claimed. :roll:

How old are you?

We know, we read it...

I'm older than you...And I'm smarter, better looking, and I am much more of an environmentalist than you are too.. Oh and my dad can beat up your dad too... LOL, the fact you ask that after your display here is astounding...

You're some bit of work junior... And On that I am done talking to you until you can offer something of substance..

We know, we read it...

I'm older than you...And I'm smarter, better looking, and I am much more of an environmentalist than you are too.. Oh and my dad can beat up your dad too... LOL, the fact you ask that after your display here is astounding...

You're some bit of work junior... And On that I am done talking to you until you can offer something of substance..

If that's you in your avatar, you're obviously incorrect.

If that's you in your avatar, you're obviously incorrect.

Dude you're being made fun of... And now laughed at.. Like I really care what you look like or if anybody is better looking.. You're either a real juvenile or similar-minded person, or you are doing this troll/bait fest to get attention or get the thread removed. Whichever it is, I don't care to play your game anymore. You're too dense to know when you're being made fun of, so there really is no point in talking with you any longer. Good day junior..

Every movement has its extremists, but the research doesn't lie. Humans are trashing the planet and we are handing an abysmal legacy to our children.

The corporate spindoctors here at DP and their lackeys who scour the web making sure that environmental activism is doubted are going to be forced to STFU when we come face to face with a population that can no longer be provided for because the earth's natural bounty is maxed out, and our energy economy is obsolete.

It is a source of never ending fascination (and frustration) that the polemicists who frame environmentalism as a subjective ideology refuse to look at the basic information that surrounds them in their own environment. EVERYONE is noticing. The research isn't even needed anymore. Our way of life is getting more and more crappy every day. We eat garbage food, breathe garbage air, our waters are becoming polluted by oil or radiation, the fish stocks are crashing, there are mass extinctions. It's not "chicken little" to point out the reality of what's happening, and what our global experts have been notifying us about for years. Can you honestly say that life is better now than even a few decades ago? Get real.

And the corporate spindoctors are trying to convince us otherwise, all for money. ****ing money.

Every movement has its extremists, but the research doesn't lie. Humans are trashing the planet and we are handing an abysmal legacy to our children.

The corporate spindoctors here at DP and their lackeys who scour the web making sure that environmental activism is doubted are going to be forced to STFU when we come face to face with a population that can no longer be provided for because the earth's natural bounty is maxed out, and our energy economy is obsolete.

It is a source of never ending fascination (and frustration) that the polemicists who frame environmentalism as a subjective ideology refuse to look at the basic information that surrounds them in their own environment. EVERYONE is noticing. The research isn't even needed anymore. Our way of life is getting more and more crappy every day. We eat garbage food, breathe garbage air, our waters are becoming polluted by oil or radiation, the fish stocks are crashing, there are mass extinctions. It's not "chicken little" to point out the reality of what's happening, and what our global experts have been notifying us about for years. Can you honestly say that life is better now than even a few decades ago? Get real.

And the corporate spindoctors are trying to convince us otherwise, all for money. ****ing money.

Corporate spin doctors here? On this forum?

LOL, that's just amazing man.. Really.. But hey it's your delusion,so you go ahead and tell it..

You do not get to dictate the standards of others. Environmentalism does not require cult-like adherence. Environmentalists can own race teams and airplanes. You don't like that? Tough crap.

Your BS is no different than the dumbasses who declare that Christians must give up all their money.
If by a Christian you mean a disciple of Jesus.
. . . Mark 10:21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”
. . . Luke 14:33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.

But I guess that fellah was just one of those dumbasses :lol: Interpretations vary of course - he may have meant the kind of possession sharing described of the early church in Acts 1-6 - but Jesus was most certainly opposed to the accumulation of great wealth. Though I'm no longer a Christian, I reckon the last few centuries have thoroughly borne out his (and the Buddha's, and the Cynics' and no doubt other ancient sages and sects') wisdom in opposing greed as a primary motivator.

It must be said that you have all but accomplished the impossible in leading me to favour Flogger and Gslack in a discussion. Another of Jesus' biggest gripes was hypocrisy, and I agree with him on that too :shock: And he had this little saying commonly known as the 'golden rule' (also used by other ancients from other cultures, and in Jesus' own by leader of one of the main Pharisee sects, Hillel the Elder). The gist of it lies in the question:
If everyone did what I do, would we have a good world?

I think it can be safely said that if we all had a carbon footprint equivalent to that of private jets or race teams, the world would not be so good.

Don't get me wrong, the folk who say something like "You use a computer so you are a hypocrite and therefore wrong" are idiots. Fossil fuels were useful and (very heavily supplemented by renewables and strongly-regulated nuclear) could continue to play a role in, for example, somewhat limited air transport.

But folk who profess environmental concerns - or indeed make profits selling goods to other folk with environmental concerns - whilst themselves contributing more than a hundred normal folk who don't even give a damn; the small measure of public-awareness good they do notwithstanding, ultimately they themselves are quite contemptible. Same as George W. Bush and his ultimate eco-friendly home :lol:

Hypocrisy on either side is abhorrent, to my mind.

Dude you're being made fun of... And now laughed at.. Like I really care what you look like or if anybody is better looking.. You're either a real juvenile or similar-minded person, or you are doing this troll/bait fest to get attention or get the thread removed. Whichever it is, I don't care to play your game anymore. You're too dense to know when you're being made fun of, so there really is no point in talking with you any longer. Good day junior..

Stop crying.

This has to be one of the most surreal discourses I've ever had on this forum . I've got a person claiming to be the boards top environmentalist ferociously defending the hypocrisy of a pretentious high volume celebrity polluter. You couldnt make this stuff up ! :lol:

Last edited:
Stop crying.

You stopped then? Good to hear... So you done raging now,or you gonna throw another fit? Going to get mad if I mention another celebrity playing fake environmentalist?

This has to be one of the most surreal discourses I've ever had on this forum . I've got a person claiming to be the boards top environmentalist ferociously defending the hypocrisy of a pretentious high volume celebrity polluter. You couldnt make this stuff up ! :lol:

LOL, dudes in the throws of a breakdown or something..

You stopped then? Good to hear... So you done raging now,or you gonna throw another fit? Going to get mad if I mention another celebrity playing fake environmentalist?

Waaaa... I hate celebrities!

Paul Newman has done more for the environment than you've done for anything. Why must you whine and complain?

LOL, dudes in the throws of a breakdown or something..

Yeah, sure. You're not being a whining little crybaby, it's just that I'm having a breakdown.

haha

Paul Newman has done more for the environment than you've done for anything. Why must you whine and complain?

Yes he certainly has , by dumping hundreds of times more harmful emissions into it than most folk would ever manage in a dozen lifetimes ! :lol:

We get it, paul newman is the king... Well after you of course.. And anybody who questions his ecomentalism is evil...

Get a grip junior, you don't know me,and you don't know paul newman either. he's an actor and a business man. One part is a BS artist (like you) the other part is a savvy and successful entrepreneur who made the most of his fame by selling products with his name on it (not like you but like a republican). He's not beyond reproach...

Get a grip junior, you don't know me,and you don't know paul newman either. he's an actor and a business man. One part is a BS artist (like you) the other part is a savvy and successful entrepreneur who made the most of his fame by selling products with his name on it (not like you but like a republican). He's not beyond reproach...

Still not done? Do you need a hanky?

Yeah, sure. You're not being a whining little crybaby, it's just that I'm having a breakdown.

haha

You just called yourself king environmentalist of the board dude, you don't know that and you certainly can't prove it, and it's an asinine and juvenile claim to make.. So yeah ya did have a breakdown, and everyone who reads this thread will see it.. Nice work..

You just called yourself king environmentalist of the board dude, you don't know that and you certainly can't prove it, and it's an asinine and juvenile claim to make.. So yeah ya did have a breakdown, and everyone who reads this thread will see it.. Nice work..

Oh, please. Crying and denying reality? This is getting ridiculous. I've never seen so much butthurt in so few posts. I need to buy stock in tissues.

These quotes could be simply dismissed as those from extremists and cranks were they not made by prominent and influential people often in positions of power. Its disturbing just how much they hate our species

. . . .

Quote by Club of Rome "In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill....All these dangers are caused by human intervention....and thus the “real enemy, then, is humanity itself....believe humanity requires a common motivation, namely a common adversary in order to realize world government. It does not matter if this common enemy is “a real one or….one invented for the purpose."

Third time's a charm, perhaps? Unfortunately not; this is the worst yet. Again the good conservatives at C3 have mixed and mangled things up a bit, but broadly speaking this quote (unlike the others) is actually attributed to a specific source! (Here's a couple of examples of this attribution.) Unfortunately when you actually search through that source - and as always, I do encourage you to actually research the things you post about ;) - The First Global Revolution says nothing whatsoever of the sort. From two searches (for 'shortages' and 'intervention') here are the closest matches I found:
"Environmental pollution, runaway population growth, food and energy shortages, and geopolitical upheavals make the future prospects of the world seem very bleak."

"They [market mechanisms] cannot by themselves solve problems related to energy, environment, fundamental research, or fairness. Only public intervention, based on political processes and often using market mechanisms as instruments of public policy, can deal with these problems."

Chilling stuff :eek:

You are learning, which is good; you actually provided a source for your claims this time 'round! But if your source is an openly partisan list of quote-mined soundbites editted and posted out of context with no attribution whatsoever, it still doesn't do us a whole lot of good. Given these initial examples, I think we can safely ignore the rest of your list unless you do your own homework, and substantiate them as genuine.

I discovered this doing some basic fact-checking of a challenge to my rhetoric Flogger made in another thread. I was at work at the time, so couldn't really confirm, but as it turns out I was wrong here: From that link to The First Global Revolution, my searches (Ctrl+F) for 'shortages' and 'intervention' still seem accurate. However doing a search for 'enemy,' I come up with something hitherto unseen, but which includes both those words 'shortages' and 'intervention,' and indeed is a close match for much of what is quoted above (page 75).

I don't know why that failure of the document search feature eventuated, and while I couldn't say that's the first time I've seen apparent data- or software- bias (not even the first 'liberal' or 'left-wing' example) it's a little disturbing. Nevertheless, my error (to what extent it was an error) must be acknowledged.

Oh, please. Crying and denying reality? This is getting ridiculous. I've never seen so much butthurt in so few posts. I need to buy stock in tissues.

Sorry no more until you grow up junior..

I discovered this doing some basic fact-checking of a challenge to my rhetoric Flogger made in another thread. I was at work at the time, so couldn't really confirm, but as it turns out I was wrong here: From that link to The First Global Revolution, my searches (Ctrl+F) for 'shortages' and 'intervention' still seem accurate. However doing a search for 'enemy,' I come up with something hitherto unseen, but which includes both those words 'shortages' and 'intervention,' and indeed is a close match for much of what is quoted above (page 75).

I don't know why that failure of the document search feature eventuated, and while I couldn't say that's the first time I've seen apparent data- or software- bias (not even the first 'liberal' or 'left-wing' example) it's a little disturbing. Nevertheless, my error (to what extent it was an error) must be acknowledged.

First party software searches on large pages with a lot of text can often miss words. The problem is most likely the fact a browser in particular has to do a lot more these days than it did when the ctrl+f search feature was implemented. Especially when you take in back ground tasks. Also your processor and amount of memory as well as speed can play a large factor.. Oh and try flushing your internet cache and doing the same search again. It sounds odd but a lot of cookies bog down the system, and some scripts kept in there run automatically when you go online and they can cause some really odd behavior at times.. Also run a anti-virus and malware scan, you may have a browser search hijacker.

Back
Top Bottom