• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enrique Tarrio, three other Proud Boys found guilty of seditious conspiracy

I will make what seems to be an unpopular statement.

This seems to me to be a sad moment for the US. We are jailing our political dissidents. This is not what a free country does. I am not a Trump supporter, and I am ambivalent at best about the Proud Boys. But the only thing that worries me more than the direction my country is going in this regard is the cheering jeers from the people who see these dissidents as their political enemy, and the quickness with which we lap up the narratives of "sedition" and "insurrection".

I consider this a sad day, really.
Fr Berrigan was a dissident. Henry Tarrio is a fascist degenerate who wants to end the Republic.

This conviction sends a necessary and effective message to Americans as a whole. Under no circumstances should ANYONE be allowed to question the government and all opposition to government operations WILL be punished as harshly as possible. We simply can't be a free nation if people are allowed to protest the actions and decisions of government. If our government is oppressed then all of us are oppressed because government is all things to all people and if you oppose government then you are DIRECTLY opposing all people!!!

Amerika Uber Alles!!! Amerika Uber Alles!!!
Nothing to contribute, I see.

That's cutting it pretty fine. IMHO, an enemy of democracy is an enemy of the United States.

Proud Boys: "a far-right, neo-fascist, and exclusively male organization that promotes and engages in political violence in the United States."

Enemy of the state. Public enemy. Take your pick.
I prefer 'domestic terrorists'. That fits all the scum involved.

I am not convinced they are seditionists, and that this is not justice. It looks like a miscarriage of justice to me.

But I am going to read more about what they allegedly did and called for etc. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it. But most of what I see and hear sounds like one political party being pleased that vocal member of the "other side" were found guilty in court.
The jury didn't care what you think. They are now convicted.

I agree that we should have respect for the dead. Saying that, Babbette's action was illegal and threatening to Members of Congress and using deadly force against her was justified.

What's sad is that she was under the influence of Trump's lies and Fox's propaganda. Perhaps her parents can sue Fox for the loss of their child, on the basis of their propaganda caused her to take actions a reasonable person wouldn't, absent their spreading lies.

Her mom is already raking in plenty using her daughters death and the J6 prisoners. At least $2,500,000 just seems to have up and vanished not only from the Ashli funding but also the money made off the J6 choir. She's been getting awfully testy when J callers bring up the fact funds are getting to them. It's not hard to figure out where both Ashli and her brother Roger got their violent law breaking attitudes.

I am by profession and inclination not particularly merciful.

If you steal because you're starving, I don't see any evil, and I would show leniency.

If you decide to stop an election by force because you're not winning, then it's best for you that I don't make the rules...Because if I did, 1/6 would have gone very differently.
1000 LIKES !!

I am not convinced they are seditionists, and that this is not justice. It looks like a miscarriage of justice to me.

But I am going to read more about what they allegedly did and called for etc. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it. But most of what I see and hear sounds like one political party being pleased that vocal member of the "other side" were found guilty in court.
Not "allegedly." The jury are the triers of fact and those are now the facts. These seditionists tried to prevent the peaceful transfer of power to the duly elected President-elect.

Enemies of the republic will continue to pooh pooh their actions.

I will make what seems to be an unpopular statement.

This seems to me to be a sad moment for the US. We are jailing our political dissidents. This is not what a free country does. I am not a Trump supporter, and I am ambivalent at best about the Proud Boys. But the only thing that worries me more than the direction my country is going in this regard is the cheering jeers from the people who see these dissidents as their political enemy, and the quickness with which we lap up the narratives of "sedition" and "insurrection".

I consider this a sad day, really.

I don't want the justice system to be quick about "lapping up narratives" and I avoid that myself. I don't think the problem was about these dissidents. The problem was , and still is that their plans involve violence. We have this law for a reason. If we allow protest coupled with plans for disrupting the government we will allow chaos and no rule of law. Freedom doesn't mean you use violence to break the rules.

The Proud Boys are splintered as an organization, but they still believe in the Big Lie. They are determined to go 'lone wolf' to have a better chance at avoiding detection in their next plans. So they need to communicate to coordinate their next plan , but they also need to separate to stay out of view.

I understand the regret that this happened. Who do you think is responsible?

He will pardon them.

The United States will have ceased to exist if Trump is ever again in a position to pardon anyone.

Why would the Secret Service ever permit an emotionally unstable convict to get close enough to an SS protectee to "hug"?

April 28, 2023

188329ae018c44a505a1028a588a172a

Donald Trump hugged Jan 6. protestor Micki Larson-Olsen at the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, New Hampshire on Thursday.
  • Donald Trump hugged and praised a woman convicted for defying police during the January 6 Capitol riots.
  • During a campaign stop in New Hampshire, Trump said the woman had "been through too much" and told her to "hang in there."
  • Trump has consistently supported people charged with crimes for their roles in the Capitol riot.
Former President Donald Trump hugged and reassured a QAnon supporter who had been convicted of defying police orders during the January 6 Capitol riot, the Washington Post reported.

During a campaign stop in New Hampshire on Thursday, Trump stopped by a famous diner, where Micki Larson-Olson — who was found guilty of resisting officers at the Capitol on Jan. 6 — approached him. Larson-Olsen is a member of Negative 48, a spinoff group of the QAnon movement, according to the Post.

"President Trump, will you please sign my Trump backpack that I carried up to Jan. 6?" She asked, according to the Post. "I went to jail for 161 days for Jan. 6. I'm an Iraq War veteran."

Trump replied, "Patriots, I hear the woman." He then embraced her, took photos with her, and gave her the pen he used to sign her backpack.

"Listen, you just hang in there," Trump told the woman, according to the Post. "You've been through too much. You're going to wind up being happy."

Trump has offered his support for anyone convicted in the Capitol riot, even promising to pardon them if he's re-elected to the presidency in 2024. Trump released a song called "Justice for All" last month with a group of January 6 rioters now serving jail time who call themselves the "J6 Prison Choir."

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

In an interview with the Post after her run-in with Trump, Larson-Olsen explained her actions on Jan. 6.

"It was the most patriotic day of my life," she said. "I refused to walk down from the stairs … because I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and those politicians are domestic enemies to our republic."

I have not seen evidence that the assembly was not peaceful. I have seen supposition and hyperbole. But no real evidence.

I think that the protesters were in the wrong for entering the Capital building. But only one person died as a direct result of what was going on Jan 6th, and she was not a threat.

Your post is obscene. Why do you "de-police" your RWE fantasy description of what happened to whom?

https://www.emptywheel.net › 2023 › 04 › 11 › the-long-list-of-reasons-why-potential-intimidation-of-proud-boy-jurors-must-be-taken-seriously

The Long List of Reasons Why Potential Intimidation of Proud Boy Jurors ...

Apr 11, 2023 "First, there's the fact that defendant Enrique Tarrio has already been investigated in this courthouse for his potential role in a threat against a judge. In 2019, Amy Berman Jackson put Roger Stone under oath and asked how he came to post an Instagram post of her with crosshairs on it..."

Last edited:
I would normally agree with that 150%. And I probably still agree with it 80%. But the whole women and abortion thing has me confused now.
I agree with that aspect. I'm not sure how this will work in 24...the right keeps pushing so it depends on how lax people get

This conviction sends a necessary and effective message to Americans as a whole. Under no circumstances should ANYONE be allowed to question the government and all opposition to government operations WILL be punished as harshly as possible. We simply can't be a free nation if people are allowed to protest the actions and decisions of government. If our government is oppressed then all of us are oppressed because government is all things to all people and if you oppose government then you are DIRECTLY opposing all people!!!

Amerika Uber Alles!!! Amerika Uber Alles!!!

https://archive.is/UihSA Or....

How Hitler Transformed a Democracy Into a Tyranny

bd1eb785f5057c083013f7b4eda727cc04190243.webp

The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com › Books › Book Review
Mar 20, 2020 — HITLER'S FIRST HUNDRED DAYS When Germans Embraced the Third Reich By Peter Fritzsche. How does the rise of Hitler look since the election of ...

A RWE jamboree! It is literally you or us. Bring it on!

https://archive.is/nke7k ...Or,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/05/02/trump-voters-election-deniers-poll/
The Fix

5 striking findings about what the GOP wants in 2024​

Analysis by Aaron Blake
Staff writer
May 2, 2023

Last edited:

I would normally agree with that 150%. And I probably still agree with it 80%. But the whole women and abortion thing has me confused now.

We're sunk if we become so immune to gun violence that it doesn't rate as an issue in the next election. The GOP has been on the wrong side of the polls for years.

I think the extremism isn't subsiding, the issues aren't going to shift much, and the discomfort it creates for Indies might still be there.

yeah ' it's the economy stupid, ' that's the part that bugs me. I wonder if a president who wants to control the economy would have a better chance trying to control a hurricane.

edit - with a lasso

The two questions I would like to ask these guys are, 1- Had you any knowledge of Trump’s history the past several years? If so, why did you believe him? 2- What were you thinking? Did you really think you were going to change the results of an election?

The two questions I would like to ask these guys are, 1- Had you any knowledge of Trump’s history the past several years? If so, why did you believe him? 2- What were you thinking? Did you really think you were going to change the results of an election?
Oh, c'mon..... stop thinking the Proud Boys or Stone were on the outside. Consider that Trump knew Stone since at least 1980 but
always "distanced himself" whenever they were collaborating most closely.

BTW, we're not going to make it, intact, to a November, 2024 presidential election.
The bottom could even drop out, coinciding with the debt ceiling extortion Psy-Op.

One branch down, half the legislative branch, to go!

Harlan Crow: There's nothing wrong with my friendship ...​

The Dallas Morning News
https://www.dallasnews.com › news › 2023/04/17 › harla...

Apr 17, 2023 — “I had never met him,” Crow said. “During that flight, we found out we were kind of simpatico. We're the same age. We grew up in the same ...

The Washington Post
Timeline of Clarence Thomas, Ginni Thomas, Harlan Crow and ethics issues
18 mins ago

Last edited:
Traitor's

Lock them up !
Lock them up !

Oh, c'mon..... stop thinking the Proud Boys or Stone were on the outside. Consider that Trump knew Stone since at least 1980 but
always "distanced himself" whenever they were collaborating most closely.

BTW, we're not going to make it, intact, to a November, 2024 presidential election.
The bottom could even drop out, coinciding with the debt ceiling extortion Psy-Op.

One branch down, half the legislative branch, to go!

Harlan Crow: There's nothing wrong with my friendship ...

The Dallas Morning News
https://www.dallasnews.com › news › 2023/04/17 › harla...
Apr 17, 2023 — “I had never met him,” Crow said. “During that flight, we found out we were kind of simpatico. We're the same age. We grew up in the same ...

The Washington Post
Timeline of Clarence Thomas, Ginni Thomas, Harlan Crow and ethics issues
18 mins ago

My point was, why hitch your wagons to this particular star? I can see the republican establishment holding its nose, since they like Trump judges, environmental non-policy, anti-labor stuff, etc. But what’s in it for the Proud Boys. Were they enamored by the thought of a dictatorship?

This is fun:

Back
Top Bottom