• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

English professor says our troops should shoot their officers....

ANAV said:
I've heard this argument several times. But the troops are not mindless robots that automatically follow orders. It is every member's responsibility to determine if the orders they are following are lawful. By lawful I mean, does the action that I being directed to do violate orders of a more superior officer or the Uniform Code of Military Conduct. If a member follows a known unlawful order then he is just as guilty as the person giving the order. That's why the defense that those involved in the prison abuse trials was meaningless.

So please don't say that it's not the military's job to question orders. It is there job to analyze the orders and question those that are questionable. This must be done using the proper chain of command. If an order is deemed lawful then the member must follow it.

Its just further proof how the left has such disdain for our military....They consider them mindles robots........Gibberish said 2 military people he knew voted for Bush because he had a cuter wife.............That just goes to show how out of touch he is with the military.............

Navy Pride said:
Its just further proof how the left has such disdain for our military....They consider them mindles robots........Gibberish said 2 military people he knew voted for Bush because he had a cuter wife.............That just goes to show how out of touch he is with the military.............

No, Chief, it goes to show he was giving anecdotal evidence of how two people formed their voting policies. I didnt see any evidence of his lack of understanding and compassion and support for his military. Think outside the partisan box.

hipsterdufus said:
That's not a leftist protest - if true, that's insane. Fire him!

And HOW DARE you insult me with "the left doesn't support the troops bull*****", that's a crock and you know it.

Thank you hips, we have gone through a couple of pages on this thread and you are the first one from the left to condemn what Daly said.......I take my hat off to you........

You know my feelings on supporting the troops.......You can't support them if you don't support their mission.....

Navy Pride said:
Do you believe that our troops should shoot their officers? Never mind, judging by your other comments I already know the answer....:roll:
Dude, you never stop, do you? You're now stating that he wants our troops to shoot their officers? Give me a break! Have you no shame at all?

You just love to make up really nasty $hit about people....incredible!

Navy Pride said:
Thank you hips, we have gone through a couple of pages on this thread and you are the first one from the left to condemn what Daly said.......I take my hat off to you........

You know my feelings on supporting the troops.......You can't support them if you don't support their mission.....

I'm not necessarily from the left, but hello...I condemned what he said. I am just not so extreme as to want his arrest for saying it.

Several of my left wing friends have taken exception to me describing them as from the left.........You have the left, center and right......They sure as hell aren't from the center or right so that leaves only the left........For the life of me I don't understand why people from the left or so offended to be labeled that way......I myself am conservative and from the right and proud of it........I wear my conservatism like a badge of glory.......Why don't people on the left wear their liberalism the same way? Why are they so ashamed to be called a liberal or a leftist?

jallman said:
No, Chief, it goes to show he was giving anecdotal evidence of how two people formed their voting policies. I didnt see any evidence of his lack of understanding and compassion and support for his military. Think outside the partisan box.

jallman take a second and read what your buddy gibberish said about the military when it comes to voting.........

26 X World Champs said:
Dude, you never stop, do you? You're now stating that he wants our troops to shoot their officers? Give me a break! Have you no shame at all?

You just love to make up really nasty $hit about people....incredible!

Well dude instead of whinning about it let me hear you condemn what Daly said.......

jallman said:
I'm not necessarily from the left, but hello...I condemned what he said. I am just not so extreme as to want his arrest for saying it.

So jallman where do you draw the line when it comes to speech?

jallman said:

Maybe in your mind it was that way but to say what he said and mean it is and insult to every military person and just shows again what he thinks of our military........

Navy Pride said:
Well dude instead of whinning about it let me hear you condemn what Daly said.......
Do you ever read what people write or do you just free form your posts? I have not read even ONE post that said that what this bogus community college teacher said is legitimate. Have you? Yet you've already made him a spokesmen for the Left, something you do with virtually every person who disagrees with your far right propaganda.

The only thing I've read in this thread are people condemning this idiot and/or people who are defending his right to free speech. Are you not smart enough to understand that defending the first ammendment does not mean that you support the words said or written?

I really don't know why you write what you do, it's so off-base and so out of touch with this world.

26 X World Champs said:
Do you ever read what people write or do you just free form your posts? I have not read even ONE post that said that what this bogus community college teacher said is legitimate. Have you? Yet you've already made him a spokesmen for the Left, something you do with virtually every person who disagrees with your far right propaganda.

The only thing I've read in this thread are people condemning this idiot and/or people who are defending his right to free speech. Are you not smart enough to understand that defending the first ammendment does not mean that you support the words said or written?

I really don't know why you write what you do, it's so off-base and so out of touch with this world.

Well after 10 posts I finally shamed you into condemning him........Not sure how sincere you are in your condemnation though.......

Navy Pride said:
Well after 10 posts I finally shamed you into condemning him........Not sure how sincere you are in your condemnation though.......
Are you for real?

1. I've made exactly TWO posts in this thread before this one. You wrote that I've posted 10. Are you hallucinating or what?

2. My first post pointed out that you condemned another poster for agreeing that enlisted soldiers should shoot their officers when in fact NO ONE ever wrote anything supporting the subject of this threads words. You made the whole thing up in your mind and then you believed what you wrote. You're posts are whacked out crazy $hit man.

You're not sure how sincere my posts are? :rofl Christ I am sure about your posts, no doubts in my mind.

How come you never write more than two sentences? How come you never debate? How come?

Navy Pride said:
So jallman where do you draw the line when it comes to speech?

I dont draw a line when it comes to speech...its just speech. Now if he were actively organizing rallies with the intent of overthrowing the government...or he were to be in a position of authority over some soldiers and made such comments, then there would be a problem. But as it stands, he was mouthing off in a deplorable way, but that comes nowhere near criminal sedition.

Navy Pride said:
Several of my left wing friends have taken exception to me describing them as from the left.........You have the left, center and right......They sure as hell aren't from the center or right so that leaves only the left........For the life of me I don't understand why people from the left or so offended to be labeled that way......I myself am conservative and from the right and proud of it........I wear my conservatism like a badge of glory.......Why don't people on the left wear their liberalism the same way? Why are they so ashamed to be called a liberal or a leftist?
Maybe because you use "lefty" as an insult by putting them in the same category as extreme idiots like Michael Moore and this dumb ass professor?

It's illegal to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theatre, unless there's actually a fire. Freedom of speech ends there, when you can reasonably KNOW that your words will incide a dangerous or deadly situation. The professor's words do not fall into this category, because there is no reasonable way to conclude that military personnel would be shot as a result of what he wrote to a college coed. He's an idiot, and should be fired, but he should not be jailed.

Civil rights and the law be damned. If the weasel had done that to my daughter, he would be in danger of having to teach with his jaws wired shut.
The least I would do is give him the opportunity to meet me in the parking lot after school. Sometimes we are just too civil, too tolerant, and way too permissive if we are letting tirdburds like him use his classroom authority in an inappropriate manner. His responsibility there is to teach English, not use his classroom as a pulpit to preach propaganda of his own choosing to students who PAID to be there to learn English. He is an employee of an institution of education, not president of political persecution.
And his boss should make him write all that on the chalk board 1000 times, in front of his class.

But aside from all that, he is just a community college teacher, probably the best he can do in life, and probably bitter about it, and has to lash out at somebody to inflate his pathetic little ego, and therefore assist his "little boy" in getting an erection so his masturbation will be a bit more pleasureable.
I would bet money the little prick is single and destined to stay that way.:lol:

BTW, he is gone. Check out the link...
http://www.warren.cc.nj.us/

Last edited:
jallman said:
I dont draw a line when it comes to speech...its just speech. Now if he were actively organizing rallies with the intent of overthrowing the government...or he were to be in a position of authority over some soldiers and made such comments, then there would be a problem. But as it stands, he was mouthing off in a deplorable way, but that comes nowhere near criminal sedition.

Well what if a soldier in Iraq took him up on his suggestion and murdered one of his officers?

Binary_Digit said:
Maybe because you use "lefty" as an insult by putting them in the same category as extreme idiots like Michael Moore and this dumb ass professor?

Do you have any idea how many brainwashed people think Michael Moore is the next coming? Moore, Churchill, and Daly all have followings in their left wing thinking........

UtahBill said:
Civil rights and the law be damned. If the weasel had done that to my daughter, he would be in danger of having to teach with his jaws wired shut.
The least I would do is give him the opportunity to meet me in the parking lot after school. Sometimes we are just too civil, too tolerant, and way too permissive if we are letting tirdburds like him use his classroom authority in an inappropriate manner. His responsibility there is to teach English, not use his classroom as a pulpit to preach propaganda of his own choosing to students who PAID to be there to learn English. He is an employee of an institution of education, not president of political persecution.
And his boss should make him write all that on the chalk board 1000 times, in front of his class.

But aside from all that, he is just a community college teacher, probably the best he can do in life, and probably bitter about it, and has to lash out at somebody to inflate his pathetic little ego, and therefore assist his "little boy" in getting an erection so his masturbation will be a bit more pleasureable.
I would bet money the little prick is single and destined to stay that way.:lol:

BTW, he is gone. Check out the link...
http://www.warren.cc.nj.us/

That is great to see but I still think this scumbag should be brought up on charges........

Navy Pride said:
Do you have any idea how many brainwashed people think Michael Moore is the next coming? Moore, Churchill, and Daly all have followings in their left wing thinking........
Do you have any idea how many brainwashed people agree with Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson? Do you want to be painted with the same brush? Neither do I!

Michael Moore is an idiot. He does not speak for me. Ann Coulter is an idiot. I hope she does not speak for you. They are extreme fringe radical idiots who should be ignored. They do not represent the mainstream left or right. I'm smart enough to realize the right-wing has its own share of radical idiots, and they don't speak for the mainstream bona-fide conservatives. Can you say the same?

Well what if a soldier in Iraq took him up on his suggestion and murdered one of his officers?
Then that soldier should be brought up on charges. They don't take orders from arbitrary college professors, they take orders from superiors in their chain of command. You were in the military, you should know this!

Navy Pride said:
That is great to see but I still think this scumbag should be brought up on charges........
Yeah, a few months in with the big boys should loosen up his ass.
How liberal will he be after that?

"I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Beatrice Hall

Binary_Digit said:
"I disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Beatrice Hall

I prefer, " I disagree with what you say, but you can fight to your death your right to say it, should you find someone even more disagreeable than yourself who also disagrees with you, and until then take your whacko ideas down the road".:2wave:

Down the road, yes. Into jail, no.

Back
Top Bottom