• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

English professor says our troops should shoot their officers....

Navy Pride said:
I guess I am old fashioned Kelzie........I support the troops with my whole heart and soul.......I have never been to Iraq and I wish I was young enough that the military would take me back and I would volunteer to go there.......I don't think you would have to have gone there to support the troops.......

I don't think anyone should criticize or put the troops down of they have never been to Iraq............

That is just me though......

But that makes no sense. You can't have it one way and not the other.

Kelzie said:
But that makes no sense. You can't have it one way and not the other.

Kelzie, you or I don't have to fo to Iraq to support the troops but if a politician is critical of them shouldn't he have the facts and isn't Iraq where he would get them?

Navy Pride said:
Kelzie, you or I don't have to fo to Iraq to support the troops but if a politician is critical of them shouldn't he have the facts and isn't Iraq where he would get them?

But he doesn't have to go there to get his facts if he's supporting them?

Kelzie said:
But he doesn't have to go there to get his facts if he's supporting them?

Wouldn't you say that is the best place to go to find out what is happening? That is what Leiberman did 4 times in 17 months........Who would you think knows more about the issue?

Navy Pride said:
Wouldn't you say that is the best place to go to find out what is happening? That is what Leiberman did 4 times in 17 months........Who would you think knows more about the issue?

So are you also saying they can't support the war unless they've been there?

Navy Pride said:
I guess I am old fashioned Kelzie........I support the troops with my whole heart and soul.......I have never been to Iraq and I wish I was young enough that the military would take me back and I would volunteer to go there.......I don't think you would have to have gone there to support the troops.......

I don't think anyone should criticize or put the troops down of they have never been to Iraq............

That is just me though......

Naval Prizzle gizoing ol' skizzle! LOL
(Navy Pride is going old school)

Kelzie said:
So are you also saying they can't support the war unless they've been there?

No I am saying if your going to criticize the troops you better have your facts straight and the best way to do that is go there and check it out.....

Navy Pride said:
No I am saying if your going to criticize the troops you better have your facts straight and the best way to do that is go there and check it out.....

Well, if you are going to support them you should probably have your facts straight too, right?

Only those who have witnessed war can know how this art form is carried out. Yes, I called it an art form. Wanna fight aboudit? lol.

Kelzie said:
Well, if you are going to support them you should probably have your facts straight too, right?

Kelzie, its a good thing to support the troops even if you don't have all the facts............Surely you agree with that......

Donkey1499 said:
Only those who have witnessed war can know how this art form is carried out. Yes, I called it an art form. Wanna fight aboudit? lol.

You are sure frisky tonight my friend........:lol:

Navy Pride said:
Kelzie, its a good thing to support the troops even if you don't have all the facts............Surely you agree with that......

Not at all. Blind support is just as bad as blind criticism.

Navy Pride said:

Yeah, I support the New York Giants, but I don't know anything about their personal lives. I don't know their motives or personalities. But I support them anyways. I also support their cause, which is to make it to the playoffs, then to the Superbowl.

Supporting the troops, but not supporting their cause would be like me supporting the Giants, but not wanting them to make the playoffs, let alone the superbowl. See how it doesn't make sense? The logic of the anti-war crowd is lacking.

Kelzie said:
Not at all. Blind support is just as bad as blind criticism.

Who said anything about blind support.........I am just saying I don't have to go to Iraq to support the troops and if I am a senator and criticizing the troops then I had better have all the facts..........

I think there are a lot of people in this country who support the troops because they love them and don't want to see them wounded or killed......

Navy Pride said:
Who said anything about blind support.........I am just saying I don't have to go to Iraq to support the troops and if I am a senator and criticizing the troops then I had better have all the facts..........

I think there are a lot of people in this country who support the troops because they love them and don't want to see them wounded or killed......

You're saying you don't have to go to Iraq to support your opinion, but you have to go to Iraq to support the opposite opinion. That is not logical.

Kelzie said:
You're saying you don't have to go to Iraq to support your opinion, but you have to go to Iraq to support the opposite opinion. That is not logical.

Do you even read my posts?

There are many reasons to support the troops..........It is a good thing to support the troops.....

If your against the troops you better have a good reason....You better have the facts.......I think someone like Leiberman who is in your party and who has been to Iraq 4 times in 17 months would have a better idea what is going on then someone then a senator sitting here in the states criticizing the troops effort.........

Navy Pride said:
Do you even read my posts?

There are many reasons to support the troops..........It is a good thing to support the troops.....

If your against the troops you better have a good reason....You better have the facts.......I think someone like Leiberman who is in your party and who has been to Iraq 4 times in 17 months would have a better idea what is going on then someone then a senator sitting here in the states criticizing the troops effort.........

Ok, but show us some facts of why it's good to support the troops. I already know why, but I want to see it from your POV, Mr. Seaman. lol

If we need facts for opposition then where's the facts for supporting them? I think that this is what Ms. Kelzie wants to know.

Donkey1499 said:
Ok, but show us some facts of why it's good to support the troops. I already know why, but I want to see it from your POV, Mr. Seaman. lol

If we need facts for opposition then where's the facts for supporting them? I think that this is what Ms. Kelzie wants to know.

Do you think a wife whose husband is in Iraq can support the war because her husband is there and she loves him and not know a thing about the politics involved?

Enough said..........

Navy Pride said:
Do you think a wife whose husband is in Iraq can support the war because her husband is there and she loves him and not know a thing about the politics involved?

Enough said..........

?

No, enough wasn't said. Who cares about some bimbo and her Nazi husband who is collecting muslim heads? LOL J/K

But really. That doesn't answer my question to the qualifications I expected from you for the answer that I wanted when really you probably don't have an answer. So I'll give you some time to give me a better answer. ok?

Donkey1499 said:
?

No, enough wasn't said. Who cares about some bimbo and her Nazi husband who is collecting muslim heads? LOL J/K

But really. That doesn't answer my question to the qualifications I expected from you for the answer that I wanted when really you probably don't have an answer. So I'll give you some time to give me a better answer. ok?

What are you smoking tonight?:lol:

But still, Naval Prizzle. What facts make it clear for one to support the troops? One possibility is because they are fellow Americans, but so are hippies and I hate hippies. So there must be another reason. Hmmm..... I know, because they give up their lives for our country and to keep us safe. Yeah, that's the ticket! But there are other reasons. What's your reason?

Donkey1499 said:
Sausage..... mmmmm. And don't twist it into something sexual either, cuz it's not. I know how sick you sailors can be sometimes. Arrrgh! lol

Bwahahahahaha...you said sausa...oh. I just read where you said "don't twist it into something sexual." Oh well, too late.

Back
Top Bottom