• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Embattled Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz is denied a meeting with Trump (4/11/21)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

CNN)Rep. Matt Gaetz, who's facing a federal investigation into sex trafficking allegations, was recently denied a meeting with Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago estate as the ex-President and his allies continue to distance themselves from the Florida congressman.

Two people familiar with the matter said Gaetz tried to schedule a visit with Trump after it was first revealed that he was being investigated, but the request was rejected by aides close to the former President, who have urged Trump not to stick his neck out to defend Gaetz. Harlan Hill, a spokesman for Gaetz, said the congressman did not request a meeting with Trump this week.

"Rep. Gaetz was welcomed to Trump Doral this week and has not sought to meet with President Trump himself," Hill said in a statement to CNN, claiming that Gaetz has "been mostly relaxing with his fiancée this week during recess."
==================================================================
Trump is a desperate Gaetz's last hope before he gets arrested & gets perp walked out of the Capitol. As with his requested preemptive pardon, this didn't work out for him. Trump wants to keep a distance away from Gaetz.

"Rep. Gaetz was welcomed to Trump Doral this week and has not sought to meet with President Trump himself," Hill said in a statement to CNN, claiming that Gaetz has "been mostly relaxing with his fiancée this week during recess."
In other words Gaetz was just down the road from Mar a Lago but couldn't get in to say hi to his buddy Trump. That's a shame 🤣

I doubt all his time with his fiancée has been relaxing. I bet he's had to do some explaining.

He's just another in a long line of former Trump devotees who learn the hard way when ol' Uncle Donny no longer has any use for you you're dropped like a hot rock....buh bye! Trump is so toxic and has been for so long it continues to amaze me that people still would want to have a thing to do with him. Sure, there's the base...Yes, I would think his fiance would be wondering what the hell has been going on, he definately has some explaining to do. Would dearly love to see his pompous, entitled ass out of Congress!

Why would he want to go to mar a lago? Ivanka is too old even for Trump now.

He's just another in a long line of former Trump devotees who learn the hard way when ol' Uncle Donny no longer has any use for you you're dropped like a hot rock....buh bye! Trump is so toxic and has been for so long it continues to amaze me that people still would want to have a thing to do with him. Sure, there's the base...Yes, I would think his fiance [sic] would be wondering what the hell has been going on, he definately [sic] has some explaining to do. Would dearly love to see his pompous, entitled ass out of Congress!

Perhaps the congressman isn't yet aware that Mr. Trump no longer has the power to pardon criminals.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Well, Gaetz didn't always vote for what Trump supported. Gaetz was the only member of Congress to vote against a human trafficking bill, which are designed to combat sex trafficking, that Trump signed and also issued EOs on to help thwart such trafficking. That vote should have had the little voice in the back of peoples' minds go off that speaks to conscience and says "Huh?"

He's just another in a long line of former Trump devotees who learn the hard way when ol' Uncle Donny no longer has any use for you you're dropped like a hot rock....buh bye!

Apparently, Gaetz has nothing for Trump and was relying solely on his past approved behavior to garner some good will from Trump.

Oh well, live and learn!

I doubt all his time with his fiancée has been relaxing. I bet he's had to do some explaining.

That bs is meant to present a picture of a woman comfortable with him.

I'll start a movement to cancel QR codes, problem solved.

Never happen.

We may eventually carry or wear QR codes as identification & vaccination passports.

Apparently, Gaetz has nothing for Trump and was relying solely on his past approved behavior to garner some good will from Trump.

Oh well, live and learn!

His approved bad behavior.

Back
Top Bottom