• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk says Twitter has had ‘massive’ revenue drop as advertisers pause spending

Right wing boycotts. Were you not paying attention? Of course you weren't.
So, if there were boycotts, they fizzled out and were short-lived.

What I find interesting is that the left is all for boycotts, outing, doxxing, and canceling when it is against conservatives but when it is against a company with leftist policies you scream bloody murder. The left is the king of making people boycott others. Does the name Kayne West ring a bill?

Why is this?

So, if there were boycotts, they fizzled out and were short-lived.

What I find interesting is that the left is all for boycotts, outing, doxxing, and canceling when it is against conservatives but when it is against a company with leftist policies you scream bloody murder. The left is the king of making people boycott others. Does the name Kayne West ring a bill?

Why is this?
Who is screaming "bloody murder?". I was just pointing out that this whole "the left hates free speech" line is partisan trash as the right has their fair share of boycotting companies and individuals they don't like.

I certainly don’t want someone else deciding what I am rational enough to be allowed to hear (say) or read (write).
Yes you do if you want fraudsters to be prosecuted. You think swindlers and con men should be free to do what they do too?

Who is screaming "bloody murder?". I was just pointing out that this whole "the left hates free speech" line is partisan trash as the right has their fair share of boycotting companies and individuals they don't like.
Our governor here in Florida thinks he can fire elected officials for speaking their mind and penalized Disney for speaking up too. There is ZERO tolerance for free speech once a Republican is in power. They talk a big game but it is all lies.

Our governor here in Florida thinks he can fire elected officials for speaking their mind and penalized Disney for speaking up too. There is ZERO tolerance for free speech once a Republican is in power. They talk a big game but it is all lies.
Yeah, and that's actual use of government force against speech. Not consumer demand.

Yes you do if you want fraudsters to be prosecuted. You think swindlers and con men should be free to do what they do too?

Trying to twist what I said into that is ridiculous. Cite one instance where I said that criminal speech or fraud should not be prosecuted?

You are trying to equate spewing some ‘conspiracy theory’ or expressing some other idea labeled as “disinformation” on Twitter with committing a crime. Using apples and cinder blocks analogies is not very convincing.

Trying to twist what I said into that is ridiculous. Cite one instance where I said that criminal speech or fraud should not be prosecuted?

You are trying to equate spewing some ‘conspiracy theory’ or expressing some other idea labeled as “disinformation” on Twitter with committing a crime. Using apples and cinder blocks analogies is not very convincing.
Hate speech and speech advocating violence based on lies is ok though right?

Hate speech and speech advocating violence based on lies is ok though right?

Again, there is a huge difference between being OK and being a criminal act. Linking to or referring to the NYP Hunter Biden laptop articles was neither hate speech nor advocating violence, yet that was censored or flagged as being (likely?) “misinformation”.

Again, there is a huge difference between being OK and being a criminal act. Linking to or referring to the NYP Hunter Biden laptop articles was neither hate speech nor advocating violence, yet that was censored or flagged as being (likely?) “misinformation”.
Because it's misinformation.

Yeah, riggghhhtt. Gotcha

Because it's misinformation.

Based on what?

Last edited:
Whatever you need to disengage now that your trite argument has been trounced.
The day you trounce an argument I make will never happen.

” I took a dump on the bar and broke all the windows out, now no one wants to come to my bar & grill!”

Based on what?

Based on the fact that it's misinformation. Literally nothing about the story has changed that substantiates it since the laptop was first revealed by Giuliani.

lol

Keep running.
From what? That you won’t respond to the liberals being the ones who cancel people, suspend them, out them, did them, harass them, hit Pelosi with a hammer, boycott, riot?
why is this?

From what? That you won’t respond to the liberals being the ones who cancel people, suspend them, out them, did them, harass them, hit Pelosi with a hammer, boycott, riot?
why is this?
I didn't say they didn't boycott shit. I just said they don't have the monopoly on it.

lol

You seem to be back to misrepresentation and lying.

As a Volkswagen owner, I wouldn’t wish a VW on my worst enemy. They completely suck balls.
Ok, considering diesel gate et al, it is not the best vehicle recommendation. But it would put Elon in his place.

Some really nice people buy Teslas too. Man, the vitriol people get for buying an EV is just too much.

I must be biased. It makes me smile every time I see a spaceX booster turn around and land on their little automated drone ship.

Not everything is gold, for sure, but not everything is shit either.
No one has a problem with evs.

But giving money to Elon Musk, instead of another company, lead directly to this. It's not like he hid who he was...

How so? By proxy of purchasing a product? This seems almost moronically reductive to me.
By giving billions of dollars directly to this megalomaniac. Those billions allowed this purchase. They have literally given him so much of their money, he now can do things like this without consequences.

No one has a problem with evs.

But giving money to Elon Musk, instead of another company, lead directly to this. It's not like he hid who he was...
Let me give that a moment's thought.

Yeah, I still don't get it.

You mean to tell me that car buyers who are looking to buy, perhaps their first, EV need to consider not only the best car for their money with the best range and charging options and all the rest of the crazy EV questions... they also need to predict what the CEO of that car company might do perhaps years down the road with the profit from their $50k purchase?

This "lead directly" is not so direct as you make it out to be.

Ok, considering diesel gate et al, it is not the best vehicle recommendation. But it would put Elon in his place.

I’m not even talking about that. I’m talking about stretched timing chains and faulty tensioners in an interference engine, causing catastrophic engine failure; plastic water pump impellers that break; windows that spontaneously explode; faulty high-pressure fuel pumps; blown turbochargers; leaky panoramic sunroofs; carbon buildup on the tops of intake valves and in intake manifolds; plastic intake manifold flappers that break; blown head gaskets; faulty transmissions; leaky main seals; faulty ignition coils; etc. Newer VWs really suck. You have to go back half-a-century to a German-made bug to find one worth a damn. I mean, they’re stylish and have great features and technology (when it works), but they’re not worth the headaches, even if you have a great warranty. I’d rather own boring, like a Toyota, if it means I’m not wasting my time taking my car to a shop or dealership for repairs and don’t have to waste money buying an extended warranty. Plus VW resale value blows, just like their engines.

As for Teslas, I’ve heard they suffer from issues, but, because I’ve never owned one personally, I’ll cease my rant and let someone else comment.

I’m not even talking about that. I’m talking about stretched timing chains and faulty tensioners in an interference engine, causing catastrophic engine failure; plastic water pump impellers that break; windows that spontaneously explode; faulty high-pressure fuel pumps; blown turbochargers; leaky panoramic sunroofs; carbon buildup on the tops of intake valves and in intake manifolds; plastic intake manifold flappers that break; blown head gaskets; faulty transmissions; leaky main seals; faulty ignition coils; etc. Newer VWs really suck. You have to go back half-a-century to a German-made bug to find one worth a damn. I mean, they’re stylish and have great features and technology (when it works), but they’re not worth the headaches, even if you have a great warranty. I’d rather own boring, like a Toyota, if it means I’m not wasting my time taking my car to a shop or dealership for repairs and don’t have to waste money buying an extended warranty. Plus VW resale value blows, just like their engines.

As for Teslas, I’ve heard they suffer from issues, but, because I’ve never owned one personally, I’ll cease my rant and let someone else comment.
Jesus hotsauce Christmas cake! I used Volkswagen as a placeholder! If they're even half that bad, then don't buy them! Your review is powerful and knowledgeable... I just flipped a car company into the options one could purchase instead of Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom