• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk Says He Has Moved to Texas

Elon Picks Texas Over Taxes

A Tale of Two States

Elon Musk has finally had enough of California, and has moved to Texas:

Excellent. The kind of employment he'll be offering in Texas will attract a wide array of highly educated (liberal) talent, thus contributing to the push to make Texas blue in time for 2024.

Excellent. The kind of employment he'll be offering in Texas will attract a wide array of highly educated (liberal) talent, thus contributing to the push to make Texas blue in time for 2024.

Me: Elon Musk has announced he's moving to Mars
You: Excellent. We shall chase them there. I am Libtardus of Borg. You will be assimilated.

1rb547.jpg

FYI, liberals aren't educated - or at least they're not competent. If they were, they'd want jobs through actual merit rather than affirmative action and identity politics.
Notice that Musk famously says that he doesn't hire people based on the brand name of their school. He hires people based on what they can actually do.

Plenty of people are leaving California -- and what is California then left with? It's just a sunny shit hole.
Eventually, as all the liberals flee the shit piles of their own making and the shit holes they've dug for themselves, then those areas will become barren wastelands. And then enterprising pioneering people will move back there to remake them anew.

This has been seen with urban boroughs that were once ethnic ghettos. The ethnic ghetto people left those ghettos to chase a better life in the suburbs, with a consequent increase in crime in these areas, and then in the meantime the urban ghettos have become depleted, with new young families moving into them and rehabilitating the neighborhoods.

Libtards always express their hatred for certain sections of society -- but meantime they're always greedily chasing them and hoping to move in with them.

More and more people are leaving California/NY to red states, and republicans love to brag that it proves democratic-run states are awful...

..while at the same time forgetting that that means republican states being purple/blue in the future. Laugh all you want.

Texas is going blue very soon. Arizona just did.

Go figure, a guy who built his wealth on theft, avoidance of taxes, exploitation of others’ labor, and exploitation of white supremacy moves to a state where the ruling party will ensure he can go back to his old ways.

More and more people are leaving California/NY to red states, and republicans love to brag that it proves democratic-run states are awful...

..while at the same time forgetting that that means republican states being purple/blue in the future. Laugh all you want.

Texas is going blue very soon. Arizona just did.

The locust phenomenon is as old as biology itself. Locusts don't think beyond their next meal. Ants always flock to picnics.
You still haven't figured out what happens if you turn Texas, etc into the same shitholes as California's turning into -- what do you do then?

If all the smart people leave the Earth, then you still won't feel happy - you'll just be looking for some way to follow them.

Go figure, a guy who built his wealth on theft, avoidance of taxes, exploitation of others’ labor, and exploitation of white supremacy moves to a state where the ruling party will ensure he can go back to his old ways.

Ohh, so that means you should be able to accomplish all the things he has, without him.
Let me know when that happens.

The locust phenomenon is as old as biology itself. Locusts don't think beyond their next meal. Ants always flock to picnics.
You still haven't figured out what happens if you turn Texas, etc into the same shitholes as California's turning into -- what do you do then?

If all the smart people leave the Earth, then you still won't feel happy - you'll just be looking for some way to follow them.

What do liberals do then? After making Texas nice then, as gentrification tends to go, real estate prices go up, artists are pushed into cheaper real estate states, make them chic, upper end businesses move in, real estate values go up, and so on and so forth. This process could go on all the way to West Virginia, eventually.

What do liberals do then? After making Texas nice then, as gentrification tends to go, real estate prices go up, artists are pushed into cheaper real estate states, make them chic, upper end businesses move in, real estate values go up, and so on and so forth. This process could go on all the way to West Virginia, eventually.

So why are people leaving utopian paradises like California and New York then? Reality doesn't seem to conform to your imagination.

Scraping around in the bottom of the dumpster, looking for something good.
Must suck being committed to the right whinge these days.

It's the Left who are hard-up, having to salivate over what they hope to grab, since they can't produce anything useful.

Supply and demand.

Supply of what? Demand of what?

You mean people want to live in shitty neighborhoods? Not really. They're leaving because they don't want to live in filth.

Ohh, so that means you should be able to accomplish all the things he has, without him.
Let me know when that happens.

You would do well to look up Elon Musk’s actual history and how he made his first millions. The words “stolen”, “Apartheid”, “emerald mine”, and “father’s” will be in it.

And yeah, in Texas I could accomplish the same things as him, if I was a sociopath with the same degree of privilege.

You would do well to look up Elon Musk’s actual history and how he made his first millions. The words “stolen”, “Apartheid”, “emerald mine”, and “father’s” will be in it.

I'm aware of the story, like so much other libtard mythology. The reality is that Musk moved to Canada and lived on his own, working odd jobs, having to scrounge to survive. He's a self-made man.

Buddy, I've had family members who've lived in South Africa under apartheid -- and on the wrong side of it. Many are trying to get the hell out of South Africa, post-apartheid.
That place is being turned into a shit hole, like Zimbabwe did before it.

And yeah, in Texas I could accomplish the same things as him, if I was a sociopath with the same degree of privilege.

Interesting how someone's success automatically attracts your hate.

So I guess Lebron James must be a privileged sociopath too, to have been successful.

It's the Left who are hard-up, having to salivate over what they hope to grab, since they can't produce anything useful.
Look at you, making a party because a very rich guy moved to Texas. Does this mean you're a Tesla fan now, a supporter of electric cars, trucks and buses?
Maybe that's how Texas will flip- the red right suckholing to billionaires who make big bucks in green industry. You'll be signing a Greenpeace membership card next, and voting for Democrats on the school board.

Look at you, making a party because a very rich guy moved to Texas. Does this mean you're a Tesla fan now, a supporter of electric cars, trucks and buses?
Maybe that's how Texas will flip- the red right suckholing to billionaires who make big bucks in green industry. You'll be signing a Greenpeace membership card next, and voting for Democrats on the school board.

Conservatives aren't against environmentalism, or renewable energy, or electric vehicles -- they're just against imposing it on everyone by fiat.

The reality is that renewable energy and electric vehicles can succeed on a competitive basis, without having to be imposed by govt fiat.

Musk will build electric Cybertrucks in sunny Texas, where they can be solar powered and cost competitive. Meanwhile in California, only the elites from Hollywood and Big Tech will be able to afford such vehicles, while the festering feral hordes of homeless criminals try to carjack them.

Silicon Valley will fall apart, and be reborn in Texas and other functioning states.

Supply of what? Demand of what?

Beautiful land and lots of jobs. Endless recreation, sight seeing, and entertainment opportunities.

But all of this has driven real estate prices through the roof. At a certain point a dude who's not a billionaire just wants to have a house of his own instead of living in an apartment forever. You want more space, a back yard, and to stop sinking your money into a place that'll never, ever be yours.

It's give and take. What's more important to you? All those lifestyle opportunities or a home of your own? Everybody makes those decisions for themselves, and often those decisions change as you get older.

Yes, I'm talking about myself. I miss California a lot, but man, I was so over living in an apartment in which you had to keep the tv down or you'd piss of the neighbors (and visa versa). That gets really old after a while. And sure, I could have gotten a [really tiny] house if I had a cool million, but I hate to admit it -- that just wasn't in the stars. And looking at all the much, much wealthier people in their beautiful homes kinda got under my skin after a while. So it was either stay there and get more resentful or leave and have a big, beautiful place of my own. And I made my decision.

I know a lot of artists who made the move to Texas because of the cheap real estate, and they missed California for a long time but they did get a house and that's important to a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom