• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Election night: Where will you be?

boxedin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I expect many here will be watching-- at least in some part-- the election results coming in as the night wears on? Others might be directly participating, working as poll workers or watchers.

Still others might be riding up and down in pickup trucks with huge banners proclaiming adoration for their favorite candidate and brandishing assault rifles. Kidding! Well... sorta, not really I guess... 😟

We typically start paying attention to TV coverage around 8pm or so, switching back and forth between channels to avoid commercials.

Hard to say how late we'll stay up given all the predictions about how long it might take to declare a winner. Hopefully by midnight or so we'll at least have a pretty good idea which way the political wind's blowing.

Ideally, I'll be at home watching multiple networks and scanning the intertubes.

I am planning on giving my acceptance speech after people writing my name in beats both candidates - however if that proves to be unlikely for any reason - I'll either be at home playing some Fifa and trying to ignore the news or possibly watching lots of news and posting about it online.

Doing lines with Trump Jnr and a bunch of hotties

Smoking the devil's weed,

On my couch. Right arm wrapped around the missus. Left hand around a glass a Lagavulan. Stupid cat sleeping on my feet.

I'm not going to watch it. I'm going to bed.

I'll prob be where I am right now...outside but with a beer and at least 3 streams going. The first ones that start to cry will indicate where it will fall.

Oh and on here posting.

I am planning on giving my acceptance speech after people writing my name in beats both candidates - however if that proves to be unlikely for any reason - I'll either be at home playing some Fifa and trying to ignore the news or possibly watching lots of news and posting about it online.

Better start working on it, I dropped off over a hundred million ballots with your name written on them here in Ohio!

Back
Top Bottom