• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

During the Jan 6th Insurrection, someone in the White House called a rioter's phone.

BOMBSHELL: 60 Minutes Reporting White House ... - Daily Kos​

https://www.dailykos.com › story

14 hours ago — Former senior technical adviser for the January 6 Committee, Denver Riggleman, said the White House switchboard connected a phone call to a ...

Jan. 6 committee hires former GOP congressman Denver ...​

https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2021/08/07

Aug 7, 2021 — The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol has hired former Virginia congressman Denver Riggleman ...

Top Republican staffer on January 6 committee leaving - CNN​

https://www.cnn.com › 2022/04/27 › politics › denver-rig...

Apr 27, 2022 — Former GOP Rep. Denver Riggleman of Virginia, who has served as a staff member to the January 6 select committee, will leave that position ...

Tell us something we don't already know. ;)

".....I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump—I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough—until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad....."

What a great article. It describes how Trump ratchets things up very slowly, very incrementally, but relentlessly, inching ever closer to violence if he doesn't get his way. This was written in 2019. Was it prophetic or what:

"Authoritarianism is a slip and a slide, inch by inch, as a leader slowly backs an SUV over the republic of which citizens handed him control. The goal is to move the window of what is acceptable to talk about slowly but decisively, until what you talked about becomes something that can be done. It might feel like the same old thing over and over, but there are new elements each time, a new outrage to digest until it becomes an old outrage and, ultimately, a part of life.

This has been a banner week for democratic backsliding. On Wednesday, Donald Trump, American president, gave an interview to Breitbart, the once-prominent right-wing content machine that was caught laundering white-nationalist propaganda into the mainstream. In the interview, he hits a familiar refrain—but ratchets things up a notch.

“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. OK? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump—I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough—until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that’s all they want to do is —you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.
Leave aside, for a moment, the scattergun syntax and the deeply preposterous idea the Republican Benghazi Party doesn't like itself a congressional investigation. This is the real deal: Here is the president hinting his political opposition could be met with force if "they go to a certain point." What is the "certain point"? Impeachment? Defeating him in the 2020 presidential election? Merely continuing to investigate him in Congress?"

Trump Suggests His Supporters Could Turn to Political Violence If His Opponents 'Go to a Certain Point'The slide into authoritarian rhetoric continues with talk of the military and Bikers for Trump.

609b064c-5c45-48db-af2e-603beb23f36e_1644425675.file
By Jack HolmesPublished: Mar 14, 2019 - Esquire Magazine

What a great article. It describes how Trump ratchets things up very slowly, very incrementally, but relentlessly, inching ever closer to violence if he doesn't get his way. This was written in 2019. Was it prophetic or what:

"Authoritarianism is a slip and a slide, inch by inch, as a leader slowly backs an SUV over the republic of which citizens handed him control. The goal is to move the window of what is acceptable to talk about slowly but decisively, until what you talked about becomes something that can be done. It might feel like the same old thing over and over, but there are new elements each time, a new outrage to digest until it becomes an old outrage and, ultimately, a part of life.

This has been a banner week for democratic backsliding. On Wednesday, Donald Trump, American president, gave an interview to Breitbart, the once-prominent right-wing content machine that was caught laundering white-nationalist propaganda into the mainstream. In the interview, he hits a familiar refrain—but ratchets things up a notch.

Leave aside, for a moment, the scattergun syntax and the deeply preposterous idea the Republican Benghazi Party doesn't like itself a congressional investigation. This is the real deal: Here is the president hinting his political opposition could be met with force if "they go to a certain point." What is the "certain point"? Impeachment? Defeating him in the 2020 presidential election? Merely continuing to investigate him in Congress?"

Trump Suggests His Supporters Could Turn to Political Violence If His Opponents 'Go to a Certain Point'The slide into authoritarian rhetoric continues with talk of the military and Bikers for Trump.

609b064c-5c45-48db-af2e-603beb23f36e_1644425675.file
By Jack HolmesPublished: Mar 14, 2019 - Esquire Magazine

Yeah, his turn to qanon follows play book.

I swear, Donald Trump is the most sissified wannabe tyrant in the history of tyrants. Tease and innuendo... that's all he's got. Give me an old-fashioned tyrant who gets up there and shakes his fist and slobbers madly into the microphone... you know?

Yeah, his turn to qanon follows play book.
The next incremental step in extremism.

Trump is becoming an extremist. He is condoning extremism. And he is bringing his base incrementally closer and closer to extremism, bringing extremism into the main stream.

He held a rally recently in which Q music was being played and a whole throng of extremists and conspiracy theorists held up index fingers in a Q salute to Trump.

What's next? Pictures of JFK Jr behind him at rallies?

There were also more than a few agent provocateurs, FBI, Capitol Police and non-Trump supporters from other agencies taking part in the riot.
So you are con-vinced that trump cultists are THAT STUPID they are easily led? Well, I can agree with the STUPID part.

I swear, Donald Trump is the most sissified wannabe tyrant in the history of tyrants. Tease and innuendo... that's all he's got. Give me an old-fashioned tyrant who gets up there and shakes his fist and slobbers madly into the microphone... you know?

I dunno. He could get to that point. He is inching incrementally closer and closer to being the wild-man with the duped adoring throngs who believe he can do no wrong, not even a possibility of it. Got him up on a pedestal, they do. If he passed out koolaid with poison and told them to drink it they would. Oh, but of course he wouldn't do that. He needs their votes. And you know what he needs even more than their votes? Their attention.

I dunno. He could get to that point. He is inching incrementally closer and closer to being the wild-man with the duped adoring throngs who believe he can do no wrong, not even a possibility of it.
The problem is that he's got no balls. Really. Trump has never been in a fistfight in his life, much less had to deal with bullying. He doesn't know how that works. Can you imagine someone walking into his face and saying, "Donnie, you're the biggest ***** I think I've ever met. What happened to you? Tell me how you became such a *****."

Trump wouldn't know how to act in a situation like that. He'd get mental overload. He's not just used to deferential treatment. He's never experienced anything different, not in person.

Imagine if a big guy 'accidentally' gave him a shoulder block -- a hard one -- followed by a daring glare. He'd run from the room.

And we know he loves his family. So what does he think would happen to his family if violence broke out? Not to mention what would happen to his business holdings.

I'm not even a little bit worried about Donald taking that step over the line into direct orders to do violence.

Not to say there won't be violence. But Donald will always deny that he was the instigator of it, and you can't have a revolutionary leader who's afraid to assert his leadership..

Well we know for damn sure that Biden certainly did not hire the best people because he chose people for jobs solely on the color of their skin, male/female, LGBTQ...., but certainly not on competence, including himself.

That does not address the comment regarding Trump and who he hired.

Comparison of turnovers:

Seems that Trump had a high turnover rate in his WH staff. People just leaving. Must be a great boss to do that, right?

Let's see you prove your statement of "he chose people for jobs solely on the color of their skin, male/female, LGBTQ.."

It's beyond obvious that J6 was planned by Trump et al. and approved by most of the GQP. The phony acts of shock from Graham and McCarthy were truly disgusting in hindsight, because they knew what was going down and thought they better cover their asses. Is there any lower slime than that, especially when they doubled down after the all clear a couple weeks later? They should all be hanged, and would've been in better days.

Stupid demand.

If we knew their names, they wouldn't be deep state...they'd be out on their ear. No...we don't know their names, but we see the results of their actions.

Then you admit you have no way to back up your statement.

Might as well say Trump may be the leader of the "deep State". He talks about it as misinformation and misdirection. :giggle:

Stupid demand.

If we knew their names, they wouldn't be deep state...they'd be out on their ear. No...we don't know their names, but we see the results of their actions.
So they are all just in your trumplet imagination.

Stupid demand.

Planning an insurrection from the White House, like Trump did, is about as deep state as it gets. So it's a bit rich to complain about any imagined deep state actions from the left.
"(R)esults of their actions"? Do you mean things like prosecuting crimes committed by traitors?

Planning an insurrection from the White House, like Trump did, is about as deep state as it gets.
Yeah you right.

I keep trying to think of a parallel situation anywhere in the world, but I can't think of one.

Then you admit you have no way to back up your statement.
What part of "but we see the results of their actions" do you not understand?

your only allowed ONE guess who orchestrated this.

You do not know what you are talking about ............

Dismissed ...........

You talk in generalities. Give a specific action that the "deep State" has done.

Is Trump's loss in 2020 an action the "deep State" conducted?

This doesn't make trump innocent. The FBI used informants, undercover guys in different arrangements to catch Mafia gangsters for decades before.

I remember seeing that NYT story. The article mentioned other proof that there was advanced preparation but it fairly and impartially describes how there were proud boys members who were out of the loop. It is plausible that other pb members knew this guy was communicating with a handler and they made sure he didn't get the plan, like , don't tell Frogman, he's a snitch.
Several quotes are included in the article concerning doubt that this informant had access to upper pb leadership. The first quote shows that the informant was choosing sides. He passed several barriers that had already been breeched, broken. Later the Times informs in fairness that he left the capitol without incident.

"At one point, his handler appeared not to grasp that the building had been breached, the records show, and asked the informant to keep him in the loop — especially if there was any violence."

Simply, violence had been witnessed by the informant for 20 minutes and he didn't inform, as he was an informant, who chose sides, but did little harm.

other quotes -

"In this case, the records obtained by The Times do not directly address whether the informant was in a good position to know about plans developed for Jan. 6 by the leadership of the Proud Boys, why he was cooperating, whether he could have missed indications of a plot or whether he could have deliberately misled the government."

"But it is not clear from the records obtained by The Times how well he (the informant) knew the group’s top leaders or whether he was in the best position to learn about potential plans to storm the Capitol."

The members would avoid a guy who has been through the wringer and might be texting an FBI agent. He was a pawn foot soldier, didn't even know what was happening that day.

If the building was closed, why...
Maybe because they were concerned about the security at the capitol. That article is largely speculative, interpretive.

Still not convinced, I don't think provocateurs made any difference that day. I can't believe the provocateurs make trump innocent.
1664092237573.png

I dunno. He could get to that point. He is inching incrementally closer and closer to being the wild-man with the duped adoring throngs who believe he can do no wrong, not even a possibility of it. Got him up on a pedestal, they do. If he passed out koolaid with poison and told them to drink it they would. Oh, but of course he wouldn't do that. He needs their votes. And you know what he needs even more than their votes? Their attention.
Even more important than that, their money.

Even more important than that, their money.
He's got plenty of money. What he doesn't have is one single real friend. So he keeps trying to substitute duped adoring throngs. And it doesn't work. Prolly makes him feel good while he's on stage, but quite depressed otherwise.

Stupid demand.

Yes, we know you have zero evidence. It's a sad fantasy from a defeated cult.

Stupid demand.

Stupid comment.

If you don't know who they are, how do you know they are?

And how do you prove they are?

We can do this all week, ffs. You're losing that defining edge you had in your game..

From where I sit "the DEEP STATE is how you rationalize your fears about how the world is changing, not to your liking. If there is a DEEP STATE, how come they want no credit, hide in plain site etc. Who directly benefits?
All conspiracy theories break down with one basic question who: who gets what or escapes prosecution in some cases......? How do the operatives get paid? Recruited? Kept silenced in a country where a presidential candidate BRAGED about sexual abuse of women...and got away with it!

DEEP STATE is a movie about massive flooding in Florida....comming soon on Fox!.

Back
Top Bottom