• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't call vibrators sex toys

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It's not a toy!
It's a serious piece of heavy machine equipment.

Can we still call it a dildo?

I'm all for being polite and sensitive to others but where does the word policing ever end?
I simply can't keep up with all these new terms being demanded. It's like the acronyms used by certain professions and gov agencies.
I'm usually like, huh, what?

-- More than 50 percent of women have used a vibrator in their lifetime, but the topic is frequently cloaked in shame or reduced to a kink. Now, sexual wellness company Maude, backed by Dakota Johnson, is pushing the necessity — not novelty — of vibrators by ditching the word “toy.”

"For too long sexual health has been poorly marketed, hyper-aggressive and highly gendered," Johnson, a co-creative director and investor for Maude, told InStyle, promoting the brand’s “This Is Not a Toy” campaign, which encourages women to post photos of their vibrators on social media. "Often the use of language surrounding sexual products is antiquated, gender-specific and belittling."

The one thing I've always wondered is:
Why won't anyone make a vibrator that can use commonly found and cheap rechargeable battery packs?
A Sony NP-F550 series camcorder battery (about $15 each) can provide more than enough power to run one for at least an hour or two and it's small enough to fit in the base.
(2200mAh, 7.2V, Lithium-Ion)
With a couple of those and the handy included charger a gal could have endless hours of fun, and not have to deal with buying stupid flashlight batteries.

Sony NP-F550 battery.jpeg

-- More than 50 percent of women have used a vibrator in their lifetime, but the topic is frequently cloaked in shame or reduced to a kink. Now, sexual wellness company Maude, backed by Dakota Johnson, is pushing the necessity — not novelty — of vibrators by ditching the word “toy.”

Sorry no can do.
Doesn't matter if it is regarded by professionals as a legitimate health device.
And the reason is simple...the image and/or thought of it AS a medical device is a guaranteed (A) boner killer and (B) "lady-garden" drier-upper.**
No one wants to talk, think or take a call to action involving a "legitimate medical device"...they want to "PLAY WITH THEIR TOYS".

No single person OR couple is going to get the warmies thinking or talking about "legitimate medical devices."
Dakota needs to get off the high horse of politically correct condemnation and maybe avail herself of some good weed and maybe a few sessions with
THE TOYS.

Nobody and I do mean NOBODY, gives two shits about her admonitions.

**Lady-garden - - because the P word is a no-no here.

The dildo has been around since antiquity. It may be recreational but they help people with sex play & with relieving tensions.

One warning about anal toys: I abused these things &, with the aid of an inhalant, shoved some too large rubber items where they didn't belong. The result was an anal fissure which caused me a lot of anxiety until I had it fixed.

It's not a toy!

I'm all for being polite and sensitive to others but where does the word policing ever end?
I simply can't keep up with all these new terms being demanded. It's like the acronyms used by certain professions and gov agencies.

"For too long sexual health has been poorly marketed, hyper-aggressive and highly gendered," Johnson, a co-creative director and investor for Maude, told InStyle, promoting the brand’s “This Is Not a Toy” campaign, which encourages women to post photos of their vibrators on social media. "Often the use of language surrounding sexual products is antiquated, gender-specific and belittling."
So she is trying to reframe the market in order to increase potential sales, not sure her new framing is better or will appeal to a bigger audience.

Why won't anyone make a vibrator that can use commonly found and cheap rechargeable battery packs?
A Sony NP-F550 series camcorder battery (about $15 each) can provide more than enough power to run one for at least an hour or two and it's small enough to fit in the base.
With a couple of those and the handy included charger a gal could have endless hours of fun, and not have to deal with buying stupid flashlight batteries.

View attachment 67327901
There are many varieties, both sex toy and non-sexual applications, that use rechargeable batteries. Very few use the changeable batteries, mostly due the the insertible nature of many of these devices. It would not do having an access panel fall off during use.

There are many varieties, both sex toy and non-sexual applications, that use rechargeable batteries. Very few use the changeable batteries, mostly due the the insertible nature of many of these devices. It would not do having an access panel fall off during use.

Please, access panels exist on every dildo ever made that vibrates, so we're only talking about the difference between the KIND of battery that goes up in there, nothing more. Access is from the BOTTOM, just like every other battery operated boyfriend.
And by the way, some models even use a knurled knob or just a screw so that the panel can be fitted with gaskets for waterproofing, so again we're only talking about the shape of the battery, and since it's a battery pack, no more multiple batteries needed, so LESS space requirements.

Please, access panels exist on every dildo ever made that vibrates, so we're only talking about the difference between the KIND of battery that goes up in there, nothing more. Access is from the BOTTOM, just like every other battery operated boyfriend.
And by the way, some models even use a knurled knob or just a screw so that the panel can be fitted with gaskets for waterproofing, so again we're only talking about the shape of the battery, and since it's a battery pack, no more multiple batteries needed, so LESS space requirements.
My bad on poor wording. I was respond in context of the types of batteries pictured. And if it's insertable, do you really want a knurled knob on the side? Or even the bottom? I guess a lot would also depend on shape and functionality. My first thoughts also went more towards the torpedo types.

I think that intimate life should be various, so don't hesitate to use

It's not a toy!

I couldnt figure out people posting pictures of food now we have to have pictures of sex toys? Seems social media is just TMI

View attachment 67327901
Those are nice and powerful but a pair of AA fits in certain areas that those do not. Having a separate external battery pack is somewhat inconvenient, plus the cords or connections typically seem to be the weak point.

If its about an external battery just use these things,

Mold it with a pink case and a soft rubber housing.

Those are nice and powerful but a pair of AA fits in certain areas that those do not. Having a separate external battery pack is somewhat inconvenient, plus the cords or connections typically seem to be the weak point.

If its about an external battery just use these things,

Mold it with a pink case and a soft rubber housing.

You have the size all wrong. The pack I showed you USES AA "type" cells.
The difference is, they're commercial, so they pack more current, and they're rechargeable.
You don't need a drill battery, LOL.

You have the size all wrong. The pack I showed you USES AA "type" cells.
The difference is, they're commercial, so they pack more current, and they're rechargeable.
You don't need a drill battery, LOL.
Those battery packs are still too big to fit in certain toys. It needs to stay under 25mm or 1" in dia, and even that is too big for many "toys".

AA or AAA rechargeables are easy to find.

Why not call it a toy? I mean it fits the definition.

The dildo has been around since antiquity. It may be recreational but they help people with sex play & with relieving tensions.

One warning about anal toys: I abused these things &, with the aid of an inhalant, shoved some too large rubber items where they didn't belong. The result was an anal fissure which caused me a lot of anxiety until I had it fixed.
Makes me kinda glad i dont know from experience lol.

It's not a toy!

I thought they were for fitness training.. you know.. you hold one in each hand and try to hold on...

Once you impail yourself on an oversized sex toy your troubles will all be behind you!

Once you impail yourself on an oversized sex toy your troubles will all be behind you!
Wife will be away over the weekend so I'm inviting some pals over to my house. Dildos will be involved.

Those battery packs are still too big to fit in certain toys. It needs to stay under 25mm or 1" in dia, and even that is too big for many "toys".

AA or AAA rechargeables are easy to find.

I was under the impression this was about standard size "sex toys" not the mini's.

Wife will be away over the weekend so I'm inviting some pals over to my house. Dildos will be involved.
You are one sick puppy <joking.. kind of> :)

TMI

i think vibrator sexual things are sexual toys.

Back
Top Bottom