• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Don't abort masturbating babies"

Masterbating fetus at 15 weeks? :shock:

They really do have some dumb politicians in Texas. This guys should run for governor. He'll probably win/

You might want to read the OP's link. The legislator is a physician whose speciality is OB/GYN, and what he actually said was that if a fetus can experience pleasure, it's reasonable to assume that it can also feel pain.

The OP has no substance to it at all.
Its like when the sonogram reader tells the patient that her 4 month old fetus is smiling at her and the patient can almost see it smiling at her.

Last edited:
You might want to read the OP's link. The legislator is a physician whose speciality is OB/GYN, and what he actually said was that if a fetus can experience pleasure, it's reasonable to assume that it can also feel pain.

He stated the "pleasure" bit after mentioning that male fetuses were observed with their hands between their legs. :roll:

I'm curious. Does the distinguished idiot from Texas think female fetuses would not derive similar pleasure when they put their hands between their legs? After all, according to this OB GYN, all fetuses, even with no brain waves, feel pleasure.

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Still its requirements mock parasitic behavior. It cannot live outside it's host during....welll... see that's the part that slows me down a bit. Medically life is viable when, now??? I don't even know, last I heard it was about 30weeks for a premie to be really able to recover with all the new technology and knowledge. To me that's the date we should be looking at. Once it could be viable outside the womb, it should be "a person". Edited to add: With exceptions for serious birth defects not able to be known prior to whatever viable premie date is, as well as the health of the mother. I would not add exceptions for rape or incest, or simply choice, due to those are known right away and should be handled within that time frame.

Last edited:
Masterbating fetus at 15 weeks? :shock:

They really do have some dumb politicians in Texas. This guys should run for governor. He'll probably win/

Please don't wish that on Texas. We've had a guy who equals his dumbness for the past 12 years. It's shameful...it really is, but as I said in a previous post, "Texas is pumping out morons." I hate saying that because I'm a native Texan...but it is what it is. And I thought Kansas was really way out there...but Texas has finally become it's most fierce competitor.

Please don't wish that on Texas. We've had a guy who equals his dumbness for the past 12 years. It's shameful...it really is, but as I said in a previous post, "Texas is pumping out morons." I hate saying that because I'm a native Texan...but it is what it is. And I thought Kansas was really way out there...but Texas has finally become it's most fierce competitor.

For a high tech state with a technology industry in Austin that rivals Boston, there sure is a lot of Alabama being pushed there. I'm amazed at the dichotomy. You'd think the smart people would reign in all the stupid.

In any property and economic system where people have long perpetuated the myth that all the people who have property earned it and all the people who do not have property are rightly poor because they did nothing to deserve it, and little territory that is not private is available for food gathering, who is the original thief and the original forced wealth distributor? That myth is pathetic.

Property is a natural occurrence of acquiring goods be it land, food, your body, or whatever it might be. When you acquire the goods it becomes your property and its then yours to use and dispose of as you see fit. Of course, I should mention the homesteading principle in all of this.

Now if we were talk of countries and how they distributed land then we find ourselves in a very unethical place where land was taken by force and distributed by the rulers of those societies. Still, is there a claim to be made that each person shall have land? No, there is not.

The point is that involuntary taxes are theft and perhaps one of the worst uses of taxation that exists is using the revenue collected to pay for favors of certain individuals. It is perhaps even worse still when you force everyone on a system to benefit these same group of individuals.

Gifting your land or property through inheritance is perfectly legitimate and perhaps even desirable. For else the land and property would need to be returned to the state for resale and such a situation is undesirable towards the ends of the people having control over the land and property. Eminent domain should only ever be used when there is no heirs towards the property and always be resold as private property. The amendment we have for this is unfit as it assumes the state has control and the people must accept their terms. This however is baseless and abandons the very foundation of property in which is control.

I don't wish to inspire more repetitive postings on individuals' travails during pregnancy and/or labor, but I'm really curious why you felt the need to tell me that pregnancy can affect a woman's health. After all, I've been pregnant. Seriously, do you really think that women and men don't know this?

YOU said abortion is not a women's reproductive health issue, I corrected you. If you don't like my 'repetetive' posts, then use the block feature, but stop whining about it.

YOU said abortion is not a women's reproductive health issue, I corrected you. If you don't like my 'repetetive' posts, then use the block feature, but stop whining about it.

Whether you didn't read closely enough or are willfully misrepresenting what I said, I did NOT say what you claim. Here are my words, and this time pay attention to the use of quote marks and the word "angle," to which "damnable lie" refers:

(Post #115) Abortion may be safe and legal, but it's not rare. The new pro-choice angle is "women's reproductive health," and that is a damnable lie. Most abortions are NOT performed because of a woman's health or rape or catastrophic fetal defect.

Whether you didn't read closely enough or are willfully misrepresenting what I said, I did NOT say what you claim. Here are my words, and this time pay attention to the use of quote marks and the word "angle," to which "damnable lie" refers: (Post #115) Abortion may be safe and legal, but it's not rare. The new pro-choice angle is "women's reproductive health," and that is a damnable lie. Most abortions are NOT performed because of a woman's health or rape or catastrophic fetal defect.
That may be true if you limit "health" only to the moment of the abortion. If you look at a woman's long term and future health (physical, mental, & economic), pregnancies as well as children have a huge effect on mothers compared to fathers, that is if the father is even part of the equation after donating sperm.

That may be true if you limit "health" only to the moment of the abortion. If you look at a woman's long term and future health (physical, mental, & economic), pregnancies as well as children have a huge effect on mothers compared to fathers, that is if the father is even part of the equation after donating sperm.

Reproductive health" has now been expanded to refer to economic well-being? Yes, I'm aware that one rationale for late-term abortion in Kansas (and the sole reason Dr. Tiller wasn't indicted by the grand jury) was because of "mental health."

I'd say we'd all have better mental health if we could predict and control every life circumstance. But you know as well as I do that the majority of abortions are NOT performed to save the life or the mind of the mother.

Reproductive health" has now been expanded to refer to economic well-being? Yes, I'm aware that one rationale for late-term abortion in Kansas (and the sole reason Dr. Tiller wasn't indicted by the grand jury) was because of "mental health."

I'd say we'd all have better mental health if we could predict and control every life circumstance. But you know as well as I do that the majority of abortions are NOT performed to save the life or the mind of the mother.
No I do not and no you do not. You make that assumption so you can rant. Economic health for a single mother weighs very heavily in all manner of her other healths. To deny that is to show one's entire level of ignorance probably because of being a misogynist, imo.

For a high tech state with a technology industry in Austin that rivals Boston, there sure is a lot of Alabama being pushed there. I'm amazed at the dichotomy. You'd think the smart people would reign in all the stupid.

Well, if you followed along with Rick Perry's candidacy for president you saw him repeatedly embarrass himself, but worse...people in Texas who has any snap at all. The numbers are declining.

One would think that Perry would come back from the campaign trail and remain as quiet as possible, but nooooooooooooooooooo! His moronic nonsense flows like wine in Napa Valley. The man is constitutionally incapable of making sane, realistic, beneficial choices and decisions for the State of Texas. The idiots that reside in the majority in the Legislation...are beyond help.

Meanwhile Perry continues to wreak havoc on Texas' education system. He refused expanded medicaid. Hell, even Brewer in Arizona took on her own party's legislators and finally won the vote for the expanded medicaid.

Man...I have to stop before I explode.

No I do not and no you do not. You make that assumption so you can rant. Economic health for a single mother weighs very heavily in all manner of her other healths. To deny that is to show one's entire level of ignorance probably because of being a misogynist, imo.

Yup, nota hates herself. Makes perfect sense.

Also, "economic health" is just code for "killing your kid for personal financial gain," which is why most murders happen anyway. Cheers.

Well, if you followed along with Rick Perry's candidacy for president you saw him repeatedly embarrass himself, but worse...people in Texas who has any snap at all. The numbers are declining.

One would think that Perry would come back from the campaign trail and remain as quiet as possible, but nooooooooooooooooooo! His moronic nonsense flows like wine in Napa Valley. The man is constitutionally incapable of making sane, realistic, beneficial choices and decisions for the State of Texas. The idiots that reside in the majority in the Legislation...are beyond help.

Meanwhile Perry continues to wreak havoc on Texas' education system. He refused expanded medicaid. Hell, even Brewer in Arizona took on her own party's legislators and finally won the vote for the expanded medicaid.

Man...I have to stop before I explode.

I feel ya. As a native Texan, Perry is an embarrassment.

Her economic condition is not a staple in her existence, so using it towards abortion is ill guided.

Last edited:
I do recall the number of times I have cited the top-ten med schools embryology textbooks (Langman, Persaud and Moore, and Moore and Persaud) and what they all say about human life being created at the moment of conception and how you have dismissed this because embryologists' opinions are inherently biased by what they study. I'm sorry, but experts in biological ecology aren't embryologists, and what embrylogists say should matter more than what ecologists say.

Since you're so enamored of embryologists, you may want to read what some of them say about the uncertainty surrounding this mythical "moment of conception" you refer to

http://lawreview.law.ucdavis.edu/issues/40/1/essay/davisvol40no1_peters.pdf

Back
Top Bottom