• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump's war hero Uncle

ldub23

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Quite an amazing man with many accomplishments.

I luv desperation on a Tuesday before Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

Trouble is the hunt for hidden eggs and hidden medals has begun already.

No matter cause Trump is Trump and MAGAs are MAGAs. And Putin luvs it.

Trump had another uncle who was a long time MIT professor, those genes didn’t convey either……
I think this is the same guy.

Has absolutely no bearing on who the Trump that affects our lives now is, so this thread seems to be just some random thing.

Is the point of your post that you felt/feel that President Trump having a face-to-face with Kid Kim was a bad thing?
I don't think so, but it was a bad thing.

I don't think so, but it was a bad thing.

Thank you for your response.

Would you mind very much if I asked what it was you felt/feel was bad about the two meetings President Trump had with Kid Kim?

And forgive my referring to him as Kid Kim, but as I explained in another thread some weeks or so ago, I have a history (U.S. government related) in the ROK that extends back to the Kid's grandfather. In addition, a colleague was killed in the DPRK along with other crew members on that bird.

Thank you for your response.

Would you mind very much if I asked what it was you felt/feel was bad about the two meetings President Trump had with Kid Kim?

And forgive my referring to him as Kid Kim, but as I explained in another thread some weeks or so ago, I have a history (U.S. government related) in the ROK that extends back to the Kid's grandfather. In addition, a colleague was killed in the DPRK along with other crew members on that bird.
It gave him a position on the world stage that NK does not deserve.

It gave him a position on the world stage that NK does not deserve.

I confess to not looking upon the situation from the "world stage" viewpoint. I look upon it from the regional viewpoint, and for a few years after those meetings those two had we had a bit less tension in this region.

In fact, let me offer something that my notes show was originally published by Forbes and now I see the council has that article.

I confess to not looking upon the situation from the "world stage" viewpoint. I look upon it from the regional viewpoint, and for a few years after those meetings those two had we had a bit less tension in this region.

In fact, let me offer something that my notes show was originally published by Forbes and now I see the council has that article.

From your source...My bold added.
"A Trump-Kim handshake at the DMZ will only have significance if it succeeds in starting detailed negotiations that have eluded both sides following Singapore and Hanoi. Otherwise, the Trump-Kim relationship drama may titillate, but if not fully exploited it will lose its value and impact as an instrument by which to actually achieve the goal of Korean denuclearization."

I dispute your stance that things were calmer in the region.
"There are two main takeaways that were evident at the time and have become even clearer with the benefit of hindsight. First, Kim was offered legitimacy on the world stage with multiple meetings with Trump, as well as with other world leaders in China, Singapore, and Vietnam. Second, the fanfare associated with the Singapore joint statement both leaders agreed on belied the lack of substance and commitment by both sides to reach a meaningful deal. Washington will not commit to sanctions relief without assurances of denuclearization, while Pyongyang’s amassed arsenal of weapons and delivery systems lessens the likelihood that it would commit to verifiable denuclearization.

Is the point of your post that you felt/feel that President Trump having a face-to-face with Kid Kim was a bad thing?
I saw traitor trump saluting on the cover of that video in the OP, trying to ride on the coattails of his uncle who obviously wasn't a draft dodging coup inciting traitor who was in bed with murderous dictators and violated his oath of office.

The only point was, is that the anti-American ignorant conman's salute means absolutely nothing, he will salute anyone and give racist trash like Limbaugh medals.

From your source...My bold added.
"A Trump-Kim handshake at the DMZ will only have significance if it succeeds in starting detailed negotiations that have eluded both sides following Singapore ... <truncated [5,000limit]>

I dispute your stance that things were calmer in the region.
"There are two main takeaways that were evident at the time and have become even clearer with the benefit of hindsight. First, Kim was offered legitimacy on the world stage with multiple meetings with Trump, as well as with other world leaders in China, Singapore, and Vietnam. <truncated [5,000 limit]>

Firstly, there needs to be a focus on the number one issue that causes tension, short of actual conflict, and that is those bloody missiles that we have flying out of the DPRK to both seas either side of the DPRK --- east and west.

Conflict is frequently ignited by accidents and if one of those missiles were to "accidentally" land on or near any ship of any nation, other than a DPRK ship, the result could be military conflict. Especially if a missile looks to be aimed at a U.S. or Canadian warship and the missile is destroyed by fire from the warship. I make note of Canada's possible involvement because I do not think their activities in assisting the U.S. Navy is classified information. Other nations don't seem to get notice by mainstream media, or even notice in blogs and the like, and I hesitate to add those nations to this post.

Now I would like to place before you a few paragraphs that show that for a while we had somewhat less tension in this area and that "for a while" included a timestamp that preceded, then followed the Trump-Kim meetings; not by a lot, but enough to make note of. AND in the preceding timestamp there were other events taking place, BUT for a bit of time, as you will see in the material I will present to you, - - - for a bit of time the heat was turned down in this area.

Note the gap between November 28th, 2017 to May 4th, 2019.

After a period of heightened conflict that included North Korea successfully testing what it claimed was its first hydrogen bomb and the Hwasong-15 intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) in late 2017, tensions began to de-escalate after Kim Jong Un announced his desire to send athletes to the 2018 Winter Olympics being held in South Korea. During the games, Kim proposed talks with South Korea to plan an inter-Korean summit. On March 8, the South Korean delegation returned from the talks and traveled to the United States to deliver an invitation by Kim Jong Un to Donald Trump for a meeting. High-level exchanges between the two sides then took place, including a visit by then–CIA Director Mike Pompeo to Pyongyang and a visit by Kim Yong-chol, Vice Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, to the White House. Both sides threatened to cancel the summit after a round of joint military exercises by the U.S. and South Korea, with Trump even delivering a formal letter to Kim to call off the meeting; however, the two sides eventually agreed to meet.[9] A second meeting was held between Trump and Kim in February 2019 in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Unfortunately, the heat then started to get turned back up from about mid-2019 until now.

BUT for about 17 months those darn missiles were staying on/at the launch pads in that darn DPRK.

Now, mrjurrs, if you have non-classified information that specifically contradicts the author of the observations and analysis which is in the quote box above, I'd be very interested to see what you have.

I will admit, though, the author's use of the vocabulary "conflict" in the opening sentence strikes me as odd, but, overall, the author reflects my own view, and that of many others with a need-to-know foot in the door, that we had some respite for about a year and a half. And any decrease in tensions around here is a welcome relief. Some of us have been living under this darn overhead of danger in this region for many decades --- over four decades in my case.

Oh yes, just in case you were not aware of this; denuclearization takes a back seat to the missiles being flown all over the area. We get those missiles stopped first, THEN other issues can be addressed.

You should also keep in mind that conflict was avoided between the ROK and the DPRK even after that most recent incident on the seas to the west of the two nations.

Firstly, there needs to be a focus on the number one issue that causes tension, short of actual conflict, and that is those bloody missiles that we have flying out of the DPRK to both seas either side of the DPRK --- east and west.

Conflict is frequently ignited by accidents and if one of those missiles were to "accidentally" land on or near any ship of any nation, other than a DPRK ship, the result could be military conflict. Especially if a missile looks to be aimed at a U.S. or Canadian warship and the missile is destroyed by fire from the warship. I make note of Canada's possible involvement because I do not think their activities in assisting the U.S. Navy is classified information. Other nations don't seem to get notice by mainstream media, or even notice in blogs and the like, and I hesitate to add those nations to this post.

Now I would like to place before you a few paragraphs that show that for a while we had somewhat less tension in this area and that "for a while" included a timestamp that preceded, then followed the Trump-Kim meetings; not by a lot, but enough to make note of. AND in the preceding timestamp there were other events taking place, BUT for a bit of time, as you will see in the material I will present to you, - - - for a bit of time the heat was turned down in this area.

Note the gap between November 28th, 2017 to May 4th, 2019.

Unfortunately, the heat then started to get turned back up from about mid-2019 until now.

BUT for about 17 months those darn missiles were staying on/at the launch pads in that darn DPRK.

Now, mrjurrs, if you have non-classified information that specifically contradicts the author of the observations and analysis which is in the quote box above, I'd be very interested to see what you have.

I will admit, though, the author's use of the vocabulary "conflict" in the opening sentence strikes me as odd, but, overall, the author reflects my own view, and that of many others with a need-to-know foot in the door, that we had some respite for about a year and a half. And any decrease in tensions around here is a welcome relief. Some of us have been living under this darn overhead of danger in this region for many decades --- over four decades in my case.

Oh yes, just in case you were not aware of this; denuclearization takes a back seat to the missiles being flown all over the area. We get those missiles stopped first, THEN other issues can be addressed.

You should also keep in mind that conflict was avoided between the ROK and the DPRK even after that most recent incident on the seas to the west of the two nations.
I don't see a temporary pause as being worth much. Especially as indicated by the reactions to this, please note the date it happened.

"On Saturday morning local time, thousands of tourists and residents in Hawaii received mobile alerts on their phones that a missile would soon be impacting the state. With tensions high over the regime's ballistic missile program and President Donald Trump recently warning North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un, that he has the bigger "nuclear button," the false alarm prompted panic that Hawaii was the target of an attack from North Korea."

Back
Top Bottom