• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump selects Mike Pence as VP

I dunno. I still think to this day that Palin was McCain's downfall.

Eh, I'm not sold on it still. Not that it helped him any, but I think other issues hurt McCain more then Palin. In this election I do wonder if VP might matter a bit more considering how unlikable Donald and Hillary are.

WOW... WOW... WOW...Pence is a HOME RUN pick for Trump...WOW.....northern conservatives.... catholics... and can bring secession easily if needed or STATES RIGHTS

It will get him only the uneducated, male northern conservatives and Catholics. If those people want to secede, I say great; give them an island somewhere and deport them. They'll fit on an atoll easily.

It will get him only the uneducated, male northern conservatives and Catholics. If those people want to secede, I say great; give them an island somewhere and deport them. They'll fit on an atoll easily.

30 conservative states will demand stats rights and if not met secession.... liberals cannot survive without taking from conservatives

1.) Trump won't be president
2.) that unfortunately means hillary will, that sucks too
3.) Pence is a scum bag
4.) he is also a horrendous pick because voting wise he brings nothing to the table trump doesnt already have

With the odd selection of Pence, I'm starting to buy into the conspiracy theory that Trump doesn't actually want to win.

With the odd selection of Pence, I'm starting to buy into the conspiracy theory that Trump doesn't actually want to win.

Trumps ego is way to large for that, and if it was true, we'll know because there's no way he doesn't come out and admit it.

Trumps ego is way to large for that, and if it was true, we'll know because there's no way he doesn't come out and admit it.

Yeah, at the end of the day I don't believe it, but Trump is running the worst political campaign in history. Only morons and racists seem to buy into it. Thankfully, most of America don't fall into either category.

Yeah, at the end of the day I don't believe it, but Trump is running the worst political campaign in history. Only morons and racists seem to buy into it. Thankfully, most of America don't fall into either category.

I don't know if its that bad but its bad. There are other groups that support him too. Anti-anything left group, anti-hillary groups, anti-establishment groups etc. But yes while I'm not happy about Hillary being next I happy it won't be Trump.

I don't know if its that bad but its bad. There are other groups that support him too. Anti-anything left group, anti-hillary groups, anti-establishment groups etc. But yes while I'm not happy about Hillary being next I happy it won't be Trump.

I'd say the most interesting thing about the Trump "phenomenon" is that he himself does NOT have any type of history indicating that he's a conservative. So for the last eight years we've had conservatives claim they are tired of so called "RINO's", and how they are eager to elect a supposed "real conservative" to office, and what do they do? They support a guy who used to be a registered Democrat, AND Clinton supporter, who also supports universal health care and said the economy does better under Democrats than Republicans. And why do they support him? Uhh, because he's going to "build a wall", and other ridiculous race baiting rhetoric. I've never seen something so ridiculous before.

I'd say the most interesting thing about the Trump "phenomenon" is that he himself does NOT have any type of history indicating that he's a conservative. So for the last eight years we've had conservatives claim they are tired of so called "RINO's", and how they are eager to elect a supposed "real conservative" to office, and what do they do? They support a guy who used to be a registered Democrat, AND Clinton supporter, who also supports universal health care and said the economy does better under Democrats than Republicans. And why do they support him? Uhh, because he's going to "build a wall", and other ridiculous race baiting rhetoric. I've never seen something so ridiculous before.

Well a lot of us don't support him and I think many think it was their best hope to be clinton because many others certainly wouldn't do it either. I mean just look at who the top guys were, it was pathetic. I can say this, a real conservative has just become a made up tag for extreme right IMO and under that stereotypical moniker a real conservative will never win. It is quite ridiculous. It's actions like this and so many people that try to fit everybody in a box that make me claim independent even though I lean right.

He wants to win..... and this can help him with the rust belt states and with northern catholics..... BUT he could have done better if he just wanted to WIN...he could have got an independent woman then he would have won.. BUT that would not help with his number 1 goal

The number 1 goal is for states rights and pence shows he is strong on pushing the feds from a state... even if hillary wins This will be the big winner because this can bring in 30 conservative states to demand states rights or they will secede

To make this happen trump went after the right people.. the vets.. the men....law enforcement and the military so trump will win even if hillary wins this so called election

Did anyone catch the interview on 60 minutes tonight? If I hadn't known better I would have thought it was an SNL parody. Pence came across as a total puppet. He couldn't get a word in edge-wise. Even when the question was posed to him...Donald looked so nervous about what Pence would say, Pence would get 5 words in and Donald would jump in. The interviewer did a great job trying to get Pence to explain how he rationalizes his difference with Trump....and all Pence did was talk in circles. If you didn't watch it...you should try to catch it....it was classic.

this military times poll shows what trump is doing with picking pence... Trump has the MEN.. has the VETS.. has the law enforcement and here has the military.. and pence is very strong on getting states to demand rights to the feds.... so one can see trump is checkmating liberals even if hillary wins

In a new survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump emerged as active-duty service members' preference to become the next U.S. president, topping Hillary Clinton by more than a 2-to-1 margin. However, in the latest Military Times election survey, more than one in five troops said they’d rather not vote in November if they have to choose between just those two candidates.

More than 54 percent of the 951 troops Military Times surveyed said they would vote for Trump, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, over Clinton, the Democratic front-runner. Only about 25 percent said they would vote for Clinton in that matchup.

/////////////////////

and since the military is MORE and MORE conservative as you go up the power level ladder to officers... that poll wold be even more so for trump with where the real power lies in the military

Well a lot of us don't support him and I think many think it was their best hope to be clinton because many others certainly wouldn't do it either. I mean just look at who the top guys were, it was pathetic. I can say this, a real conservative has just become a made up tag for extreme right IMO and under that stereotypical moniker a real conservative will never win. It is quite ridiculous. It's actions like this and so many people that try to fit everybody in a box that make me claim independent even though I lean right.

The problem is Trump was NOT the best hope to beat Clinton. If anything, the polls showed he was the most likely candidate to lose to Clinton. Which means the base chose him entirely because of race baiting rhetoric, because they sure as hell couldn't have chose him for his non existent conservative credentials, or his non existent political experience.

the military is voting 54% for trump to hillarys 25% and even better as the power level rises

we can now see that trump chose pence a GOVERNOR to help other states to push for states rights.. there is no power that can stop this as trump has THE MEN.. the law enforcement and the military

this military times poll shows what trump is doing with picking pence... Trump has the MEN.. has the VETS.. has the law enforcement and here has the military.. and pence is very strong on getting states to demand rights to the feds.... so one can see trump is checkmating liberals even if hillary wins

In a new survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump emerged as active-duty service members' preference to become the next U.S. president, topping Hillary Clinton by more than a 2-to-1 margin. However, in the latest Military Times election survey, more than one in five troops said they’d rather not vote in November if they have to choose between just those two candidates.

More than 54 percent of the 951 troops Military Times surveyed said they would vote for Trump, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, over Clinton, the Democratic front-runner. Only about 25 percent said they would vote for Clinton in that matchup.

/////////////////////

and since the military is MORE and MORE conservative as you go up the power level ladder to officers... that poll wold be even more so for trump with where the real power lies in the military

Which matters not at all. The military is not a significantly large voting bloc, and military leadership are not going to impose their political preferences on the country through an Armed Coup.

Which matters not at all. The military is not a significantly large voting bloc, and military leadership are not going to impose their political preferences on the country through an Armed Coup.

RIGHT... the military being conservative will NOT stop conservative states from seceding... this is what is coming and trump is setting this up well

The problem is Trump was NOT the best hope to beat Clinton. If anything, the polls showed he was the most likely candidate to lose to Clinton. Which means the base chose him entirely because of race baiting rhetoric, because they sure as hell couldn't have chose him for his non existent conservative credentials, or his non existent political experience.

And the fact is that, despite Layla's characterization of the other candidates as "pathetic", the republicans had a good range of choices. If they wanted a more establishment type, they had Kasich and Bush. If they wanted to go conservative, they had Rubio and Cruz

RIGHT... the military being conservative will NOT stop conservative states from seceding... this is what is coming and trump is setting this up well

As a conservative, southern, veteran of the most conservative service (the Marines), this is laughable. :) But you keep on telling yourself whatever you need to.

This shows that TRUMP has won the military vote over many many other candidates

////////////////////////////////

A new survey of U.S. military servicemembers reveals troops have one candidate in mind for president: Donald Trump.

The poll of 931 servicemembers, conducted from March 9-14, spans from active-duty troops to reservists and National Guard members, although the findings are not scientific, Military Times reports.

Of survey respondents, 64 percent were enlisted and 36 percent said they were officers.

In total, 27 percent of troops listed GOP front-runner Donald Trump as their preferred candidate, with Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders following closely behind at 22 percent. GOP Sen. Ted Cruz gained 17 percent of support, while the next in line is former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at 11. 17 percent.

Read more: Poll: The Military Wants Trump To Be President | The Daily Caller
///////////////////////////

that just shows how weak hillary is with the military vote.... and Trump won over ALL the other candidates

Back
Top Bottom