• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump might be the dimmest President the US has ever had

giphy.gif

:lamo

The economy is doing very well, no argument there. Where it is going and how long will it last is the question. Denying or ignoring dramatically reducing environmental protection is disingenuous. And what about the exploding deficit?

Jobs numbers are the best in decades. Again, easy to accomplish if you’re willing to sacrifice environmental/consumer protections and blow up the national debt. How long will the current “sugar high” last?

Trump’s attempts at illegal immigration control have been draconian and very shortsighted (ex; the disastrous separating of thousands of families as part of a blatantly black hearted attempt to ward off other possible “invaders”). Yet another example of Trump actions that have only worsened a prexisting problem.

To date, Trump’s love affair with Un has gotten us nothing. Un still has his nukes and continues to his program. The testing stoppage is irrelevant as tests are no longer needed at this point. Un has already successfully proven his ability to strike. As for cost, Trump gave something much more valuable than money. He gave Un importance on the world stage by meeting with him. Other presidents have understood the value of that and have smartly denied him and his father.

Nobody argues that Syria is a total f’ng mess. Trump pulling out now and declaring victory will replace Bush’s very premature and badly mistaken “mission accomplished” announcement in people’s minds.

The deficit gets less onerous the more tax revenue you collect and the more people you have working, the more you collect. What you cannot do is see revenues go down while the deficit goes up. Tax cuts are a two edged sword. More jobs and growth but less initial revenue.

The jobs numbers are not simply the product of "sacrificing" environmental and/or consumer protection laws. They are the result of conscious policy to attract businesses back to the US.

Illegal immigration needs the same type of robust response as the economy. Solving it will help both our citizens and the would-be immigrants. Sadly, there are powerful forces who want the status quo.

NK is the same pariah they were pre-Trump. We gave them an opening to join the family of nations. It's up to Kim whether he takes it.

I haven't seen Trump declare "victory" in Syria. What would victory even look like?

It's tough constantly having to clean your guy's economic disasters. But alas... we manage. Only for you guys to **** it up again.

Yea, thank God we had Carter and Obama.:lamo

The deficit gets less onerous the more tax revenue you collect and the more people you have working, the more you collect. What you cannot do is see revenues go down while the deficit goes up. Tax cuts are a two edged sword. More jobs and growth but less initial revenue.
And so far all we’re seeing is the cutting edge.
U.S. Government Deficit Grew 17% in Fiscal 2018
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...nment-debt-rises-17-in-fiscal-2018-1539626598

The jobs numbers are not simply the product of "sacrificing" environmental and/or consumer protection laws. They are the result of conscious policy to attract businesses back to the US.
All the above and the generous business tax break have been keys to the, for now, booming economy. The relationships between the factors I’ve listed and the current economic upturn cannot be truthfully denied.

Illegal immigration needs the same type of robust response as the economy. Solving it will help both our citizens and the would-be immigrants. Sadly, there are powerful forces who want the status quo.
I agree with your premise regarding the need for immigration control/reform, but not your view of obstacles to progress. Most Americans do want improved border security, not the wall.

NK is the same pariah they were pre-Trump. We gave them an opening to join the family of nations. It's up to Kim whether he takes it.
You really think anything is different today than it was 4 years ago? 10? 15?

I haven't seen Trump declare "victory" in Syria. What would victory even look like?
AP FACT CHECK: Trump prematurely declares victory over IS
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...rump-prematurely-declares-victory-over-is.amp
I don’t know that there will ever be “victory” in Syria, but I know where we are now isn’t victory.

I will tell you how dimwitted he is. He keeps getting owned by his own base when its supposed to be the other way round. In trying to look strong he proves just the opposite. Weakest President in my lifetime and I am old as dirt!

So, what? He outworked Hillary by a mile and got the blue collar Democrat votes he needed to win. Stop blaming Trump for winning and look to your own failed nominee.

The ground was prepared by illegal use of peoples' data and Russian assistance.

What's wrong with Snopes?

It dares call out bull****. Which is fine, so long as it doesn't call out Trump...at which point it becomes #FakeNews.

Back
Top Bottom