• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump is selling $60 Bibles as he seeks funds for for campaign, legal bills

Of course the Church is aware. Thats why he is frequently chastised by the Bishops.
Bishops who are frequently chastised by the Pope. Activision is sinful behavior and distinctly non-Christian.

Vatican chastises bishops who stoke division on social media

The document, addressed to all Catholics, warned of the dangers of fake news on social media and other forms of abuse that had turned people into commodities whose data is sold, often without their knowledge or consent.

It condemned polarisation and extremism that had led to "digital tribalism" on social media, saying individuals were often locking themselves in silos of opinion that hindered dialogue and often led to violence, abuse and misinformation.

"The Christian style should be reflective, not reactive, on social media. Therefore, we should all be careful not to fall into the digital traps hidden in content that is intentionally designed to sow conflict among users by causing outrage or emotional reactions," the document said.

"The problem of polemical and superficial, and thus divisive, communication is particularly worrying when it comes from Church leadership: bishops, pastors, and prominent lay leaders," it said.

https://news.yahoo.com/vatican-chastises-bishops-stoke-division-150237360.html

Don't worry Republicans/Christians. All the $$$$ you send him is going to good use...

That's all I could think of when I saw the book. :LOL::LOL:

I love how the first one was scary as ****, the second was funny and scary, and the third didn't even try. It was just straight-up funny.

This .. is .. my ... BOOMSTICK!
If you haven't, you need to read his autobiography.

If Chins Could Kill
Confessions of a B Movie Actor

It means what it says. His stated beliefs and policies are contrary to the beliefs and doctrine of the Catholic Church and much closer in alignment to Protestant sects.
Oh. How so?

This isn’t about what I believe. It’s about whether Biden’s positions and actions are consistent with the doctrine of the Catholic Church.
By your measure - one issue- the Catholic justices on SCOTUS are contrary with Catholic doctrine.

If you don't like the Bible idea, don't buy one,...

You know that's not the point.

Trump's behavior is totally abnormal. Selling bibles during a political campaign is not normal, and it's not appropriate for a variety of reasons.

but I understand your point

I am not so sure you do.

just like I understand why "devout Christian" Joe Biden panders to the pro-choice crowd. They want to get elected so they try to present themselves as something they really aren't and pander to those that are Christian and pro-choice. I can tell you right now that Biden personally is not for abortion no matter how early the abortion would happen. In the eyes of the RC Church, abortion is murder. There are no exceptions.

I believe Biden's views on abortion is more consistent with traditional American political and legal norms, including those of devout Christians, in that they reflect that while his faith influences his actions it is his duty as an officeholder to acknowledge that the laws of the U.S., the U.S. Constitution, and the individual rights of Americans take precedence.

I can also tell you that Trump is probably not a Christian. Virtue signaling in the way of pandering is part of campaigning. Politicians are known to lie to get elected.

So, I'm not a Trump supporter, and I have never understood the thinking of Trump supporters, but it seems to me that a person's faith is one of the most personal and importance aspects of one's life, and it seems to me Trump is abusing and manipulating this aspect of his supporters' lives in an obscene and selfish way.

Matthew 7:21-23 "21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; go away from me, you who behave lawlessly.’"

This is nothing but pandering to the conservative evangelical vote. They can't even realize that they are being manipulated because 'Murika, guns and gawd.

I thought I’d seen it all. Then I stumbled into a thread full of Democrats complaining that a Republican isn’t religious enough.
That's not even in the same galaxy of what's going on.

I've seen so far you common sense and trix talk about something nobody else is trying to derail this thread with something stupid.

The man is trying to sell bibles..go buy a copy so I can laugh

Blasphemy is the act of showing disrespect to God or something holy, or saying or doing something that shows this disrespect. It can also refer to offensive ideas in other areas. For example, blasphemy can include: Saying something bad about a god, Taking the Lord's name in vain, Questioning a religious institution, and Insulting something sacred.

And yet Evangelicals will lap this up despite its blatancy.
So all the bookstores that sell Bibles are guilty of blasphemy? That's hilarious.

You just don't like Trump. And that is nothing new.
People have a choice, they decide to buy or not.
That decision happens everyday.
Let see what outrage comes up today day?
This isn't the point. The point is that Trump is selling bibles and people like you are defending it.

There is no bottom for Trump folk.
there is non "ya you know what? No this is dumb". But as usual Trump supporters all lay down and just make fools put of themselves

This is absurd and comedic on so many levels amd here you are defending it..lol.. there is no shaming folks like you. .

So all the bookstores that sell Bibles are guilty of blasphemy? That's hilarious.
They are selling bibles to feed their families. No problem. Trump is selling Bibles to continue to break the law. Anyone suggesting that Trump's motives are equal to a store selling bibles is delusional.

They are selling bibles to feed their families. No problem. Trump is selling Bibles to continue to break the law. Anyone suggesting that Trump's motives are equal to a store selling bibles is delusional.
Doesn't matter. Don't buy one. There, I bet you feel better already.

I can’t believe you are justifying a Bible costing $60. You can’t be that gullible to realize you are being conned to pay for his legal fees.
That's not expensive for a Bible. If it's leather, that's about right.

I just checked. The Bible is King James version, Large print, contains the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and lyrics to God Bless the USA. It's bound in leather. At $60, that's a regular price for a leather large print Bible.

I can’t believe you are justifying a Bible costing $60. You can’t be that gullible to realize you are being conned to pay for his legal fees.
That’s what I paid for our family Bible.

This isn’t about what I believe. It’s about whether Biden’s positions and actions are consistent with the doctrine of the Catholic Church.
A President is not called to support the doctrine of his church. It's actually nobody's business how a President feels about the doctrine of his church.

A President is not called to support the doctrine of his church. It's actually nobody's business how a President feels about the doctrine of his church.
Agree. However, it's my opinion God isn't going to excuse anyone from sin because they were a politician.

Is this the place to note that there isn’t ONE version of the Bible? Trump and Greenwood are hawking the King James Version. But, many sects don’t use that version—Catholics and Eastern Orthodox for instance don’t. The main difference between KJV and the Catholic Bible is the Catholic version includes the deuterocanonical books of the Old Testament (Judith, Maccabees, Wisdom, etc., and the KJV does not. By selling one version, but not the other(s), Trump is favoring one denomination (Protestants) over others (Catholics and Eastern Orthodox). The Divider in Thief… errr Chief.

To be honest, I don't think Trump's people care what bible he chooses. He could write his own and they'd be on their knees praying over him in a robe and flip flops.

All the screeching over Trump selling Bibles is just another leftwing phony outrage, aka a distraction.

Btw, the God Bless the USA Bible will also include a page dedicated to the Constitution, the Pledge of Allegiance and a handwritten chorus to ‘God Bless The USA’ by Lee Greenwood.

Also, just so you know,

However, as the article states,

Tainting the bible with jingoism seem to be toeing the blasphemy line IMO.

Back
Top Bottom