• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump files federal paperwork, announces 2024 presidential run as GOP debates future: live updates

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Donald Trump files federal paperwork, announces 2024 presidential run as GOP debates future: live updates

WASHINGTON – Former president Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he will seek the presidency again in 2024, even as a rising number of Republicans are urging the party to look elsewhere in light of their 2022 midterm debacle.

"I am tonight announcing my candidacy for president of the United States," Trump said during an announcement speech at his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Fla.

Minutes before his scheduled 9 p.m. announcement from Mar-a-Lago, Trump filed a paperwork with the Federal Election Commission saying he was running for president in 2024, and setting up a fundraising account.

WOW what a train wreck that speech was . . how many lies were in it? LMAO

Man that reminded me how happy I am Donnie is no longer president, thank god.
Also reminded me how sad it is that anybody is dumb or gullible enough to fall for that stupidity.

Let the show begin, this is going to be entertaining!
😁 🍿

When is he going to break down and finally ask Putin to be his VP?

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today” -Trump 2018

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” - Trump 2022

Uncle Joe thanks, you Donnie.

Biden v. Trump. Biden wins
Harris v. Trump. Toss Up
Biden v. DeSantis Toss Up
Harris v. DeSantis DeSantis wins

Also reminded me how sad it is that anybody is dumb or gullible enough to fall for that stupidity.

😁 🍿
The sound of one hand clapping.

Reminds me of that dickstain Joe Arpaio, trying to run over and over, and losing...but collecting all the $$ from the stupid rubes.

Run Donald, I need to laugh at your pathetic ass.

Why has foxnews disabled my "freespeke" comment section on this topic. why are they preventing my speech?

The sound of one hand clapping.

Reminds me of that dickstain Joe Arpaio, trying to run over and over, and losing...but collecting all the $$ from the stupid rubes.

Run Donald, I need to laugh at your pathetic ass.

thats always the best part . . . . .

to think a self proclaims billionaire asked for donations to help with his legal funds and nutters actually did it to the tune of millions . . . . . .

one thing is for sure Donnie is arguably one of the best conmen of all times

thats always the best part . . . . .

to think a self proclaims billionaire asked for donations to help with his legal funds and nutters actually did it to the tune of millions . . . . . .

one thing is for sure Donnie is arguably one of the best conmen of all times
As his cult dies off at an accelerated rate.

Trump fan = batshit crazy cat lady

That even one American not named Trump has a hard on for this is a travesty. America is a wasteland devoid of intelligence, wisdom, and integrity.

ridiculous. It would be like Jefferson Davis or Benedict Arnold running for president. This should be illegal. Wait it already is.
Section 3 of the 14th amendment.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Hopefully he will win a few primaries and split the GOP into warring halves.

One supposition is that Mr. Donald Trump has weighed the projected inflow of cash to his coffers if he runs and if he doesn't run, and has chosen that path which maximizes his take.

But that supposition would be cynical, right?

If nothing else, we'll be treated to a delightful alternate history of his time in office.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

I do believe this could have the ability to lock up POTUS for the DNC in 2024.

Trump won’t quit. Not with his ego.

If the GOP doesn’t want him, he will run 3rd party and split the GOP/potential independent vote. His ego won’t let him step aside gracefully and the GOP knows it.

The DNC has a year (give or take) to make some choices. Will they run Biden for a second term? Do they look at other candidates seriously instead?

Harris doesn’t have the pull to run at the top of a ticket…so I don’t think you’ll see her as a candidate.

This is going to be a total shit show.

I do believe this could have the ability to lock up POTUS for the DNC in 2024.

Trump won’t quit. Not with his ego.

If the GOP doesn’t want him, he will run 3rd party and split the GOP/potential independent vote. His ego won’t let him step aside gracefully and the GOP knows it.

The DNC has a year (give or take) to make some choices. Will they run Biden for a second term? Do they look at other candidates seriously instead?

Harris doesn’t have the pull to run at the top of a ticket…so I don’t think you’ll see her as a candidate.

This is going to be a total shit show.
i agree he splits the vote and while we say in the midterms nutterism is dying down and MAGA is being rejected more than newly accepted i think donnie wins the primaries

Another thing i found interesting and funny at the same time is that even fox news cut away and started commentary?? LMAO

Was it that boring and predictable that even fox couldn't manage to stay on him and just suckle from the teet?

Man its going to be such a huge shit show and circus, donnie is probably already mad they cut away

Trump is a has-been. Desantis will probably mop the floor with him.

😁 🍿
This sounds like how we get stuck with Biden for another 4 years.

Trump is a has-been. Desantis will probably mop the floor with him.
im not sure that happens in a primary . . . .
head to head maybe
regardless with those two that isn't good for American either way

Biden v. Trump. Biden wins
Harris v. Trump. Toss Up
Biden v. DeSantis Toss Up
Harris v. DeSantis DeSantis wins

Declaring anyone to likely be a better POTUS candidate than Harris (or Trump) isn’t saying much.

Trump will win the primaries, just like all those Trump-endorsed candidates won their primaries during the midterms. And he will lose the general election, just like all those Trump-endorsed candidates lost in the general election.

And Trump will continue to collecti tens of millions from his adoring rubes. All the while the GOP will be paying his way.

He's still going to be indicted. The DOJ isn't going to be like, "Oh shit, he announced his candidacy. Investigation's over, boys, move on to something else."

Let the mudslinging in the GOP begin. :giggle:

I hope the GOP can come up with a candidate other than Trump.

Trump will win the primaries, just like all those Trump-endorsed candidates won their primaries during the midterms. And he will lose the general election, just like all those Trump-endorsed candidates lost in the general election.

And Trump will continue to collecti tens of millions from his adoring rubes. All the while the GOP will be paying his way.
So long as he doesn't incite another sedition when he loses.

Back
Top Bottom