• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s Support Among Republican Women Starts to Slide

Well Bernie's loss was definitely rigged, or certainly influenced by factors/people who were hell bent on him losing. But what I meant by that comment to Rob was that Trump is inevitably (when he loses) going to piss and moan and scream that elections are rigged. Something he wasn't doing when he was winning the primaries (without my help).

Actually, Trump was complaining about rigged primaries up until he actually won.

And then literally said "I'm not going to complain about that anymore, because I won. I don't care anymore."

Actually, Trump was complaining about rigged primaries up until he actually won.

And then literally said "I'm not going to complain about that anymore, because I won. I don't care anymore."

Why is it I can't shake the idea that saying that kind of idiotic crap only made his followers adore him even more?

Why is it I can't shake the idea that saying that kind of idiotic crap only made his followers adore him even more?

There's a segment of every population that will follow the loudest, brashest, "strong man" blindly. Who will buy into the fearmongering. "You're in danger, but I can protect you." Find a scapegoat, an enemy to fear, and tell the people you're the one to protect them. You're the greatest that ever was, the strongest, the smartest. They just gravitate towards that, even when it's all a facade. No, especially when it's all a facade.

9ouzpGC.png

In other countries, this is how tinpot dictators and fascists gain power. In America, we get this asshole.

There's a segment of every population that will follow the loudest, brashest, "strong man" blindly. Who will buy into the fearmongering. "You're in danger, but I can protect you." Find a scapegoat, an enemy to fear, and tell the people you're the one to protect them. You're the greatest that ever was, the strongest, the smartest. They just gravitate towards that, even when it's all a facade. No, especially when it's all a facade.

9ouzpGC.png

In other countries, this is how tinpot dictators and fascists gain power. In America, we get this asshole.

"I alone can solve". Christonacracker. I feel the need to wash my eyes out with bleach now.

And you're right about people flocking to someone who is perceived as a "savior". I don't do it myself but I get why others do it. What I don't get is why anyone thinks that ill-mannered arrogant reality-television jackass is the savior they have been waiting for.

"I alone can solve". Christonacracker. I feel the need to wash my eyes out with bleach now.

And you're right about people flocking to someone who is perceived as a "savior". I don't do it myself but I get why others do it. What I don't get is why anyone thinks that ill-mannered arrogant reality-television jackass is the savior they have been waiting for.

On this forum within the last day or two:

"I support Donald Trump because he understands the heartland."

He was born in New York, went to an ivy league business school, inherited tens of millions of dollars from his father, and sits on a literal golden throne atop a golden tower with his name emblazoned on it in giant golden letters.

There's nothing to get. There's no logic or reason behind any of it. It's pure, emotion-driven mass-hallucination.

On this forum within the last day or two:

"I support Donald Trump because he understands the heartland."

He was born in New York, went to an ivy league business school, inherited tens of millions of dollars from his father, and sits on a literal golden throne atop a golden tower with his name emblazoned on it in giant golden letters.

There's nothing to get. There's no logic or reason behind any of it. It's pure, emotion-driven mass-hallucination.

He understands the heartland
. Just kill me now. I swear there is not enough Tequila in the world to get me through the next 3 months.

He understands the heartland
. Just kill me now. I swear there is not enough Tequila in the world to get me through the next 3 months.

You and me both, sister. I feel bad for my Republican friends. The sane ones, anyway. They're decent people, just more conservative than I am. And over the last several months they're all slowly coming to the horrifying realization that they're in the minority. These right wing reactionary, ignorant, xenophobic assholes latching onto the biggest douchebag they could find? They're the majority in the Republican party, and always have been. We all used to think the whackos were just a fringe in the GOP. Every group has them, after all, and it's just the whackos who yell the loudest. Your folks wandering around with misspelled signs chanting "Taxed Enough Already" at a point in their lives where they'd literally never had lower tax rates. They're just the ones crazy enough to walk around with signs. Nobody rallies in the street around "Things are mostly ok but here are a few tweaks I'd like!!"

But they aren't the fringe, my inebriated friend. You are. The brain struggles with that. Inherently wants to reject the idea that the lunatics are the rule, not the exception. But the numbers don't lie. This is the manchild conservatives voted for.

Back
Top Bottom