• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s Las Vegas Hotel Is Officially Unionized

Being against Unions is for the working man, on this, and in the narrow view, Trump is on the right of it.

:lamo Oh please... Tell me more... Please tell me why.

:lamo Oh please... Tell me more... Please tell me why.

Because Unions don't care about their members, they care about their leadership. One merely need look at the ruin of Detroit to see why Unions are evil

Because Unions don't care about their members, they care about their leadership. One merely need look at the ruin of Detroit to see why Unions are evil

Again! The Detroit card!
Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before, lets save the whole falsehood of "companies cant afford unions". It would be one thing to show that union demands and organized labor is directly related to offshoring of jobs, but its a whole other to just say, "the situation Detroit is in now is because of unions".

Again! The Detroit card!
Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before, lets save the whole falsehood of "companies cant afford unions". It would be one thing to show that union demands and organized labor is directly related to offshoring of jobs, but its a whole other to just say, "the situation Detroit is in now is because of unions".

Deflecting from the truth and playing class warfare.

Unions are very bad for business, for employees, for financially intelligent decisions. What's the NUMBER one cause of municipal bankruptcies? Unions.

Deflecting from the truth and playing class warfare.
And now I new card comes form the deck.... "Class warfare" :roll:

Unions are very bad for business, for employees, for financially intelligent decisions. What's the NUMBER one cause of municipal bankruptcies? Unions.
Since you seem to ignore 3/4 of my earlier post I'll just repost it again

And now I new card comes form the deck.... "Class warfare" :roll:

Since you seem to ignore 3/4 of my earlier post I'll just repost it again

Class envy isn't solved with Union bull****.

So rights to organize are now "class envy"?

Oh look! Simplistic strawman attack! whatever shall I do, However shall I survive? Its what unions do, how they do it that is the problem but you don't like that because that's not as easy to change the discussion.

Last edited:
Oh look! Simplistic strawman attack!
:lamo You just said organized labor efforts are are, "Simplistic strawman attack" :lamo
I guess exercising a constitutional right are "simplistic and a straw man attack"

whatever shall I do, Hoeven shall I survive? Its what unions do, how they do it that is the problem but you don't like that because that's not as easy to change the discussion.
:lamo More ad hominems

:lamo You just said organized labor efforts are are, "Simplistic strawman attack" :lamo
I guess exercising a constitutional right are "simplistic and a straw man attack"

:lamo More ad hominems

Lol no. Not what I said and you've been reduced to trivialities. have a good night TDS Hug that che doll

I think the problem with unions right now is that the benefits they seek to secure have tremendous costs attached and that is what is hard to for employers to deal with.

Pensions and low cost/high coverage health care isn't affordable to most companies. They have no problems helping with 401K and retirement plan contributions. Health care is crazy on cost right now. We need a plan to make health care more affordable. I'm not talking ACA or anything just somehow bring the costs in line.

So your going to use the old talking point that organized labor forces business owners and CEO's to close the doors? Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before, lets save the whole falsehood of "companies cant afford unions". It would be one thing to show that union demands and organized labor is directly related to offshoring of jobs, but its a whole other to just say, "the situation Detroit is in now is because of unions".

Oh, there can be no question that the CEOs of the past should never have signed the contracts the Union fought for. But they did and those contracts sapped the companies' strength and reinforced their decline.

Oh, there can be no question that the CEOs of the past should never have signed the contracts the Union fought for. But they did and those contracts sapped the companies' strength and reinforced their decline.

Again, it would be one thing to show that union demands and organized labor is directly related to offshoring of jobs, but its a whole other to just say, "the situation Detroit is in now is because of unions".

Again, it would be one thing to show that union demands and organized labor is directly related to offshoring of jobs, but its a whole other to just say, "the situation Detroit is in now is because of unions".

I said it was union demands that management bowed to. There was near consensus on that, when the manufacturers were close to belly up. The only ones to break ranks with consensus openly were a couple of political people and the unions. But they did confirm it implicitly, when they accepted the measures to save the companies.

I said it was union demands that management bowed to. There was near consensus on that, when the manufacturers were close to belly up. The only ones to break ranks with consensus openly were a couple of political people and the unions. But they did confirm it implicitly, when they accepted the measures to save the companies.

Do you have anything to indicate that it was the union demands that caused the company to "belly up"?

Do you have anything to indicate that it was the union demands that caused the company to "belly up"?

Look the thing up. It is general knowledge that the company social programs were too expensive in downturns and drained the big three of funds that would have been needed for research. I mean, this was in all the papers. No need for research papers. If you cannot find it, it is because you don't want to.

Look the thing up. It is general knowledge that the company social programs were too expensive in downturns and drained the big three of funds that would have been needed for research. I mean, this was in all the papers. No need for research papers. If you cannot find it, it is because you don't want to.

So no, you cant provide anything to indicate this.

So no, you cant provide anything to indicate this.

I would have to do a literature search. To find good references would entail scanning a good number of articles. No. I am not interested in spending the time to supply general knowledge.

I would have to do a literature search. To find good references would entail scanning a good number of articles. No. I am not interested in spending the time to supply general knowledge.

If its "general knowledge" it should be fairly simple to find online references.
I guess to each their own
:2wave:

If its "general knowledge" it should be fairly simple to find online references.
I guess to each their own
:2wave:

Nope. It is always time consuming to find good links. As a matter of fact, general knowledge of that type is especially work intensive, because it is made of a patchwork of information and not a compact body of theory. That is why time thieves usually ask for that kind of link.

Nope. It is always time consuming to find good links. As a matter of fact, general knowledge of that type is especially work intensive, because it is made of a patchwork of information and not a compact body of theory. That is why time thieves usually ask for that kind of link.

So unions created the current situation Detroit is in, but you cant find information to prove this because of a "patchwork of theories"? Hmmmmm

So unions created the current situation Detroit is in, but you cant find information to prove this because of a "patchwork of theories"? Hmmmmm

Well, they were responsible for some of the fundamental factors leading from back then to today.

Isn't that like saying that they closed down a restaurant for being unsanitary, therefore all restaurants are unsanitary? All unions are not exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom