• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doesn't seem to matter the religion

As we've seen clearly as of late, religion is an excuse to hide true intentions. It's become a scam. From sex, to stiffing others human rights. Thankfully, with it coming all out in the open, many people are either leaving it, or regulating it.

I'm in AZ, and we all know the 4 corners are a gross abuse of the freedom of the religious to do terrible things in the name of nothing tangible.

The higher ups love a cover up

"Religion" merely uses the fear of God, for the control the behavior of others.

Have a look at Leviticus in the bible, a million or more "laws" of the "faith", including burning down your home & clothing if you get mildew.

Fact. Homosexuality was openly practiced in Egypt, Greece, and even Rome during the time of Christ's ministry. It it's so horrible as say your Southern Bapstists why didn't Jesus even make a comment? Was he scared of reprisals of the gay community?

No, homosexuality became a deadly sin when the Roman Church declared it's priesthood would never "join with a woman'....but guard his desires for Him.

More proof? The "missionary position"! Gay priests telling you how you can ****.

There's no god of any kind in that

"Religion" merely uses the fear of God, for the control the behavior of others.

Have a look at Leviticus in the bible, a million or more "laws" of the "faith", including burning down your home & clothing if you get mildew.

Fact. Homosexuality was openly practiced in Egypt, Greece, and even Rome during the time of Christ's ministry. It it's so horrible as say your Southern Bapstists why didn't Jesus even make a comment? Was he scared of reprisals of the gay community?

No, homosexuality became a deadly sin when the Roman Church declared it's priesthood would never "join with a woman'....but guard his desires for Him.

More proof? The "missionary position"! Gay priests telling you how you can ****.

There's no god of any kind in that
And that was all to up their base. **** only to produce more Catholics.

People who are trying to remain faithful hold no exemption against sin/the machinations of the devil, in fact he works harder on those whom he doesn't already own...case in point...King David and King Solomon...

People who are trying to remain faithful hold no exemption against sin/the machinations of the devil, in fact he works harder on those whom he doesn't already own...case in point...King David and King Solomon...
Oh yes, and the devil is used like a God to explain away the responsibility of the religious. Glad you brought that up. Quite the scam you've got going there.

And that was all to up their base. **** only to produce more Catholics.

I sense you are a "recovering Catholic" as well.

There's no thread on this...but the "Pope" was just here, in Canada. He came to ask forgiveness for the sins of "Residential School program that tortured Indian children for 70 years in this country

It was a theatrical production during which he forgot the words to the "Lord's Prayer" the one and only prayed Jesus left.

What amazed me was there was all this talk about 'humility', while a guy who has never known anything but other old white guys travels around in a 'use once & throw away' Jeep where he regally motions his hand in a kind of wave.
They had to build special chairs for him, three sets actually to have them in place well ahead of his arrival. He was made special slippers.
It was a well planned and executed spectacle, extravaganza....

I feel that Jesus had been hoping for worn out sandals, beggars robes, a bit of kneeling and forgiving gestures rather than a King of Priests.

Oh yes, and the devil is used like a God to explain away the responsibility of the religious. Glad you brought that up. Quite the scam you've got going there.
Wrong...that is no excuse, since God's Word gives us fair warning to be on guard against Satan...

"each of us will render an account for himself to God." Romans 14:12

Satan! Santa in another form.

As a recovering alcoholic/addict I can assure you people do not need a mystery character (who happens to be severely retarded!) on which to blame their sins.

Get rid of Satan OK? He's as real as Noah, or the dimwit swallowed by a "fish", it's likely Moses was six different men and what ****ing good is the ten commandments against Satan!
On that, a real god, one who is all powerful would not feel the need for the show of personal insecurity of having to make the first four of ten laws about him! That would be a god like Trump

Thou shalt not kill! And so they crucified a guy who had some good shit to say

Get rid of Satan OK?
That is Jehovah God's job, through His Son Jesus Christ, not mine...

"For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with you." Romans 16:20

God warns us to be on guard against Satan until that time...

"Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone." 1 Peter 5:8

Wrong...that is no excuse, since God's Word gives us fair warning to be on guard against Satan...

"each of us will render an account for himself to God." Romans 14:12

I'm with George Carlin.....a god who lives in the sky with ten laws, any one of which broken sends you to an eternal torture of fire, heat, smokes..but who LOVES YOU!
It is also interesting that all representatives of god in America now he's broke....MONEY! They always demand money, "the needs (a new Mercedes and a new pool) and there is so much suffering (the air conditioner is on the fritz) and we are the servants of god (one day a week anyway)

a god who lives in the sky with ten laws, any one of which broken sends you to an eternal torture of fire, heat, smokes..but who LOVES YOU!
He doesn't burn anyone...

That is Jehovah God's job, through His Son Jesus Christ, not mine...

"For his part, the God who gives peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. May the undeserved kindness of our Lord Jesus be with you." Romans 16:20

God warns us to be on guard against Satan until that time...

"Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone." 1 Peter 5:8

You know what? The god of my understanding crushed your imaginary satan's ass 34 years ago when He led me to a path of sobriety. I have searched many,many churches, been on council on one, and at the end of the day God's not there.

It's too full of human judgment and snobs. My god doesn't go to church ("chuch was invented a 1000 years after Jesus went home) you'd more likely find him at soup kitchens, AA meetings, homeless shelters...you know the kind of places He went when he was here.

I seem to recall His opinion of organized religion and how it is practiced involved a whip!

He actually burns everyone.

Book of Phoenix 14:76 "And God and Satan met at the bar later that night and lo they became chums and declared together, 'burn, baby, burn!' and thus everyone born after the year 852AD, when the 144,000 slots in Heaven were sold out, has burned."

You know what? The god of my understanding crushed your imaginary satan's ass 34 years ago when He led me to a path of sobriety. I have searched many,many churches, been on council on one, and at the end of the day God's not there.

It's too full of human judgment and snobs. My god doesn't go to church ("chuch was invented a 1000 years after Jesus went home) you'd more likely find him at soup kitchens, AA meetings, homeless shelters...you know the kind of places He went when he was here.

I seem to recall His opinion of organized religion and how it is practiced involved a whip!
"If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through" 2 Corinthians 4:3,4

He actually burns everyone.

Book of Phoenix 14:76 "And God and Satan met at the bar later that night and lo they became chums and declared together, 'burn, baby, burn!' and thus everyone born after the year 852AD, when the 144,000 slots in Heaven were sold out, has burned."

😊...

When God's word is the only "tangible" evidence of God's existence, that's a problem.

When God's word is the only "tangible" evidence of God's existence, that's a problem.
The world we live in is evidence enough for many...

Well according to you he designed and manufactured the mechanism through which non-believers are burnt. If that's the case than he might as well have lit the match himself.

The world we live in is evidence enough for many...
The World we live in is evidence of being created.... Not evidence of just whom that creator actually is/was.

So funny the hypocrisy of those that say, "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!" are the ones most likely to also say, "The devil made me do it."

Well according to you he designed and manufactured the mechanism through which non-believers are burnt. If that's the case than he might as well have lit the match himself.
Wrong...chapter and verse where He created hellfire, please...

The World we live in is evidence of being created.... Not evidence of just whom that creator actually is/was.
Reading the Bible is like reading tomorrow's newspaper...there's that...

So funny the hypocrisy of those that say, "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!" are the ones most likely to also say, "The devil made me do it."
It is, isn't it. The good God is responsible for all your good news, even if it's a good haircut, or you win an award. Then the bad God takes away any responsibility of the good God when shit hits the fan and things don't go the way you want.

Back
Top Bottom