• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does Trump want to be president?

It's a cool package he gets. Car, helicopter, plane, nice house, rose garden..... Free golfing? I mean, it's as good as it gets.

Yes, but the voters just might expect him to be able to solve a problem or two on occasion. I'm not so sure he's up to that.

The "meme", or speculative theory that was tossed out a while back was that Trump was running in order to help Hillary get into power. I'm still not ready to dismiss that one either.

I remember that one. But no, I remember seeing this one your pushing before. With so many conspiracies being bandied about, it's hard to remember specific dates. I think there was even a thread on it.

Regardless, unnamed sources, he said, she said, conjecture, etc,. etc., all the necessary ingredients of a conspiracy theory.

As I wrote, to me, just more evidence of the fear and desperation of those who can't imagine how truly pissed voters are.

I remember that one. But no, I remember seeing this one your pushing before. With so many conspiracies being bandied about, it's hard to remember specific dates. I think there was even a thread on it.

Regardless, unnamed sources, he said, she said, conjecture, etc,. etc., all the necessary ingredients of a conspiracy theory.

As I wrote, to me, just more evidence of the fear and desperation of those who can't imagine how truly pissed voters are.

Do you think they're actually pissed enough to fall for Trump's con?

I have to admit, that possibility is a bit frightening.

or does he just want to be a candidate?

He wants his VP to be in charge of domestic and foreign policy (is t here another kind?) while he works on "making America Great again."

No doubt by wearing a cap that says, "Make America Great Again."

What a joke this candidate is!

source

Just when you think you heard it all, you hear something new. I'm still surprised Pence accepted to be Trump's VP. Maybe that was the deal he also made with Pence. It would take something akin to Trump if he wins to turn running the country over to his VP. Perhaps all Trump wants is the title, none of the responsibility.

Just when you think you heard it all, you hear something new. I'm still surprised Pence accepted to be Trump's VP. Maybe that was the deal he also made with Pence. It would take something akin to Trump if he wins to turn running the country over to his VP. Perhaps all Trump wants is the title, none of the responsibility.

Seems like a possibility at least.

Of course he does, he's an evil, fascistic megalomaniac. And anyone supporting or defending him should be charged with treason and arrested.

Why not, they fell for obamas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The voters elected Obama because they were bent out of shape about the status quo?
I suppose that's possible. He did campaign on "hope and change." It didn't happen, but that was the promise.

Now, people hope for change with Trump as president, and they just might get it.
The problem is, not all change is for the better.

That's the odd thing about trump. He gets endorsements you don't expect him capable of. They all basically say he is much more grounded and together than he appears in the public. I hope they are right because I really don't see anyone defeating him.

One thing I have not heard anyone talk about with his run is that he has flipped the script on the dems. Last nights speech might be the most remarkable example to date although claiming bush lied to start a war in Iraq is a close second. Today however he has the dems defending America current condition. It's typically the dems attacking and the republicans defending our policies and he turned it around on them. Once they start the debates Clinton is going to implode.

Trump is a democrat in every sense of the word and he is running with an R at the end of his name. That's why the conventional rules don't apply to him. Love him, or hate him, he is a pioneer

That's the odd thing about trump. He gets endorsements you don't expect him capable of. They all basically say he is much more grounded and together than he appears in the public. I hope they are right because I really don't see anyone defeating him.

One thing I have not heard anyone talk about with his run is that he has flipped the script on the dems. Last nights speech might be the most remarkable example to date although claiming bush lied to start a war in Iraq is a close second. Today however he has the dems defending America current condition. It's typically the dems attacking and the republicans defending our policies and he turned it around on them. Once they start the debates Clinton is going to implode.

Trump is a democrat in every sense of the word and he is running with an R at the end of his name. That's why the conventional rules don't apply to him. Love him, or hate him, he is a pioneer

Either Nate Silver or Larry Sabato described Trump as an independent running as a Republican. In a way that makes sense. Trump has been a three time Democrat, a three time Republican, three time independent and a member of my party for about a year, the Reform Party. His lifetime political philosophy is more attuned to the Democratic Party with some changed when he decided to run as a Republican.

Yeah, I think an independent running as a Republican is just about right. He doesn't fit the mold of a Republican. That may be why Trump is having a hard time getting a lot of lifelong Republicans to back him. They don't view him as a Republican even when he has won their nomination.

If Trump is capable of convincing Republicans to run a Democrat as their nominee, maybe he really is more capable than he appears to be.

Yes, but the voters just might expect him to be able to solve a problem or two on occasion. I'm not so sure he's up to that.

Oh, it will be heel trying to use all the benefits at first. But given time, he can probably manage the fun.

Back
Top Bottom