• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does communism force a portion of the population to live in poverty?

Does communism cause most of the population to live in poverty?

• Total voters

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Well, can the anti-capitalists agree that communism causes poverty, dispair and drunkeness? The rest of you can speak up too.

Last edited:
In my opinion, yes, it will cause poverty, as will any economic system.

Well, can the anti-capitalists agree that communism causes poverty, dispair and drunkeness? The rest of you can speak up too.

Enacting communism is incredibly difficult.
You have to have near perfectly moral government officials to keep things in check.

So far in practice it doesn't work well.

lmao.. gd ten charactors.

Those things exist in human society regardless of what system of government you choose.

Sure some countries have it less then others.

There's A LOT of poverty in America, a lot of alcoholism.

Less poverty in Canada i'd say, but a decent amount of alcoholism given our population size. Especially in Rural Areas, and unfortunately in Native Reserves.

I'm not pro communist or pro capitalist. I believe a balance in the middle is the only solution. It's been proven free enterprise on its own cannot solve every problem. And government on it's own can be too wasteful. A mixed economy seems to be a better outcome for most people.

You have to have near perfectly moral government officials to keep things in check.

that with any economic system...including Capitalism

that with any economic system...including Capitalism

The poverty of society is less pronounced with capitalism, than it is with any communist system, that has existed.

Often these quasi communist systems adopt policies that influence more poverty than there would have been.

Eh.. there are only two choices and both choices are yes..

How is this then a poll?

Often these quasi communist systems adopt policies that influence more poverty than there would have been.
Indeed. Castro recently admitted that Cuban communism doesn't work. North Korea is another shining example.

Indeed. Castro recently admitted that Cuban communism doesn't work. North Korea is another shining example.

Thing is, niether Cuba, and especially North Korea, were never truly Communist, in fact North Korea is so far removed from Communism it's scary.

Communism cases none of what you mentioned. Is there poverty in your capitalist USA? If capitalism is so great why than do Americans take more antidespressants than any other nation in the world? The Use of Alcohol in the USA is also very high. Now what actually are you asking. It seems to me that Capitalism causes poverty, dispair and drunkeness. Your post is meaningless. If you want to attack Communism attack it with something that is not also true of your nation. This is a silly question.

Those things exist in human society regardless of what system of government you choose.

Sure some countries have it less then others.

There's A LOT of poverty in America, a lot of alcoholism.

Less poverty in Canada i'd say, but a decent amount of alcoholism given our population size. Especially in Rural Areas, and unfortunately in Native Reserves.

I'm not pro communist or pro capitalist. I believe a balance in the middle is the only solution. It's been proven free enterprise on its own cannot solve every problem. And government on it's own can be too wasteful. A mixed economy seems to be a better outcome for most people.

It's called being pragmatic.

Where may I ask has Communiism been practiced?

The poverty of society is less pronounced with capitalism, than it is with any communist system, that has existed.

How do you know this? What Communist country have you been to? The poverty in the USA is just as poor as anywhere in the world. Poor is Poor and all the defaults on mortgages say that this is so.

How do you know this? What Communist country have you been to? The poverty in the USA is just as poor as anywhere in the world. Poor is Poor and all the defaults on mortgages say that this is so.

:lol:

Not even close.
Poverty is the U.S. is nowhere near the poverty in Cuba or North Korea.

Castro admitted that the economy is failing. He never used the word Communist. You added that for punch. North Korea is a dictatorship and not Communistic in any way. Cuba is not a Communist nation either for that matter that is why Castro said nothing of the Communist economy.

Last edited:
Castro admitted that the economy is failing. He never used the word Communist. You added that for punch. North Korea is a dictatorship and not Communistic in any way.

Communism can be organized under an authoritarian ruler, same for capitalism.

Castro put communes into practice.
They produced stagnation and inefficiency.
Giving people certificates for working longer hours does not induce them to work more for the commune.

Authoritarian communism has been practiced all over the world.
You know where.
I do? That is a suprise. I have never seen a Communist nation. I would like you to asstound us with your knowledge of Communism and explain what countries and how they are Communist. I will sit back and wait on these golden words of wisdom.

This is a silly thread.. lol. But fun none the less. Capitalism creates low incomes.. brags about it. Communism creates low income because it's supposed to be cashless. The two systems are diametrically opposed. One because it is based on monetary income is individualistic and ultimately without governmental regulation.. anarchist. The other collectivist.. which negates the individual and their particular efforts by supplying the same services to someone who is less in demand. See even supply and demand has a priority in a cashless society. Which makes monetary representation really helpful. At any rate the collective effort brags about limiting income disparity and fails miserably. To be fair the market is not a governmental system like say democracy and communism. The market is just there as long as there is monetary representation. It is separate but at the same time some beast we have in our house that needs to be tended to.

Last edited:
Communism can be organized under an authoritarian ruler, same for capitalism.

Castro put communes into practice.
They produced stagnation and inefficiency.
Giving people certificates for working longer hours does not induce them to work more for the commune.
Castro did not organize a Communist nation. He organized a nation where he had all the power. He did nothing to establish a Communistic economy. He continued to have the haves and the jave nots. He robbed from the rich to supposedly spread the wealth. He kept the wealth for himself. Why do you think he and Che parted ways. Che and he did not agree on the way the country should be set up. Castro is a diictator plain and simple very much like Stalin though the death toll is lower. Maybe because the population is lower.

The parts cannot be greater than the whole. The individual must sacrifice and take only from the system what would help to maintain its integrity for the good of everyone.Then the state would be rich to adminster the resources for the common good(CHINA). The poverty would be a shared blessing for the citizens to help keep their national passion for collectiveization for the good of the Country. The highest moral achievment of all the individuals in the communist system-To advance the cause of the party leaders who represent the state.

Cuba and North Korea are not Communist. So what exactly are you talking about?

I am talking about exactly what has happened, not a theoretical concept.

The egalitarianism promoted by communist believers can not exist.
There is no human propensity to create and maintain such a system.
It is a pie in the sky system of "everyone has equal power and will not abuse anyone else."

Plainly, with universal suffrage, we see that people will abuse others.
Communism can be organized under an authoritarian regime and has been.

I am talking about exactly what has happened, not a theoretical concept.

The egalitarianism promoted by communist believers can not exist.
There is no human propensity to create and maintain such a system.
It is a pie in the sky system of "everyone has equal power and will not abuse anyone else."

Plainly, with universal suffrage, we see that people will abuse others.
Communism can be organized under an authoritarian regime and has been.
Communisim is truly evolved to. When a nation is forced via revolution it sets military as a very important operative. This allows for the extreme that you saw when Stalin rose to power. It is what has happened no nation after nation. It is believed that Communism can follow revolution and it has never happened. The power base is set in the military and leads to tyrants and dichtators.

Back
Top Bottom