• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

does Australia exist?

My neighbour has one of those (the dog, not an Australia).

Beautiful and intelligent doggos. Pretty darn lively!
To address similarities/relations, I used to have a Borderline Collie.:LOL:

Australia may exist, but i would argue it should not. Yes, i am denying Australia's right to exist, on the grounds of there being way too many ways to die there. Plus everything scary is too big. The spiders are too big, the snake are too big, the crocs are too big and the sharks are too big.

And the cute little stuff will kill you too. That adorable little octopus? Yeah, it'll kill you. Jellyfish? Kinda cute. They'll kill you.

Nope. Australia may exist, but that was a mistake.
Don't forget wombats, their cute look is totally deceptive.

He's a puppy.. Lively is an understatement.. Lol.. But a good dog, will be better once he gets out of his chewing stage...
Thing to do is buy it a herd of sheep to keep it busy.

Incidentally, the borderline collie and its Australian offshoot totally misunderstand the concept of herding and its purpose.

Once the herd is in the pen, the dog's satisfied and happy lolling at the owner does not signify "Well, didn't we do a good job there?"

What it signifies is "Now that we got them all together, when do we go and kill them?" ;)

Rumpel obviously got his hands on some classified documents and realized why he couldn't find Australia, BUT he is trying to put the genie back in the bottle by not coming clean on what he found in that document. And as I am retired I don't have to chase him down and find out how he got his hands on that document.

Oh, sorry - - - y'all want to know the secret, yes?

Australia is a submersible. And one post here shows me that secret was well kept. Even in New Zealand you didn't know that about Australia.

Unfortunately, now that this 'debatepolitics' thread gets out on the search engines and the Captain of Australia finds out that Rumpel let the secret out there won't be any more dropping below the surface.

Of course, you'll notice that right away if you going fishing along the shores of any of our oceans - - - no more tides. I mean, did you folks really believe that nonsense that the Moon was causing the tides.

Since I have lived in both countries I am going to vote - yes!! Is this another one of those crazy maga conspiracy theories?
no!

it is a satire …

Rumpel obviously got his hands on some classified documents and realized why he couldn't find Australia, BUT he is trying to put the genie back in the bottle by not coming clean on what he found in that document. And as I am retired I don't have to chase him down and find out how he got his hands on that document.

Oh, sorry - - - y'all want to know the secret, yes?

Australia is a submersible. And one post here shows me that secret was well kept. Even in New Zealand you didn't know that about Australia.

Unfortunately, now that this 'debatepolitics' thread gets out on the search engines and the Captain of Australia finds out that Rumpel let the secret out there won't be any more dropping below the surface.

Of course, you'll notice that right away if you going fishing along the shores of any of our oceans - - - no more tides. I mean, did you folks really believe that nonsense that the Moon was causing the tides.
thank heavens there are those who understand satire

How long did that take you?

We sailed from Finland in early June, spent the summer in England with one trip over to Ireland and a week in the Channel Islands before setting off for Cape Town in early October - 42 days at sea, then a couple weeks in Cape Town before setting off to Australia, which took 26 days.

We sailed from Finland in early June, spent the summer in England with one trip over to Ireland and a week in the Channel Islands before setting off for Cape Town in early October - 42 days at sea, then a couple weeks in Cape Town before setting off to Australia, which took 26 days.
I'm more than a little jealous at that expeince. What boat did you use to make that passage?

Is Australia a made up word?

Easy to find online that British explorer. Matthew Flinders, used the name on a hand-drawn map after he had circled the continent in 1803. He created the name from the Latin word "australis" which translates as "southern"

Finland is another candidate for non.existence.
the theory said that it is an invention of Russia and Japan.

Easy to find online that British explorer. Matthew Flinders, used the name on a hand-drawn map after he had circled the continent in 1803. He created the name from the Latin word "australis" which translates as "southern"
So a Latin made up the name...

Back
Top Bottom