• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DO YOU THINK THIS NEEDS A READ ?

The comming die off of species.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw today 1.1 million Solar units in operation, 420 GW of power produced, 320,000 Tons of Coal not burned and 730 sheep grazing the Solar farm Sites. Now thas the power of employment ! ,...:cool:...

Doesn't get any crazier than this !

Consider the source. The WWF has a financial interest in this story. It is just another bogus nonsense story they manufactured as a means of gaining funding.

Only about 800 extinctions have been documented in the past 400 years, according to data held by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The estimates vary widely from 24 species to 150 species disappearing per day, but that is based entirely upon computer models and not observed data. Nobody really has any clue.

Yale's School of the Environment explains it better than I:

Consider the source. The WWF has a financial interest in this story. It is just another bogus nonsense story they manufactured as a means of gaining funding.

Only about 800 extinctions have been documented in the past 400 years, according to data held by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The estimates vary widely from 24 species to 150 species disappearing per day, but that is based entirely upon computer models and not observed data. Nobody really has any clue.

Yale's School of the Environment explains it better than I:

Cool! Thanks for passing this along.

Fun fact: back about 251 million years ago there was something that triggered some massive climate change and acidification of the oceans (like increased CO2) which caused the elimination of something like 57% biological families and up to 81% of marine species. The worst extinction event in earth's history and it may be tied in part to CO2 or a worse greenhouse gas methane.

Now imagine humanity being able to produce enough CO2 or methane to change the climate! LOL.

Fun fact: back about 251 million years ago there was something that triggered some massive climate change and acidification of the oceans (like increased CO2) which caused the elimination of something like 57% biological families and up to 81% of marine species. The worst extinction event in earth's history and it may be tied in part to CO2 or a worse greenhouse gas methane.

Now imagine humanity being able to produce enough CO2 or methane to change the climate! LOL.
There is a limit to how much CO2 human activity can produce, but the hydrocarbon sources will price themselves from the market long before then!

There is a limit to how much CO2 human activity can produce, but the hydrocarbon sources will price themselves from the market long before then!

Thank heavens! Are we sure that the limit on us is less than what it would require to alter the climate in any measurable way? And what is that limit?

Thank heavens! Are we sure that the limit on us is less than what it would require to alter the climate in any measurable way? And what is that limit?
“Any measurable way”, is too high a bar, as we can already measure human impact on the climate, the question is will the changes be beneficial or negative?
I want to say that I read somewhere that all the nature hydrocarbons thought to exist, if burned would increase the CO2 level to about 4000 ppm.
But just because it is there, does not mean it is economical to use!

“Any measurable way”, is too high a bar, as we can already measure human impact on the climate, the question is will the changes be beneficial or negative?

Oh, sorry. I thought CO2 wasn't a real problem. But it is, the only question is will it be good or bad for us? (It's hard to keep it all straight, this is complex science!)

I want to say that I read somewhere that all the nature hydrocarbons thought to exist, if burned would increase the CO2 level to about 4000 ppm.

4000ppm. That doesn't sound like a lot does it? Isn't ppm "parts per million"? That's small, right?

But just because it is there, does not mean it is economical to use!

I don't want to run out of gas or coal! It gets cold in the winter and I like to drive places. I hope they find new ways to get all the coal and oil out of the ground. We sure can use it! Gas prices are too high!

And maybe more gas and coal is being made in the earth right now that we can get!

Oh, sorry. I thought CO2 wasn't a real problem. But it is, the only question is will it be good or bad for us? (It's hard to keep it all straight, this is complex science!)

4000ppm. That doesn't sound like a lot does it? Isn't ppm "parts per million"? That's small, right?

I don't want to run out of gas or coal! It gets cold in the winter and I like to drive places. I hope they find new ways to get all the coal and oil out of the ground. We sure can use it! Gas prices are too high!

And maybe more gas and coal is being made in the earth right now that we can get!
We will run out of the economy viable hydrocarbon fuels, no matter what we do!
To continue our modern first world lifestyles, will require us to find alternate ways to store energy.
Solar can produce enough energy, but not in a form suitable for our current demands.

Just more bullshit. These nutter eco cultists always predicts some sort of doomsday prophecy every few years or so so they can sucker more idiots to fund their coffers.

Example: in 1989 the UN predicted that the Maldives would be underwater if something wasnt done right away. That was more than 32 years ago.

And here's that snake oil salesman Al Gore telling everyone that the polar ice caps would have be gone by 2016.

And the cultists continue to believe in them all. Suckers. :LOL:

Just more bullshit. These nutter eco cultists always predicts some sort of doomsday prophecy every few years or so so they can sucker more idiots to fund their coffers.

Example: in 1989 the UN predicted that the Maldives would be underwater if something wasnt done right away. That was more than 32 years ago.

And here's that snake oil salesman Al Gore telling everyone that the polar ice caps would have be gone by 2016.

Funny you don't see more from Al Gore these days. I wonder if he's still doing research on global warming. I'd like to read some of his papers but his movie was so boring I doubt I could make it through his SCIENCE papers! LOL.

You're the one getting your science information from Al Gore LMAO

Al Gore is a pretty famous climate scientist. I saw his science movie. Who should I get my climate science from?

And how was the carbon cycle being disrupted 250 million years ago? It wasn't.

Al Gore is a pretty famous climate scientist. I saw his science movie. Who should I get my climate science from?
Al Gore is a politician with a degree in government. By no stretch of imagination is he a scientist.

Al Gore is a politician with a degree in government. By no stretch of imagination is he a scientist.

No, I'm pretty sure Al Gore is a scientist. He went to Harvard or some place like that. I think he accidentally wound up in government when Bill Clinton figured that he needed someone with a little more scientific cred to round out the ticket.

No, I'm pretty sure Al Gore is a scientist. He went to Harvard or some place like that.
Where he got a degree in government.

He also went to law school at Vanderbilt but didn't finish.

Wikipedia shit when it comes up like that, man. Save yourself some trouble.

Where he got a degree in government.

He also went to law school at Vanderbilt but didn't finish.

Wikipedia shit when it comes up like that, man. Save yourself some trouble.

Oh. OK. Thanks. I didn't think to check it. My bad. (Are you sure he didn't do some science research, though?)

Oh. OK. Thanks. I didn't think to check it. My bad. (Are you sure he didn't do some science research, though?)
Yes, I'm sure.

He's a spokesman. There's nothing wrong with that, it's a message that needs to hit home with people. But we shouldn't attempt to derive our scientific understanding of climate change from him specifically. Conversely, one shouldn't brush off climate change just because they think Al Gore stands to profit from our efforts to combat it. "Al Gore will make millions off solar panels!!" is not a scientific argument against the potential damage from our CO2 emissions, and anyone who thinks it is an argument is really dumb.

You know where Al Gore got his "science" from? The same charlatans that you so fanatically believe in. :LOL:

Funny you don't see more from Al Gore these days. I wonder if he's still doing research on global warming. I'd like to read some of his papers but his movie was so boring I doubt I could make it through his SCIENCE papers! LOL.
Al Gore is counting is stacks of money that he made while sitting in his beach house after all the suckers believed him. LOL

Extinction events may have been Volcanism releases during the huge Continental shifting periods, Mountains popping up due to India slamming into the Asia creating Himalaya's, the Rockies, the Alps and all others, changed the Earths weather ?

Back
Top Bottom