• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think the far left pushed too hard and too fast...creating a divide between party and people?

Eddiehaskell

Reaction score
We can argue the particulars of policy all day, but one thing has become evident to me — the Democratic Party has pushed the party too far left too fast and left their base behind.

The base I’m talking about is closer to 80s/90s Democrats.

Now I don’t totally think it’s the fault of good meaning people. I think it’s just that the internet allowed these people to all think about their issues and make some sort of change in an organized manner (think BLM).

Anyone else feel like expanding on my thoughts?

The TEAt Party did that on election eve 2008.

We can argue the particulars of policy all day, but one thing has become evident to me — the Democratic Party has pushed the party too far left too fast and left their base behind.

The overwhelmingly criticism of the far left is that the Democratic Party is not far left enough, and that it is too centrist.

Could history look back at the Tea Party being more significant than ever thought by “legit” academics?

I feel like this is a message breathed into existence and circulated online. I feel like most people in this country have more commonalities than differences.

Joe Biden dominated the primaries and, as of last week, is officially the nominee.

I feel like this is a message breathed into existence and circulated online. I feel like most people in this country have more commonalities than differences.

The thing is you claim people have more in common yet you go and blame the 'other' side for all the issues thereby alienting people all over again.

I’m not blaming any side for anything. All differences in this country are mainly within the digital realm of existence to my mind.

The TEAt Party did that on election eve 2008.

Yeah, the TEA party. I recall the great offense many lefties took to their behavior at town hall meetings and how they would wring their hands over their “violent rhetoric”. These same people are conspicuously quiet about actual lefty violence.

The thing is you claim people have more in common yet you go and blame the 'other' side for all the issues thereby alienting people all over again.

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. We clearly have very little in common.

The left is nanners. There's no doubt about that. They let themselves be cowed by the mob. It was inevitable since they empowered the mob.

You may speak as a person that the average American would define as somewhat far left. A population which heavily influences online material and thusly conversation and feelings.

Well when you give power to a mob in today’s digital society — you give power to each individual that is part of that mob and you take the consequences of what comes of the mobs actions.

I spoke those words into existence a week ago and the republicans ran with it.

It’s brilliant political strategy....not sure if Trump was involved in the planning but I wouldn’t be surprised.

He let the nation/world get into a fever like never before and then made his grand speech about fixing it. He knows how to put on a show and box others in by their own ideas.

Brilliant move never sending in troops despite cries from his base to nip it in the bud and cease the madness. Now we get to watch democrats squirm as Trump becomes the savior of liberal elites who don’t really care for the madness and complete upheaval of a society that was running like a finely tuned watch just 6 months ago.

Even liberals when contained in a voting booth will vote for retained home equity and society back to 2016-2019 over complete and utter ruin in the democratic led cities they helped create, nourish and build. They essentially maintain that Trump is a continuance of the American revival started by Obama.

Ok, some will take a breath and put all the political rhetoric behind them. They’ll simply proceed with logic and look out for the green.

The writing is on the wall. Just look at the swing I’m betting odds. Momentum is a real thing and it carry anyone to victory....just look at that #16 seed that beat a #1.

Obviously with momentum and being a sitting POTUS that gets to control how we clean up things over the next 2-3 months — Trump will simply strut to victory.

I say this as a liberal that works in academia who also attempts to be as liberally neutral as possible.

Last edited:

The base I’m talking about is closer to 80s/90s Democrats.

Now I don’t totally think it’s the fault of good meaning people. I think it’s just that the internet allowed these people to all think about their issues and make some sort of change in an organized manner (think BLM).

Anyone else feel like expanding on my thoughts?

It's really poor leadership from the democrats and the extreme left is part of the problem.

I bet we do..:mrgreen:

Outside of politics, that is.:2razz:

Ok, maybe outside politics. Unfortunately, politics have been expanding into everything (and all sides have contributed to that).

Now it’s up to Trump to extend an olive branch by conceding a few things to those that just rationally want fair and honest cops.

He will probably come out and support increases body camera usage and perhaps even 24/7 voice recording of police activity in communities with the most problems with police brutality.

That’s how you negotiate.

You use you platform to negotiate with the people.

If the other side accuses you of something — have an answer or throw 20% of them a bone (doing something while still pleasing the locked in vote enough). Increasing property value, cities back to, normal, doing the best we can to deal with COVID (I certainly haven’t done much differently), etc.

Those are issues in which Americans have more commonalities than differences.

And yes, we accept that cities are likely changing forever but we as a nation will get through it. Live in the burbs and drive to the cities.

This will definitely speed up the development of mass transit in America.

That’s a perk for me.

Live 20 minutes outside the city by car, but get get there in 5 minutes?

Yes, may I please have another.

Yes, like I said...I’m not sure if Trump has a hand in it but I know those in the know also know where to find messages that resonate with the people enough to change national discourse.

Back
Top Bottom