• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

do you think that homosexuality is an abomination? (2 Viewers)

do you?

• Total voters
No. Homosexuality is a deviation from the norm. That's it.

NO.

Some straight people who condemn gay relations use the same "techniques" that some gay people use.

Don't forget: pleasuring oneself was once also considered an abomination.

Today some doctors actually feel it is helpful in helping to prevent certain diseases. You can google for details.

Proverbs 6:16-19 KJV

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
*Posts something in a discord server simply to be contrary*

how did they know so exactly?

nine x no now :)

My gauge of whether a behavior is moral/ethical or not is by asking the question: who is this hurting?

I don’t see homosexual behavior as hurting anyone.

Over some glasses of very good wine, I had this discussion with several biologist at a university, several decades ago.
From an evolution perspective homosexuality is a defect, because it does not promote the continuation of the species.
If homosexuality is genetic, wide spread acceptance would lead the trait to disappear, as fewer homosexuals would reproduce
due to social pressure.

I think religions are abominations and I have the impression that you do too.

And being gay isn't in that list.

Over some glasses of very good wine, I had this discussion with several biologist at a university, several decades ago.
From an evolution perspective homosexuality is a defect, because it does not promote the continuation of the species.
If homosexuality is genetic, wide spread acceptance would lead the trait to disappear, as fewer homosexuals would reproduce
due to social pressure.
There are actually several evolutionary benefits for homosexuality. From something as simple as strengthening bonds in social animals, to nature's population control, to homosexual pairs taking care of orphaned/abandoned young.

due to social pressure.
Homosexuality is observed in nature and can provide evolutionary benefits to a population. Also, Homosexuality does not mean infertility. Besides, homosexuals are born from heterosexuals and we're already overpopulated.

Depends on your definition of abominable.

There are all sorts of abominable activities, drinking, gambling, illicit sex, war, drugs, tattoos, pollution, dissing the weather, greed, corruption, etc, all abominations. The 2017 tax cut is ana abomination, Tim Scott and Trump are abominations, the Supreme Court is an abomination, I, am an abomination, having not showered yesterday and today, smoking my dope. The entire material world is an abomination.

due to social pressure.
Actually not surprising. Considering how often you display your ignorance on science and have a habit of misquoting science that you would come up with the most ridiculous non scientific based opinion here.

Homosexuality is observed in nature and can provide evolutionary benefits to a population. Also, Homosexuality does not mean infertility. Besides, homosexuals are born from heterosexuals and we're already overpopulated.
So is/does cannibalism.

due to social pressure.
Almost all LGB (99%) people have 2 heterosexual parents, so its not genetic. Its 2-3% of the population so its not at risk for elimination.

Yes, and? What's your point?
Because something occurs in nature is irrelevant to whether it promotes human flourishing. Because something may confer evolutionary benefits is also irrelevant to whether it promotes human flourishing.

Actually I don't care about your sexuality, or Longview's. I just saw your post that is often repeated as if it sounds like it might mean something, but in reality does not.

That's why I replied.

Because something occurs in nature is irrelevant to whether it promotes human flourishing. Because something may confer evolutionary benefits is also irrelevant to whether it promotes human flourishing.
Humans are already flourishing. How is that relevant?
Actually I don't care about your sexuality, or Longview's. I just saw your post that is often repeated as if it sounds like it might mean something, but in reality does not.

That's why I replied.
I simply provided a fact. Nothing more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom