• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you think she should be allowed back?

Do you think she should be allowed back to the same school?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • 2. No

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Do you think he should be allowed back?

First of all, he is not a she, you can't take a male brain and turn it into a female brain.

Having said that, although it is the goal of homosexual extremists to remove all parental rights that conflict with their agenda, I vote squarely in favor of the parents exercising their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Assembly.

Herkilon said:
First of all, he is not a she, you can't take a male brain and turn it into a female brain.

Having said that, although it is the goal of homosexual extremists to remove all parental rights that conflict with their agenda, I vote squarely in favor of the parents exercising their Constitutional Right of Freedom of Assembly.

I think parents should be allowed to say something when a individual who apprently is insane wants to be involved with their children.

Herkilon said:
That's the thing, though. If 'he' was genuinely transsexual, which it seems 'he' is, then 'he' was born with a "female brain". That is, 'he' was born physiologically female and anatomically male.

He/she is going to get royally ripped to shreds once the kids see a few episodes of South Park. :mrgreen:

He can choose to have the crown jewels hacked off if he wants, that's fine by me. The resultant she can choose to continue with her job and the school can welcome her back, again all fine and dandy. Some parents may be perfectly happy to have their children taught by Mrs Garrison and answer any questions raised, again no problem. But if some parents do not wish to have their children exposed to such a complex and highly unusual situation at this age then the teacher, school board and the more liberal parents ought to be obliged to bow to that pressure and move the teacher to a different grade, because none of them have any rights to tell those conservative parents how to raise these kinds of issues with their kids. There should be no question of compromising for the individual teachers personal life as she and the school are providing a service that has been paid for in taxes, the parents are the customer, if they choose to wait until their kids are older then that should be respected. If the teacher, school and liberals accept that some parents don't want the issue raised, and those parents accept that the individual has made a personal decision, then I see no reason why the teacher cannot be moved to a higher grade class and the younger kids confront the issue in a year or two's time. The liberals kids aren't going to lose out on anything by delaying the questions.

Of course, older kids are likely to be merciless in ripping on the teacher, but that goes with the territory unfortunately, as a servant responsible to the taxpayer she can't dictate to parents when their kids confront her life choices.

Kerr-ching!:twocents:

Datamonkee said:
but how do you explain this to a 7 year old?

With honesty, tolerance and sensitivity.
Kids of that age accept things at face value. Leave it till they've been exposed to the hateful influences of the gossip hungry press and hate insprirng religions, and they really will have a chance to develop intolerance and hatred.

jamesrage said:
I think parents should be allowed to say something when a individual who apprently is insane wants to be involved with their children.

You mean like, you should be able to keep your kids home if George Bush is coming on a visit to the school?

Urethra Franklin said:
With honesty, tolerance and sensitivity.
Kids of that age accept things at face value. Leave it till they've been exposed to the hateful influences of the gossip hungry press and hate insprirng religions, and they really will have a chance to develop intolerance and hatred.
I agree, parents teaching their kids that this sort of thing is horrible is what makes it horrible for them. Kids are perfectly capable of adapting to virtually any kind of human culture, it's the adults who get bent out of shape over it and influence their kids to do the same.

Urethra Franklin said:
You mean like, you should be able to keep your kids home if George Bush is coming on a visit to the school?

I can tell by your sarcasm that you would not mind if a homocidal maniac taught children since you clearly see no problem with insane people teaching children.

jamesrage said:
I can tell by your sarcasm that you would not mind if a homocidal maniac taught children since you clearly see no problem with insane people teaching children.

Insane people need help.
I don't consider transgenders to be insane and have no problem with them being teachers.
You jump to conclusions about others far too quickly swwetpea. It comes accross as arrogant.
Are you single?

I have no problem with this person being a teacher. Whether or not she should return to the school where she was formerly known as a man is an issue for the school district. I would do that and if I were the school superintendent, I wouldn't do it. The school is for the children and not for the parents or the teachers. My question would simply be, would this, and the attendant hysteria, be good or bad for the children?

Datamonkee said:
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060228%2F0418193875.htm&sc=1110

EAGLESWOOD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - To students at Eagleswood Elementary School, she used to be Mr. McBeth. Now, after undergoing a sex change, 71-year-old Lily McBeth is ready to return to teaching as Miss McBeth.

Despite criticism from parents, the school board on Monday stood by its decision to allow McBeth to resume working as a substitute teacher.

After two hours of public debate and a private meeting with McBeth and her lawyer, the board took no action on calls by several parents to bar McBeth from returning to the school where she taught for five years before becoming a woman.

``It was magnificent,'' McBeth said afterward. ``You saw democracy in action.''

I'm all for personal freedoms. I even agree with some instances of gender reassignment (hemaphrodites), but how do you explain this to a 7 year old?
<--- You don't :p There just some things they do not need to know.

Back
Top Bottom