• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you think it's ok for gays to adopt?

Should gays be allowed to adopt?

• Yes

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters
I will never agree that the best place for a child is not with a father, and a mother, but anyone willing to adopt, they must be good people. I was once totally against this, partly because I believe in the traditional family, and also because I felt their was a lot of dysfunction in gay people. I have come to a new conclusion now, and I hope all kids can find a family, no matter the gender, race, religion, just a good loving family.

americanwoman said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060221/pl_usatoday/drivestobangayadoptionheatupin16states

So whats your thought on this? Yes or no and why.

I say yes because I think anyone is fit to be a parent as long as they can treat the kid right and bring them up good. I also think it's against their civil rights to deny them their right to adopt.
They should go through the adoption procedure just like everyoone else of course but not get treated any differently.

I say, Yes. (Don't have a heart attack, Kelzie!)
But only under two conditions:
1) That the ones who are adopting the children are fit to be parents (Financially, emotionally, etc.)

2) That they don't FORCE their sexuality on the child. (As in, don't make them gay if they don't want or choose to be gay).

Donkey1499 said:
I say, Yes. (Don't have a heart attack, Kelzie!)
But only under two conditions:
1) That the ones who are adopting the children are fit to be parents (Financially, emotionally, etc.)

2) That they don't FORCE their sexuality on the child. (As in, don't make them gay if they don't want or choose to be gay).

Well, those should be criteria for any new parents.

Donkey1499 said:

Has there ever been a case in American history where someone did this? Outside of the homoerotic fantasies of right-wing Christian fundamentalists?

Kandahar said:
Has there ever been a case in American history where someone did this? Outside of the homoerotic fantasies of right-wing Christian fundamentalists?

Ask Billo. I've heard rumors.

Kandahar said:

Haven't you ever heard of those parents that won't let their kid stay in the house unless they're straight? If not, then you need to watch more Lifetime. lol

Donkey1499 said:
Haven't you ever heard of those parents that won't let their kid stay in the house unless they're straight? If not, then you need to watch more Lifetime. lol

Let me rephrase: Has there ever been a case in American history where gay parents have forced their kids to be gay, outside of the homoerotic fantasies of right-wing Christian fundamentalists?

Kelzie said:
Well, those should be criteria for any new parents.

I hope you didn't fall out of your chair.

I only said that other stuff because the thread starter wanted a "why". to the answer, so thus, I gave one. Why? You wanna fight about it??? :mrgreen:

Kandahar said:
Let me rephrase: Has there ever been a case in American history where gay parents have forced their kids to be gay, outside of the homoerotic fantasies of right-wing Christian fundamentalists?

Let me rephrase: *cough *cough (clears throat).......Ask Billo.

Kandahar said:

:spin:
Why the harshness towards Christians?

And I didn't mean to just single out fags... I mean homos.
Like what Kelzie the Vegan Queen said, that those should be the qualities of any new parent(s).

Donkey1499 said:
I hope you didn't fall out of your chair.

I only said that other stuff because the thread starter wanted a "why". to the answer, so thus, I gave one. Why? You wanna fight about it??? :mrgreen:

You know I'd kick your ***. Are you a masochist or something?

Donkey1499 said:
Need some shrooms and cough syrup?

What the hell do you think I am? Save your weak cough syrup. Pass the shrooms.

Donkey1499 said:
masochist? Don't use big words that go beyond my redneck intelligence!

It's a type of apple. :roll:

I think ideally a child should be raised by a mother and a father......Both partners play and important part in the nurturing and raising of the child that can not be substituted for......

I think the only time gays should be allowed to adopt is when there are no other options for the child.........

HELL NO!! Gay people will not be able to take care of a child the way a real mother of father nurtures &; pampers a child. I cant believe people would actually let something like this happen. Can you imaging 2 fags adopting a little 3 year old girl. :roll: or two Lesbians adopting a little boy. I would really feel sorry for them. I mean how can two guys teach a girl about her PERIOD ? :shock: or how can two girls(lesbians) tell a boy that having sex with mom & mom is OK. :doh . I'm really glad that the average American knows that allowing gay people to adopt is not OK. :screwy

COBRA said:
HELL NO!! Gay people will not be able to take care of a child the way a real mother of father nurtures &; pampers a child. I cant believe people would actually let something like this happen. Can you imaging 2 fags adopting a little 3 year old girl. :roll: or two Lesbians adopting a little boy. I would really feel sorry for them. I mean how can two guys teach a girl about her PERIOD ? :shock: or how can two girls(lesbians) tell a boy that having sex with mom & mom is OK. :doh . I'm really glad that the average American knows that allowing gay people to adopt is not OK. :screwy

Hmm...... So... In review.....

A single parent mother should not be allowed to keep her male child because how can she teach him about having sex?

And a single parent father should not be allowed to keep his female child because how can he teach her about her period when she reaches that age?

Give me a friggin' break.

Ive been away for a few months..... It appears the right wing nut job trolls are still around.

Hint: Think about how your post could be torn apart by someone with half-a-brain before you post it.... A small word of advice.

COBRA said:
HELL NO!! Gay people will not be able to take care of a child the way a real mother of father nurtures &; pampers a child. I cant believe people would actually let something like this happen. Can you imaging 2 fags adopting a little 3 year old girl. :roll: or two Lesbians adopting a little boy. I would really feel sorry for them. I mean how can two guys teach a girl about her PERIOD ? :shock: or how can two girls(lesbians) tell a boy that having sex with mom & mom is OK. :doh . I'm really glad that the average American knows that allowing gay people to adopt is not OK.

Yeah, 'cause you know, the poll up there, where the majority has voted yes? Yeah, I guess none of those folks are "average Americans", huh? :roll:

Gardener said:
My five year old is friends with a girl who has two mommies. Great kid.

Great mommies.

What more could one ask than a stable and loving relationship where the child's welfare is at heart?

My 7 year old plays with a great kid who has 2 daddies. He was adopted, the parents are great and very loving.

I'm convinced that the basis of those who want to deny gay people the right to adopt is homophobia and repressed homosexual tendencies. Just look at the preachers and politicians out front on this issue. If you have your "gaydar" on - you know what I mean.

Stace said:
Yeah, 'cause you know, the poll up there, where the majority has voted yes? Yeah, I guess none of those folks are "average Americans", huh? :roll:

HELL NO THEY AIN'T!

CAUSE THEY SUPPORT QUEERS, LESBI-ANZ, AND HO-MO-SEX-UALS!

THEY GOTTA HAVE HATE IN THIER HEARTS! HATE FOR NON-WHITES... HATE FOR NON HETEROSEXUALZ, HATE FOR THE POOR, And a general, "I DON'T GIVE A ****" attitude about anyone but themselvez.......

If you ain't like this, you ain't an average american.

(note, this is sarcasm and not My (Caine's) actual view on the issue)

COBRA said:

Methinks you're a troll, but let me ask you this.

1. Can a man be a gynecologist?
2. Can a priest offer marriage counseling?
3. Can a male doctor understand woman's issues and vice-versa?
4. Can a mother talk to her son about the birds and the bees?
5. Can a father talk to his daughter about birth control?

Oh wait. 7 hours of American Idol is calling you....

:doh
hipsterdufus said:
Oh wait. 7 hours of American Idol is calling you....
:doh dame i missed it... j/k

americanwoman said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060221/pl_usatoday/drivestobangayadoptionheatupin16states

So whats your thought on this? Yes or no and why.

I say yes because I think anyone is fit to be a parent as long as they can treat the kid right and bring them up good. I also think it's against their civil rights to deny them their right to adopt.
They should go through the adoption procedure just like everyoone else of course but not get treated any differently.
Sure why not? I mean they can't reproduce by spudding? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom