• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you think Hillary is electable as president?

o you think Hillary is electable as president?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
Not only no, but he(( no. I am a registered DEM and I want a Democrat in office, despite my respect for Hillary, I don't think she will get elected.

"Slick Willie" is a sexual predator.
An out an out lie! Show us dear Navy Pride when and where President Clinton has been convicted of any sexual crimes?

You're once again spreading falsehoods. It's so interesting how you regularly malign others in this community because you perceive that they "hate Bush" but at the same time you're writing post after post after post expressing your hate for President and Senator Clinton.

In other words you value judge others because they "hate Bush" but you do not set the same standard on yourself when you hate the Clintons.

Oh so typical of you NP, oh so typical.....

Can you prove any of these accusations? How did she make a fool of herself on TV?

Geez are you people so ignorant? When she defended him over the Jennifer Flowers tapes and then Paula Jones.

What woman was "set up" to go to prison?

Clinton set Lewinsky up for a stay in a federal pen but engaging her in his perjury scheme and submitting her false affidavit into a federal court in order to obstruct justice. Nice guy isn't he.

That doesn't speak much for our justice system if a woman can be "set up" to go to prison.

It doesn't speak to anything about the justice system, it speaks to Bill Clinton and his wife is fully aware of what he did and what kind of man he is and she still stays with him.

your comments please......

I say no,mostly because she is a woman,second she is a Clinton and third no one is buying her moderate stance they know she is a liberal.

After the first time maybe, but how about the second, third, fourth, fifth? How about after he let herself make such a fool our of herself on national TV why her bogus defense of him? And he just sat there and smiled and let her do it? How about after he set up a young woman his daughter's ager to go to a federal prison to protect him, how does that speak of her character to stay with a man who would do that?

It doesn't speak well of her character, but I still think she would have divorced him if it wasn't for political reasons. No matter how much you despise Bill you must admit he's a good speaker, and why not have that along with his experience at her disposal?

It doesn't speak well of her character, but I still think she would have divorced him if it wasn't for political reasons. No matter how much you despise Bill you must admit he's a good speaker, and why not have that along with his experience at her disposal?

I don't care if someone is a good speaker, I care about WHAT THEY SAY AND DO. Neither one of them has the character to lead the country.

Why is she starting an "exploratory committee" to as she herself put to go out and ask questions, to have a dialog? If she doesn't know what she stands for, if she can't express it clearly and distinctly and tell the country what it is she will do and where she will lead the country then what the heck is she doing running to be the leader of the country?

The opposition to Hillary is herself. She has had moments of fury outbursts and anger. The John McCain outburst cost him his chances. The only thing I can imagine truly holding Hilary back is her own tendency to get angry and mean. Hilary seems more masculine than John Edwards. Hilary is more masculine than George W Bush. But it doesn't seem to be that the American people want a masculine, aggressive personality. Bill clinton, non aggressive. GW, non aggressive. John McCain showed one outburst and the people thought he wouldn't be able to control himself. Hilary has had those some sorts of outbursts, and of even saying very rude things about other politicians, that were rather harsh, such as Guiliani wouldn't know anything about being a leader, because he only led new york. Of all of them Guiliani, Edwards, Hillary is the one that seems the most unnatural. She seems guarded, her facial expression look tense, fake, contrived. Edwards, Guiliani, even GW Bush are being politicians. Hillary is trying to be a politician. She still rarely looks natural and at ease. She has a tense nervous non natural presence.

A joke was made by a hannity guest.

"Obama is a warm person who speaks to you like a person, hilary looks like she's still reading off of note cards."

Obama just speaks. You can see Hilaries eyes downloading a page of "what should I say next."

She is electable. She gets my vote because I want Clinton back even though I don't agree entirely with his policy. I believe that Clinton is enough of a genius that even if I don't agree with him I feel safer having him in their than not. And if Hilary is in there, he's in there. So I vote hilary as long as she doesn't curse someone out or yell at them like mccain did or give the dean "Yeah" yell, she'll be okay.

She can't even say George Bush's name without sputtering in anger. She's partisan as hell and everyone knows it. Add on top of that the fact that she's been in politics a long time.

She's cold and calculating and Americans can see it.

She tried to fool everyone into believing ahe is a moderate byu her position in Iraq........The fact is she fooled no one..............She is a big Liberal and is unelectable.........

She is electable. She gets my vote because I want Clinton back even though I don't agree entirely with his policy.

You think Bill tells Hillary what to do? I think you have a misguided view of the two.

I believe that Clinton is enough of a genius that even if I don't agree with him I feel safer having him in their than not.

Can you cite any examples of this so-called genius?

And if Hilary is in there, he's in there.

So all the young ladies better look out.

So I vote hilary as long as she doesn't curse someone out or yell at them like mccain did or give the dean "Yeah" yell, she'll be okay.

Or like she routinely does?

I think that she is electable.....but not by me.

I disagree with most of what she stands for....I think........actually, I am not so sure what she does stand for.

But I do know one thing....If America is going to elect a female president, I do not want it to be her.

Well of course she votes for what she believes in, but sometimes politicians have to vote for popular things so they can get elected and support what they really believe in. I guess I just fail to understand how this makes someone lack integrity, unless that's not why you think she does, and if that's the case, please explain your reasoning.

i don't think that politicians should vote for what is popular. they should vote for what they believe is the right thing to vote for (and hopefully that is the right thing for the people also). imo, hillary voted for the iraq war because it was the popular thing to do. then she said that she would do it differently, then she said we shouldn't have gone in... i think that she changed her opinion on the war way too many times. it seems that everytime the people changed their opinion, so did she.

since there is nobody available who can challenge her in the Republican party,, she is a shoo in. Yet I would not personally vote for her because she backed the War in Iraq with her votes. Some other demo would be better for me. yet she is better than anyone the Repubs can put forth, in the next 40 years.:twocents:

i think that she would be better than any rep., but i believe that both mccain and guiliani could be beat her (and probably barack too).

Unfortunately, yes. Yes she is.

I wish she wasn't. But she will easily beat Obama in my opinion and Edwards is just so eeeew! And Edwards already has the stigma as a "loser." I wish the Democrats would come up with something better but they may put her forward as the best they could find. Personally I can't stand her. She has the tendency to say whatever she thinks the crowd she is speaking to wants to hear which is one of the biggest reasons I can't stand her. She has a real "drive" for power and when a person allows the "drive" for power to dictate their beliefs they really stand for nothing at all and that's how I see her. She also sounds like she's yelling alot. She has an irritating screech that she pulls out whenever she's challenged.

It's kind of funny how most people who are bitchy that Hillary didn't leave her husband are the same people who support "family values." :roll:

Would you guys really be more likely to vote for her if she was a divorced woman? Or are you just looking for some reason to take a cheap shot at her?

Frankly, it's none of your business what her family situation is.

For me it's not so much that I care whether she stayed or divorced him so much as I sense that she would tolerate anything absolutely anything at all to ensure she got "her turn."

The only thing I know for sure about Hilary is that she desperately wants to be President one day.

Back
Top Bottom