• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support the media doxxing regular people because of their political opinions?

Do you support the media doxxing regular people for their political opinions?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
It all becomes clear. 🤣

That…….?

From what you’ve said, it sounds like you agree that private individuals shouldn’t be doxxed in the media.

He is living in Russian embassy after admitting to publishing classified information.

It’s beyond the pale.
You appear a bit confused.

Assange took refuge for 7 years in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London until kicked out in 2019.

Since then, he remains confined in Britain’s high-security Belmarch Prison.

Is posting private addresses of regular people you disagree with ethical?
You're asking the wrong question(s).

Reporting reveals facts. Agreement or disagreement with the subject of those facts has precious little to do with whether they are or are not facts

Do conservatives consider Twitter to be the media? Again, getting back to the question in the OP.
Now we can dance a waltz around the ever moving goal post about a word or two out of place or ask ourselves if doxxing by whomever is acceptable?

That…….?

From what you’ve said, it sounds like you agree that private individuals shouldn’t be doxxed in the media.
I believe that a person who courts attention via TicTok by attacking others is not a non-famous, regular person. YMMV.

What other intent would it be?
1. You posed a loaded question in your poll.
2. The word ”doxxing” connotes negative feelings.
3. I asked @tacomancer, not you.
4. Other intent, in my mind, includes quest for transparency and knowledge-based decision making.

You heard me. You're defending Chaya Raichik. That's her name. The one who was lobbing accusations and steering conservative outrage and HATEFUL legislation under the shield of anonymity.

I’m defending no one. I’m asking a general question about ethics in media. Is your answer to the poll question yes or sometimes?

It's called reporting.

What 'Libs of Tik Tok' was doing, by contrast, was called intimidation.

The person @Josie is defending with her false equivalency, I'm-Just-Asking-Questions shtick was trying to get LGBTQ teachers FIRED and endangering people with accusations of child sex trafficking.

Now we can dance a waltz around the ever moving goal post about a word or two out of place or ask ourselves if doxxing by whomever is acceptable?
To be clear, journalists routinely publish information they've learned, including previously un- or little-known facts about persons, places and things.

Doxxing, on the other hand, is what (usually) anonymous parties do to other anonymous parties, usually to intimidate or expose.

Doxxing isn't journalism.

But that doesn't mean a reporter working under her own byline is doxxing someone simply because she publishes facts.

I’m defending no one. I’m asking a general question about ethics in media. Is your answer to the poll question yes or sometimes?

"I'm just asking questions..."

Ew4cGxXU8AAq9es.jpg

4. Other intent, in my mind, includes quest for transparency and knowledge-based decision making.

Explain how posting people’s private phone numbers and/or addresses is relevant.

The person @Josie is defending with her false equivalency, I'm-Just-Asking-Questions shtick was trying to get LGBTQ teachers FIRED and endangering people with accusations of child sex trafficking.
Yep. Trying to intimidate from behind the stank of anonymity.

The reporter, on the other hand, published under her own byline.

I believe that a person who courts attention via TicTok by attacking others is not a non-famous, regular person. YMMV.

What makes anyone who posts on social media not a private person anymore?

Explain how posting people’s private phone numbers and/or addresses is relevant.
Phone numbers are not private unless an end-user asks their actual owners (the telecomm providers) not to publish or make known, or, in the case of, say, Koch Industries, the users own their own separate trunks and switches.

The point of this thread is not to get votes in the poll. The point of this thread is to make people think that the media is doing this routinely.

Pay attention to which suckers gobble it up.

What makes anyone who posts on social media not a private person anymore?
Why would you respond to my comment but completely ignore the content of it?

Phone numbers are not private unless an end-user asks their actual owners (the telecomm providers) not to publish or make known, or, in the case of, say, Koch Industries, the users own their own separate trunks and switches.

Ok. What’s your opinion on the media posting phone numbers and addresses of regular or even famous people?

I use something I’ve never heard of to create my poll questions?

That's right. You call it Libs of TikTok, 4Chan, 8Chan, or whichever Trumpian swamp you get your media from.

Revealing the identity of Libs of TikTok was entirely justified, and she wasn't just expressing a political opinion as YOUR POLL says.

Is posting private addresses of regular people you disagree with ethical?

Don't you have the courage to identify who you're talking about? I know conservatives are cowards, but it directly relates to what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom