• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support the “Life at Conception Act”? Human Being = the moment of fertilization.

Do you support the “Life at Conception Act”? Human Being = the moment of fertilization.

• Total voters
The question we should be asking is, "When does a human life become property of government?".

IMO, NO ONE but the individual Woman has ANY RIGHT relative to HER decision to birth a child or not, at ANY TIME pre-birth, and Governments right to become involved begins once a relative healthy new born has been recorded.

Masks and pregnancy.jpg

Yes
No

H. R. 431
To implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and preborn human person.

A BILL
To implement equal protection under the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and preborn human person.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Life at Conception Act”.
SEC. 2. RIGHT TO LIFE.

To implement equal protection for the right to life of each born and preborn human person, and pursuant to the duty and authority of the Congress, including Congress’ power under article I, section 8, to make necessary and proper laws, and Congress’ power under section 5 of the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Congress hereby declares that the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being. However, nothing in this Act shall be construed to authorize the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child.
SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.

For purposes of this Act:
(1) HUMAN PERSON; HUMAN BEING.—The terms “human person” and “human being” include each and every member of the species homo sapiens at all stages of life, including the moment of fertilization, cloning, or other moment at which an individual member of the human species comes into being.
(2) STATE.—The term “State” used in the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States and other applicable provisions of the Constitution includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and each other territory or possession of the United States.

At that point, it's a small step to sperm being kids, or unfertilized eggs.

Yes
No

H. R. 431

A BILL

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

SEC. 2. RIGHT TO LIFE.

To implement equal protection for the right to life of each born and preborn human person, and pursuant to the duty and authority of the Congress, including Congress’ power under article I, section 8, to make necessary and proper laws, and Congress’ power under section 5 of the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Congress hereby declares that the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being. However, nothing in this Act shall be construed to authorize the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child.
SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.

(1) HUMAN PERSON; HUMAN BEING.—The terms “human person” and “human being” include each and every member of the species homo sapiens at all stages of life, including the moment of fertilization, cloning, or other moment at which an individual member of the human species comes into being.
(2) STATE.—The term “State” used in the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States and other applicable provisions of the Constitution includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and each other territory or possession of the United States.

no...that is insane...

do you wanna throw men in jail for jacking?

Fair enough! Have an absurd idea then the best thing to do with it is make it even more absurd.

According to religious nutjobs
Thus, we are born in sin (Psalm 51:5) and are evil from our youth up (Genesis 8:21). Therefore, death reigns over all (Romans 5:12) "because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".

Where is the innocence when sin is our natural state according to some idiot of a god.
I was just trying to explain their reasoning. Of course it doesn't make any sense. But life that actually lives and "sins" is no concern of theirs. Especially if that sinner happens to be female. Guys are scared of us, that's why they try their darnest to control us.

Senate Republicans have blocked Tammy Duckworth's bill to protect IVF at the federal level.

Joe Biden and every Senate Democrat should be campaigning on this. Republicans want to ban abortion, ban IVF, and deny women maternal health care and paid parental leave.

Make the Republicans run as the anti-natalist party, and every time a Republican denies it, make them commit to supporting Tammy Duckworth's bill or repeat their bullshit explanations for why they won't.

Since Alabama has decided embryos are people, I think they need to redraw their districts to give more representation to the (urban, Democratic) cities where IVF clinics tend to be located. There are thousands of people living in each of those clinics who are being denied equal representation.

First define what a right to life means.

I would say that we have two ways of looking at it. A right to life can mean the right to live by the choices we make as individuals. Or it can mean what the christians want it to mean that is that life is sacred.
the OP/Bill already does that
it equates a fertilized embryo to legal person
so the same right to life you, I and every american has

thinking beyond that is just what ifs

Voted no, entirely because the concept of "life at conception" is about ultimate rule over women.

By the numbers in the poll it proves my point, republicans don't govern, they rule.

They do not care what the public thinks, they will force their will on the majority of people.

Is this what we want for america, the very vast minority ruling?

Only innocent life is sacred
"Innocent life" is a horrible claim as "innocence" is not a state of being. Its a condition predicated on an act, accusation of an act. It requires an accusation, possible act being committed to exist as whether a person can be innocent or guilty of that act. You can't be "guilty" as a state of being, just as you can't be "innocent" as a state of being.

But this is also BS since they likely have no issue killing other "innocent" life, like plants and animals, but justifying it as "well they aren't humans".

My vote is no. That's like adding milk to the cake mix and saying it's now a cake when the fact is there's a lot more involved to make it so. It's only a cake after it's been baked for a certain time in the oven.🧑‍🍳 I'm the only chef in this kitchen, and it's my oven! lol
I saw someone claim that you can't stop baking the cake after its been mixed and put in the oven. Rightfully, others pointed out "yes, you can, if its your oven".

The question we should be asking is, "When does a human life become property of government?".

IMO, NO ONE but the individual Woman has ANY RIGHT relative to HER decision to birth a child or not, at ANY TIME pre-birth, and Governments right to become involved begins once a relative healthy new born has been recorded.
I'd say simply "at birth", as whether they are healthy or not doesn't matter once they are born. Care should be given, even if it is palliative to the newborn. Palliative care is not killing. It is simply reducing pain as much as able until death naturally occurs.

Is any human life the property of the govt? Are you? Are any posters here?

IMO that is not a valid question and also not related to the IVF embryo issue.

Im glad most people understand this would be insanity and completely treating women like human meat incubators
how are some people so lost

It is an absurd idea that is the epitome of performance artistry.

the OP/Bill already does that
it equates a fertilized embryo to legal person

thinking beyond that is just what ifs
All it states is that a right to life can be equated to a state of being alive from the point of conception. That is not a description to what a right to a life is.

Incorrect, No american has a right to life by the words of the constitution.
The U.S. Constitution does not grant Americans the right to life. The U.S. Constitution never even mentions the “right to life.” The word “Life” is found but only once in the U.S. Consitution. Article III, Section 3, Clause 2: “The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.”

I would suggest that thinking by americans is not just what ifs, but instead just not done.

All it states is that a right to life can be equated to a state of being alive from the point of conception. That is not a description to what a right to a life is.
false that is not all it states, read it again it clearly says HUMAN PERSON; HUMAN BEING which has legal ramifactions
Incorrect, No american has a right to life by the words of the constitution.
also false, why?
where did i say an american has the right to life by the words of the constitution?
i didnt . . . . .
i said it would make it the same as me or you or any american, which is true, it thats none or absolute its the same
i would suggest sticking to reality, things actually said, and the bill itself

false that is not all it states, read it again it clearly says HUMAN PERSON; HUMAN BEING which has legal ramifactions

also false, why?
where did i say an american has the right to life by the words of the constitution?
i didnt . . . . .
i said it would make it the same as me or you or any american, which is true, it thats none or absolute its the same
i would suggest sticking to reality, things actually said, and the bill itself
Again all that tells me is who gets a right to life. Kind of limited viewpoint just to restrict it to humans but that is another argument. Still no explenation as to what a right to life actually entails.

That you personally omit the words constitution is a meaningless point considering that it is an article written by congress that is up for debate, not the way you choose to phrase something. And by the link you gave it quite clearly states that the constitution is what gives a right to life notion any power, From your link
To implement equal protection for the right to life of each born and preborn human person, and pursuant to the duty and authority of the Congress, including Congress’ power under article I, section 8, to make necessary and proper laws, and Congress’ power under section 5 of the 14th article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States,
What you did say and now seem to want to deny is
Yet you do not have a right to life according to your constitution. So where are you getting the notion that every american has a right to life?

Again all that tells me is who gets a right to life.
correct
Kind of limited viewpoint just to restrict it to humans but that is another argument.
yep that's meaningless
Still no explenation as to what a right to life actually entails.
like i said the same as everybody now in the states who is a legal person and all the rights that come with it
you wanting to see right ot life in the constution is meanignless
also not in the constitution is right not to be raped, right not to be abused etc etc 🤷‍♂️
That you personally omit the words constitution is a meaningless point considering
actually its everything because it proves your outt of left field strawman directly about my comment calling it wrong to be completely false
you made up a false premise and got caught, anything else? preferably on topic and about things actually said

correct

yep that's meaningless
Not meaningless It is just not using a christian bias that only humans deserve rights.

like i said the same as everybody now in the states who is a legal person and all the rights that come with it
you wanting to see right ot life in the constution is meanignless
also not in the constitution is right not to be raped, right not to be abused etc etc 🤷‍♂️
So every one has a right to life and yet no one would seem to have an explanation as to what a right to life is.

actually its everything because it proves your outt of left field strawman directly about my comment calling it wrong to be completely false
you made up a false premise and got caught, anything else? preferably on topic and about things actually said
Not at all. You omitted the words constitution while backing your words with the constitution. Your claim of a right to life by your own admission has nothing to back it.

Not meaningless It is just not using a christian bias that only humans deserve rights.
meaningless to the topic
so every one has a right to life and yet no one would seem to have an explanation as to what a right to life is.
another thing never said
Not at all. You omitted the words constitution while backing your words with the constitution.
i never committed anything that was your false assumption hence why its failing so bad

since your post has gone off the deep end and started posting flat-out lies

here is where we are at
you said this false claim about my post
That is incorrect, No American has a right to life by the words of the Constitution.
Until you can A quote me saying that or B admit to your factual mistake there's nothing to discuss
let see what you do, and if a post is mad based on honesty and integrity

Yes
No

H. R. 431

A BILL

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

SEC. 2. RIGHT TO LIFE.

SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.

NO, of course not. I'm a sane American not an inbred religious rightwing nutter,

Back
Top Bottom